shape
carat
color
clarity

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Denise

Shiny_Rock

Howdy All,

Football season is upon us. I am a huge football fan and was hoping to share my passion with ya''ll. I have loved football since I was a little girl. I also love basketball and I am proud of my San Antonio Spurs for their victory this year!!! I live and breathe football. I basically have no life from the day after Super Bowl until August when the pre-season starts. Would like to know everyone''s favorite teams and just talk shop about Football. Anyone watch the season opener last night? Any comments on Britney''s outfit or lack thereof...LOL

Denise
www.whiteflash.com

P.S. Can anyone guess who my favorite team is ?????

9.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 9/5/2003 1:12:54 PM Denise wrote:
P.S. Can anyone guess who my favorite team is ?????

----------------
The Tennessee Titans?

9.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

Denise

Shiny_Rock
Hi LawGem,

You are too funny !!!! I used to be a die hard Houston Oilers fan until they abandoned us.

A little hint: my team lost an awesome player to a team in the same division. And my old time favorite QB is no longer on our team either. POUT POUT !!!!
8.gif

Denise
www.whiteflash.com

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 9/5/2003 3:44:58 PM Denise wrote:

A little hint: my team lost an awesome player to a team in the same division. And my old time favorite QB is no longer on our team either. POUT POUT !!!!
8.gif

Denise
www.whiteflash.com
----------------

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...that probably describes 3/4 of the teams in the NFL, but I assume you are referring to old #22?

If so, you might be disappointed to find out that Arizona is no longer in the same division as Dallas.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
When I was a really young boy, I would watch football on tv with my Dad and
being young I would be for who ever was wining
1.gif
He told me that is not how it
works and you must pick a team. So, I picked the Rams ! Because they had cool
helmets
1.gif
Ive been a Ram fan ever since. Im glad they moved to St. Louis because
Im a Cardinal fan (baseball) also
1.gif
That started when I was young also, were my
Uncle that I hated with a passion (he always teased me) Loved the Cubs and hated
the Cardinals ~ So ever since then I have been a Cardinal fan
1.gif

Funny how things happen
1.gif

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
We just got back from our annual Colorado trip. Took our 3 and 7 year olds to see the Broncos vs. Colts. Too bad we didn't wait til the end of the week because that is the game the Broncos won!

Our kids had a great time anyway. Our entire family bleeds Broncos.
9.gif
We try to make it out for games at least 2 times during the season.

Greatcall

Rough_Rock
I am a huge 49 er fan. I love the way they kicked Da Bears butt yesterday. I am still wodering have the Bears found a Quarterback yet?????????????
wavey.gif

Denise

Shiny_Rock

Okay, I'm going to tell you my favorite team. Don't laugh....The Dallas Cowboys. We use to be in the same division as the Arizona Cardinals....who now has my Emmitt Smith. I am still recovering from the loss of Troy Aikman. At least I can still see him as a commentator. It's better than nothing. You name it; I have it with "Dallas Cowboys" on it. I have more stuff than anyone I know. I used to have a huge poster of Troy Aikman...it mysteriously disappeared. They already started their season with a loss. But, it made feel a little good when the Lions spanked the Cardinals. HEE HEE But my home team amazingly beat the Miami Dolphins. Houston is hosting the Super Bowl this year. WOO HOO !!! How excited am I ???? I can't believe that Steve Mariucci is now with the coach of the Detroit Lions and that Kordell Stewart is the QB for Da' Bears. Tonight's game should be interesting. It's gonna be an intense game. The only thing that I don't like about football is John Madden. I'm sorry but the man gets on my nerves.

14.gif
The game started and already I can't stand to hear his voice. TEE HEE Okay, I'm off to watch the game.
3.gif

Denise
www.whiteflash.com

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think NFL football is a colossal waste of time.

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
My husband surprised me about 4 years ago and we went on a cruise that included Miami and Denver fans. We all went to Nassau together and then came back to Miami and went to the football game where Miami was playing Denver and we all stayed at the Don Shula golf resort. It was a lot of fun. Even the White Rhino himself was on our cruise! I can't recommend the cruiseline as my husband and I joked about how they served food and then quickly removed and hid it from the passengers. We both lost weight on the cruise!

manhattan01

Rough_Rock
Denise!!! Will you marry me?!
2.gif

I'm a big Bronco's fan...started when I was a kid and my dad was a huge 49er's fan. So the two of us had a rivalry...course, I always lost. Damn that Montana. Sad to say though, I've never been to a game.
sad.gif

-spencer

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Spencer,
We have actually gotten some tickets on Ebay and done so for cheap cheap. We just search for local sellers about an hour before game time.
9.gif
We have gotten some excellent seats doing it this way.

