shape
carat
color
clarity

are you gonna watch the you know what tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feb03Bride|1349371401|3279360 said:
CherryBlossom|1349369300|3279344 said:
Feb03Bride|1349366827|3279323 said:
I still feel Obama will win again. Romney's campaign, IMO, has been a mess. But he did a darn good debate last night.

I think it's easy to do well when you just come out and blast a president who has had to fix the biggest economic mess that he inherited after a disastrous 8 years of GOP policy. I think it was easy for Romney to "win" because he could simply reverse on everything (which he did) or simply tell us what we want to hear because he has never fully shared his plan. mg]

Oh, absolutely true. It's very easy to say "You didn't do XYZ" when you aren't in that position to fix major screw up XYZ that was inherited from the last administration. IMO, Obama needs 4 more years to clean up what he was given. But let's face it, many people vote on likability and which candidate promises change. And last night Obama could have been better and more concise. I do agree that Romney is full of "I can change ABC" without concrete plans, but he did touch on them a bit last night. My guess is, the next debate he may reveal those plans, which IMO, are a day late and a dollar short.
Reagan didn't make any excuses when he took over Carter's mess...he just got the job done.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good post, CherryBlossom! I only watched 45 minutes of the debate before I gave in and went to bed. I was looking forward to it but as Kaleigh said, it was a snooze fest. I expected more from Obama. I'm an Obama supporter but it was frustrating to see him lay low and not jump all over Romney for the things he has said lately (the whole 47% fiasco, etc.). What was up with that?

I'm looking forward to the next debates though. Hopefully Obama can pull it together.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still think Obama will be re-elected. It's like when George W. won his second term--he wasn't the most popular then, but the 'enemy' you know is better than the enemy you don't. At least Obama is a known entity to the American people.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1349370639|3279353 said:
All I can say is that I watched it, but missed watching it with the 2008 ATW crew. :wavey:

I would have been in fine form. I would have had a lot to work with. :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1349386029|3279531 said:
All I can say is that I watched it, but missed watching it with the 2008 ATW crew. :wavey:

I would have been in fine form. I would have had a lot to work with. :bigsmile:
lets keep it cilvilize. i wanna hear it from the PS liberals why Obama deserves 4 more yr?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1349381789|3279464 said:
Good post, CherryBlossom! I only watched 45 minutes of the debate before I gave in and went to bed. I was looking forward to it but as Kaleigh said, it was a snooze fest. I expected more from Obama. I'm an Obama supporter but it was frustrating to see him lay low and not jump all over Romney for the things he has said lately (the whole 47% fiasco, etc.). What was up with that?

I'm looking forward to the next debates though. Hopefully Obama can pull it together.
yeah,didn't seem like he had a game plan.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Obama will rock the next one. He was a bit deflated IMHO... I thought Romney was GILB. I didn't care for that tone one bit.

YOU know what I can't wait for?? The VP debates. Biden VS Ryan?? Oh dear lord... He won't stand a chance.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh|1349393868|3279611 said:
I think Obama will rock the next one. He was a bit deflated IMHO... I thought Romney was GILB. I didn't care for that tone one bit.

YOU know what I can't wait for?? The VP debates. Biden VS Ryan?? Oh dear lord... He won't stand a chance.

I will watch HoneyBoo-Boo for sure!

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh|1349393868|3279611 said:

yeah,poor Biden... :devil: :lol:

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1349374077|3279392 said:
Reagan didn't make any excuses when he took over Carter's mess...he just got the job done.

LOL, really? please show me how he did that? was it with leaving us more in debt than Carter did or was it by deregulating Wall Street... which eventually got up with us and caused the 2008 financial crisis?

How exactly did Reagan get the job done? I hear a lot of folks on the right say this but they can't actually articulate it. Reagan oversaw one of the largest expansions of the federal government along with major deficit problems

full image here, can we please put this myth to rest http://arthuride.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/us-increases-in-national-debt-republicans-democrats.gif

us-increases-in-national-debt-republicans-democrats.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CherryBlossom|1349400369|3279690 said:

LOL, really? please show me how he did that? was it with leaving us more in debt than Carter did or was it by deregulating Wall Street... which eventually got up with us and caused the 2008 financial crisis?