I too have been a Broncos fan since I was a child. My grandfather and I used to watch the games together and occasionally I was able to go with him to a game. It wasn't just the game that was fun, it was spending time with my grandfather and sharing something together that stands out in my mind. This is what I think about when we take our children to games.

manhattan01

Rough_Rock
babblingal, I know what you mean. I miss my Dad!!! He's living in another country now we haven't watched football together for years. Anyway, the reason I haven't seen a game isn't because of the money...well it is, I live in Vancouver, Canada and I can't justify paying a plane ticket to Denver to catch a Bronco's game...and I cannot STAND the Seahawks and just WILL NOT support them. Actually, I despise, the Raiders, Chargers and Chiefs too...does anyone else have a in-bred hatred for teams in the same division as your favourite team? Or is just me?
1.gif

-spencer

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Spencer,
Surely you want to take a vacation to Denver one of these days!
2.gif

Our family also are not fans of the Raiders, KC, nor the Seahawks. Right now, my disdain is for Romanowski. I think he should be fired or told he must forfeit a portion of his hefty salary to fund charities who help the abused. I mean the man has already paid out almost 80,000 dollars in fines for his disgusting behavior. My husband's theory is that they will let him continue to play but then exclude him from the Hall of Fame.

manhattan01

Rough_Rock
Yes, Romo has a problem. He's always been intense on the field but that punch on his teammate was his first off-the-field incident in Oakland...problem is, they can't fire/release him as that'll cost them about 1 mil against their cap...not to mention the money they would still owe him.

As for me visiting Denver...it's possble. I could make a nice vacation out of it...visit Vale, ski a bit, freeze my but off at Mile Hig...I mean, Invesco.

-spencer

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
The Mets!
wink2.gif
9.gif

I love to see pro-football in person. Loses translation on TV.

Good College football - different story. Although, live is best.

manhattan01

Rough_Rock
For some reason, I've always enjoyed watching pro sports on TV. I think it's the colour commentary and replay...plus private bathrooms, fresh food, drinks...it's like my own luxury booth.
1.gif

-spencer

Denise

Shiny_Rock

WOOO HOOO What an awesome Monday night game !!!Only problem is that I fell asleep during the 4th quarter and missed all the action !!!!!But….I am happier than pig in _ _ _ _ that my boys pulled it off !!!!!/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]

Babs,/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]

That is so nice that you had those memories with your Grandpa.My father and I never shared my passion for football.He is a baseball fanatic.He used to play with a city league back in the day.His garage is filled w/ trophies and baseball hats.On the rare occasion that he doesn’t wear his hat, I almost don’t recognize him.When I was little, he took me to see the Yankees play.I cut my foot in Yankee stadium.Still have the scar./www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]

Spencer,

Why do you want to marry me ?
naughty.gif
Because I LOVE football??? You are too cute.It's funny that my girlfriends want me to teach them about football so they can impress their boyfriends...but you just can't teach the passion. Through all the years, I have always been the only girl watching the games w/ the guys.Therefore, I have more guy friends than girls.But nice to have the gal pals around to go shopping.Sometimes the gals have the nerve to call or come by during football games.They miss me during football season.J/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]

I have seen the Miami Dolphins play at the old Joe Robbie Stadium and Pro Player Stadium.Too bad Dan Marino never got his ring.And of course, I have been to heaven --- the Dallas Cowboys Stadium to see my boys play.I have enjoyed live games…being around your fellow comrades.But at the game, you really don’t watch the game.You are sitting there talking and gawking at all the wierdos.I prefer to watch the games @ home.How often did you get a chance to scream at your T.V. in your underwear???And go tinkle in a few seconds instead of ½ hour walking from your seat the tinkle room.Although I won’t mind freezing my big tush off to see the Broncos play in Denver and see snow.I haven’t seen snow in a long long time./www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]

I also like other teams besides my boys.I also like the Lions, Broncos, Dolphins, Texans, Packers, Niners and any team that plays the Washington Redskins.One of my friends is a die-hard Oakland Raiders fan.Yes, he is totally annoying.You have to walk around on eggshells for a week after a loss.Raider fans scare me.Speaking of scary…Jon Grudin and Bill Parcells.I can’t wait until the Cowboys vs. Bucs game.It’s going to be a race to see who has a coronary first…Grudin or Parcells./www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]

Denise Newberg/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]

www.whiteflash.com

Diamondeek

Rough_Rock
First posting here, been registered for a while...but never talk unless I feel I need to...and NOW I need to...I can never refuse ANY conversation from my FAVORITE Latina Mami in Houston...Mz Denise....We share the same feelings about "OUR" team...and am upset that I didn't get to guess her team...Coming in from Philly but laugh at the hap-less Eagles...GO COWBOYS! Right mami??

Oh and Denise.... How' u doin'? Ms BOO-TAY...hehe
love.gif

I luv ya girl...lets talk football....I'm ready...
Chris
saint.gif

[email protected]

Diamondeek

Rough_Rock
After reading some other posts, I can't help but to stay chirping here...One topic is live vs. TV football...I am a TV fan big time...there is NOTHING fun about watchin football live..the sport is second to none, however...Seeing a bunch of overpaid slobs standing around winded while waiting for a TV timeout is the worst! Obviously football sucks when sitting there in the cold and staring at the back of someones head....another thing, most of you people out there don't live in Filth-a-delphia either, after all, we are the city that SHOVE you back.....Our reputation proceeds us as the WORST town for opposing fans, and the hated Dallas Cowboys in this town, needless to say, get whacked while in attendance....

Went to Nebraska last week to see nebraska play Penn State, I personally hate both teams but went for the fun of it and to visit some friends out there...And it verified it for me, I hate live football....although not used to being welcomed by other cities, especially when wearing my Michael "The Playmaker" Irvin jersey!

Bleedin' blue since 76, and will always stay a loyal....

Chris
saint.gif

(really hoping Dave Atlas isn't reading this...I swear I'm working too Dave...haha)

[email protected]

manhattan01

Rough_Rock
OH MAN!!!!!
Sunday night, Buffalo+3 at Miami
MONDAY NIGHT, Oakland+5 at Denver

And I'm going to miss them!!! I'll be in New York proposing...but that's another story
1.gif
I'll have to tape the Denver game and pray that Portis stays healthy. And yes...Denise, Football and Basketball are my two favourite sports...hence my proposal to you.

And Chris...man, you Philly fans...I feel for ya! What happened to the Eagles! I picked them to be on top of the NFC east! It's going to be rough on them to come back after the bye and play the Bills in Bufallo.

-spencer

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
All this talk about football....

It sure confuses me

It makes the topic of diamonds

Seem simple as can be

Denise, you flirty lady

It comes as no surprise

You're having fun with football

and attracting all the guys!!!

wavey.gif
wavey.gif

Denise

Shiny_Rock

Hey Jude !!!!/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

Thanks for the poem.Here is my sorry attempt at poetry:/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

Try not to laugh too hard J/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

I LOVE football/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

Yes I do/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

I am a big fan of the white and blue/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

I scream I yell I cheer/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

While my buddies drink their beer/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

What can I say ? What can I do?/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

I suffer the loss of # 22/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

Don’t know if we’re going to Super Bowl/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

Since the loss of valuable players has taken its toll/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

On a once awesome team with now new faces/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

That hopefully one day will take us to new places/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

Denise/idealbb/images/smilies/21.gif/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

www.whiteflash.com

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
looks like I have some competition here

your poetry is insprired, that's clear

and if football's your "thang"

that's okay too

just as long as it rhymes for you!

wavey.gif

Diamondeek

Rough_Rock
I hear ya Spencer...Don't feel for me as far as the team goes, I LOVE the fact that they're (The Eagle) at the bottom looking up...Feel for me being a Cowboy fan living in Philly...and was born and raised in West Philly...haha...
Hey, when it comes to a TEAM, I want one who has a committment to winning...Not a team who has been to 1 super bowl and got what they deserved when they arrived...

Also..I took the 5 points last night...and GOT MY BUTT KICKED...turned my weekend to a +$325 weekend after that loss....but hey, thank god for da bucs, the Patriots and the Cheifs, had them all big and in a 3 team parlay for $100 so....not a bad bad weekend...damn raiders ...!

Callin' ya now, ya GRANDE PHreak ya!
Oh, and for the record..I HATE squirrels ....da latin mami can explain that one...

GO COWBOYS!

Chris DEEK

Denise

Shiny_Rock
For all you Raider Haters....they had an embarrassing loss last night. Those darn RAIDERS !!! Since one of my best friends is a die-hard, crazy, neurotic, insane Raider fan, it was not a pleasant scene last night at my casa. His bottom lip was so low, that it dragged the floor. I've never heard such language !!!! IMO I think it's safe to say that they are not going to Super Bowl this year. Too bad...soo sad.

Chris,
lickout.gif
I am sorry you lost so much mula last night. BOO HOO !!! I'm sure you'll make it up somehow.....the season has just begun. That's too bad you can't enjoy being a Cowboys fan in Philly. That bites !!!! I must say that I have been to other states with my full Cowboys gear on and have been greeted with big smiles and high fives. If I ever go to Philly, I will certainly NOT be wearing any indication that I am a Cowboys fan....unless you are there to protect me.
2.gif

Denise Newberg
www.whiteflash.com

Diamondeek

Rough_Rock
Denise, Me and the national guard couldn't protect you from these Eagle fans...I'd die o you PUMPKIN, BUT....Will not go through abuse on my way out....So...Mz Denise...Who is this Raider Fan best friend....? hmmmmm...And I thought that was us...pout pout...
Alwys luvin ya mami...
You're favorite Italian boy IN PHILLY...hehe...
saint.gif

Bleedin BLUE
DEEK

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 9/19/2003 12:04:38 PM Diamondeek wrote:

And it verified it for me, I hate live football....although not used to being welcomed by other cities, especially when wearing my Michael 'The Playmaker' Irvin jersey!

----------------

I have to ask: have you actually worn that jersey to Eagle games? Because I recall that Philly is the place where the fans actually cheered when Irvin broke his neck.

eek.gif
nono.gif

Personally, I think the only place to watch live football is the sunny West Coast.
9.gif
But pro football--bleah. Div-1 is where it's at (speaking as someone whose local pro teams abandoned the area years ago and whose alma mater is currently ranked in the top 3
2.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results