How exactly did Reagan get the job done? I hear a lot of folks on the right say this but they can't actually articulate it. Reagan oversaw one of the largest expansions of the federal government along with major deficit problems
the US economy goes in cycle no matter which party is in office,but we should be producing a lot more jobs at this point of the cycle. in 1981 when Reagan took office unemployment was over 10%,then in 1984 alone real economic growth boomed by 6.8%, the highest in 50 years. Nearly 20 million new jobs were created during the recovery, increasing U.S. civilian employment by almost 20%. Unemployment fell to 5.3% by 1989.

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock

He was slow and tired, that's true BUT in many ways it could have been worse. I think Obama is just running out the clock now, the #s just look bad for Romney, he really has no solid way of winning. Obama could have made some gaffs and honestly if you think about it the domestic debate is the weakest area and Romney could have really hammered him on it. But I think overall he held his own although he didn't go after Romney very hard... true.

Obama lost the debate, no doubt. This is what happens to most incumbent presidents. It happened to Reagen too. Obama was clearly complacent in his debate prep, and it showed. Still, the idea that David Gergen voiced on CNN ("we now have a real horse race!") is a bit ofwishful thinking. Unless the swing state polls move by 4-5% in unison, Obama's electoral advantages are just too strong for Romney to overcome. Kerry crushed GWB in the first 2004 debate, shrinking GWB's lead, but it didn't matter. This race looks eerily similar, except that Obama's lead this year is a bit more consistent than Bush's was.

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1349401170|3279697 said:
CherryBlossom|1349400369|3279690 said:

the US economy goes in cycle no matter which party is in office,but we should be producing a lot more jobs at this point of the cycle. in 1981 when Reagan took office unemployment was over 10%,then in 1984 alone real economic growth boomed by 6.8%, the highest in 50 years. Nearly 20 million new jobs were created during the recovery, increasing U.S. civilian employment by almost 20%. Unemployment fell to 5.3% by 1989.

the US Economy has not lost as much as we did in 2008. and who made all of that occur? it took FOUR years of HORRIBLE fiscal policy to make that occur and honestly (I swear I would really like to know) how is Romney's economic policy different than George W Bush's?? what would he do differently? I mean honestly do you folks want us to forget all of that happened. I feel BAD for Obama because he was given all of this crap and we are actually supposed to believe that he is to blame for it? he has done SO MUCH and I am so grateful of the fact that he's my president.

P.S - I am just going to keep giving you simple graphs with numbers, feel free to dispute any of them... but numbers are numbers and facts are facts.

560940_539456572746696_327432527_n.jpg

By the way, there's one big thing that you're missing when you talk about the jobs that Reagan "created" - first you're not taking into the ACTUAL numbers based on unemployment, SECOND you're not taking into account what TYPE of jobs.... the majority of the jobs that Reagan created were low wage jobs. He never replaced the middle class jobs that were lost.

I honestly want to ask one question. What IS Romney's economic plan? it seems like he believes that closing loopholes, tax cuts and tax cuts for wealthy will make our economy grow? I mean honestly is that an economic plan? I am a pretty informed voter, and for the life of me I can't find anything else about his tax plan. How is this weak kind of trickle down *lets cross our fingers* approach to the economy any different than what GWB did? I would really like to know, please educate me.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO,within the next 2 yr the U.S. economy will recover with either party in power but at a faster pace with Romney as President b/c he's more pro business.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CherryBlossom|1349401321|3279699 said:

He was slow and tired, that's true BUT in many ways it could have been worse. I think Obama is just running out the clock now, the #s just look bad for Romney, he really has no solid way of winning. Obama could have made some gaffs and honestly if you think about it the domestic debate is the weakest area and Romney could have really hammered him on it. But I think overall he held his own although he didn't go after Romney very hard... true.
at this point i think the Obama team is overconfident. the race is closer than most people think,if Obama is re-elected he will become the second President in history to do so with an unemployment # above 8%.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Back at ya, T-Gal! Because we knew how to have fun. Even if the candidates were boring. I mean, the debates were put on for a reason, right? And we, Pricescopers, (from ATW) had figured it out!

Deb
:wavey:

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1349405907|3279714 said:
IMO,within the next 2 yr the U.S. economy will recover with either party in power but at a faster pace with Romney as President b/c he's more pro business.

What does that mean? what would he do? what has he claimed he would do? MORE deregulation? oh that sounds great!! not.

How exactly has our President been anti-business?

Honestly, I want to be more educated about this, so please educate me.

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1349408012|3279720 said:
at this point i think the Obama team is overconfident. the race is closer than most people think,if Obama is re-elected he will become the second President in history to do so with an unemployment # above 8%.

Yes you're right about that last part, it would be a huge thing. the last president to do this was FDR... I think, right?

I mean that shows us what this poor guy is facing. I so feel for him.

BUT I think where Obama has advantage is that the Obama campaign has an amazing ground game. They used the 2008 primary against Hillary to build such a great grassroots team. Romney simply does not have the same type of volunteers/workers. Also w/ the whole voter ID drama, the fact is that the GOP has just not been out there registering voters... cuz they simply don't really want a lot of people to vote... on the other hand the dems have been running massive voter registration drives and that simple thing has provided them with a lot of grassroots support. At the end of the day it's going to come down to the volunteers and the ground game. Who can get folks out to vote. We shall see

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CherryBlossom|1349409025|3279726 said:
Dancing Fire|1349405907|3279714 said:

What does that mean? what would he do? what has he claimed he would do? MORE deregulation? oh that sounds great!! not.

How exactly has our President been anti-business?

Honestly, I want to be more educated about this, so please educate me.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/story/2012-01-18/obama-rejects-keystone-pipeline/52655762/1

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CherryBlossom|1349409318|3279727 said:

Yes you're right about that last part, it would be a huge thing. the last president to do this was FDR... I think, right?
yes,you know your history.. ;))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CherryBlossom|1349409318|3279727 said:

I mean that shows us what this poor guy is facing. I so feel for him.

BUT I think where Obama has advantage is that the Obama campaign has an amazing ground game. They used the 2008 primary against Hillary to build such a great grassroots team. Romney simply does not have the same type of volunteers/workers. Also w/ the whole voter ID drama, the fact is that the GOP has just not been out there registering voters... cuz they simply don't really want a lot of people to vote... on the other hand the dems have been running massive voter registration drives and that simple thing has provided them with a lot of grassroots support. At the end of the day it's going to come down to the volunteers and the ground game. Who can get folks out to vote. We shall see
that was true for 2008 but this yr there will be a lot more GOP register voters,it does not matter here in Ca. since the winner have already been decided.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so who won last night's VP debate?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1350057042|3283858 said:

Paul Ryan....

Joe Biden's behavior was appaling... I think the man is senile!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the above poster. All that smiling and mugging for the camera was creepy. And I have to hand it to Ryan. He never let it affect him. Ryan presented well without having to resort to Biden's foolishness.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1350058898|3283878 said:
Dancing Fire|1350057042|3283858 said:

Paul Ryan....

Joe Biden's behavior was appaling... I think the man is senile!
not according to MSNBC.. 8)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I miss ATW 2008 too.

I think it was a draw. I think Ryan got beat up, but that was the goal. Ever since the prez debate, I've been predicting that Biden would be in attack dog mode. Which he was. And so Ryan got beat up, but he was prepared for it, and he didn't completely fall apart.

I think that Obama was caught off guard by Romney, and I don't think that will happen again. I think the next debate should be very interesting indeed.

The winner: Rabbatz. She kicked Lehrer's booty. Was the man asleep during Prez debate 1?!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1350060702|3283905 said:
I miss ATW 2008 too.
i got a good whipping from the PS liberals in 2008... :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cherryblossom:

I love your visual aids - very helpful. Numbers do really tell the story better than the "spin" we hear from all candidates.

I too, was appalled by Biden's smirks and incredulous smiling. I know that he felt that he had to visually register how he absolutely disagreed with what Ryan was saying, but it seemed creepy to me. Every time he did it, instead of thinking about what Ryan was saying and what kind of good rebuttal could potentially be made, I thought that we should get all small children away from that smarmy creepy man...

OTOH, when he stopped smirking and went on the attack - albeit like a pitbull - he did a better job of burying Ryan who seemed to be taking the high road.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results