shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you finish upgrading? if not, what is your next target...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
of the 4 Cs? what shape?. I wanna do one upgrade with my MRB and I'm done.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Going from 0.90 F SI1 up to 1.2-1.3 (same color, probably. I’m not picky about clarity, so whatever is available in that range when I’m ready to buy will work great! It seems to be a popular size range, so there should be some choices in the summer when I’ll get serious about it.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maybe in the future (10 or 15 year anniversary), up to a 1.5ct MRB for my wife. Ideally within BG Blue collection again, colour I or better, staying with VS2 clarity.

For myself however, I really wouldn’t mind a replacement wedding band which had an Octavia in it. But I don’t think that I could convince myself to buy one for myself when I’d rather spend money for my son’s education/needs and my wife instead.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dunno how to answer this Q actually, lol.

....ok, I do know!! If I am bestowed with lots of money in the (near, hopefully) future, I will upgrade Holly and buy a large step-cut. Right now, no plan to upgrade my ering.

Still planning to buy other bling though.:P2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. I'm done.

Which is not to say I won't buy other diamonds - I will. I'm currently working my way to something in the 1.75 - 2ct range for a solitaire to go with my platinum bands, to wear as a much more discreet set. And I'm sure I'll get a warm EC to set in rose gold at some point. But neither of those will be worn with my wedding ring, so consequently neither of them will ever be worn nearly as much, and it was important to me for the diamond ring I wear with my original (sort of) wedder to be my highest quality / most important.

So my 3-stone will remain my main ring; it won't be upgraded and it will also be the most expensive ring I ever own. Up until I got this ring, I was willing to go much higher, budget-wise, in what I was prepared to spend. But once I had this ring made, I found my sweet spot for size, color and design, and realized I just don't want to go any bigger than this. So that immediately capped the budget since I don't want any other ring to surpass my 3 stone. I wouldn't be surprised if I have something larger at some point. But it won't be larger and still be as white; those colorless stones really jack up the price.

Last edited:

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I recently upgraded from 1.25ct to 2.5ct. I thought 2.5 would look big, but unfortunately it doesn’t on my size 7.5-8 finger. :( very jealous of people with tiny and long fingers. My dream ring is 4ct MRB. I am not sure if I could pull myself to spend that much.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My EC has sentimental value, and has been set in its forever home, and I have not planned to part with the ring that I wear as a RHR as often as I can.

And I truly do not wish to have a larger EC than the 1.19ct that I already have.

Besides, I have a small bling wish list for high value CSs and pearls that will take years to save up! Plus a long project list for jewellery items!

DK :))

uyalison

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am undecided. I have 2.02ct k cbi. I had planned to upgrade when some thing larger becomes available. But l find 2.02 looked just right, in terms that it is not too big not too small on my size 5 ish finger. What surprises me is that it looks bigger in pictures.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you finish upgrading? if not, what is your next target...
of the 4 Cs? what shape?. I wanna do one upgrade with my MRB and I'm done.

I am OEC satiated. No more OEC ER hunting for me. I cannot believe I am saying this but I am happy and content with my OEC. I do need a forever setting but I am in no rush. When the right setting presents itself I (hope I) will know. I am still over the moon happy with my OEC :kiss2: and do not anticipate that changing. She is perfect for me. Sharing a shameless bling photo if you don't mind...from yesterday afternoon on the beach.

bubbalahonbeachchristmas2018.jpg.png

So to answer your question @Dancing Fire my next target is a setting but no more upgrading the stone. :appl:

JMK

Rough_Rock
There are two things I want, which are not upgrades in the traditional sense:

1) Eternity band with French cut baguettes, channel set, to replace my Carré cut band (too big and wide at 2.7 carats) and my single cut band (perfect size at 1 carat, but I prefer no gaps between stones). I wear my plain metal wedding band and eternity ring 95% of the time.

2) Stainless steel or titanium earring setting for my CBIs.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im pretty sure I’m done. I would like to reset but I’m not really sure exactly what I want so that will wait.

I love everything about my diamond. The cut, specs, size, color and clarity. I don’t want to change a thing about it. :kiss2:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
to replace my Carré cut band (too big and wide at 2.7 carats)
Oooh, pics!! :)

Personally speaking, I want to upgrade from zero diamonds :( :lol: to a 7mm colourless VS1+ Yoram-cut asscher and a similar Octavia, either Mined or MMD, each in as minimalist Tension settings as is safe, so I can choose depending on my mood ;-) :D

Anyone got about 80-grand they can lend me permanently? lol

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And what do you want to upgrade to? Larger diamond, better color, better clarity?
If a H VS1 CBI pops up in the 2.75-2.90ct range with the specs same as my current 2.35ct, and IF I had the money then I'll do an upgrade, but like Wink said a CBI in that range would be a unicorn. I would like to gain .40mm -.50mm in diameter on an upgrade.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Size wise this is as big as I would go. Maybe it’s the setting. I would consider another shape but I am always so torn about it. So if I did upgrade I wouldn’t know what I would go to. I tried considering a step cut but I am not sure if I would like it for long. I thought I might like a super ideal MRB but recent threads reminded me of why I transitioned from MRBs in the first place. I kept trying to find a stone that never went dark in any environment. OECs to me don’t have that darkness in the center. Not that it doesn’t go dark but with the bigger facets the darkness just looks different. I don’t know how to explain it.

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
I will always love my original engagement ring and will never exchange it for another. It is a 2.41 J VVS1 CBI and it’s a perfect size on my finger.

However, I can see in the future my hubby-to-be and I making another new diamond ring purchase, 100% would do CBI again. Maybe a 3.5ct H/VS1-2?

For now I am more than happy with my ring. I look at it every day and shove it front of my FI’s face too so he can appreciate the bold flashes!! ;)2

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I'm currently making @LaylaR at HPD crazy with my indecision related to my latest upgrade. I'm working my way up to a 2-ish carat G VS1-VS2 in a Sholdt setting (HPD carries Sholdt now!). One more "intermediate" upgrade before I get there.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m pretty sure I’m done upgrading my asscher (the main engagement ring).

I do think I would like a sizeable CBI though as a second ring and alternate the two.

Why stop at one? Lol

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm currently making @LaylaR at HPD crazy with my indecision related to my latest upgrade. I'm working my way up to a 2-ish carat G VS1-VS2 in a Sholdt setting (HPD carries Sholdt now!). One more "intermediate" upgrade before I get there.

Oooh!! I’ve always loved Sholdt! What setting will it be?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to know about HPD and Sholdt.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Probably I will sound crazy to diamond diehards, but I had a decent 1.5ct rb diamond. Then discovered a love for the oec, but in <the stone I cannot mention>. With my newest ring I thought I was done. But it's my husband that's the diamond lover! I recently bought a 4mm oec diamond for a pendant, and he gushed about it. Kept saying there was just something about the way a real diamond sparkles. (He is not a fan of my current ER stone choice.) So I imagine he will be encouraging me. So, my upgrade will probably be to get a "real" oec .

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I am done with any further upgrade or reset to my Yellow EC I’ve had my Yellow EC for over 3 years and that seems to be a record for me other than the ring I got engaged with. It’s my sweet spot in terms of size, color, shape and ring design.

I am still in the market for another FCD.... I already have a design in mind and drew it out so.... it’s just finding the “right one” for me FCD:Up_to_something: so stay tuned... although it may be 6-12 months for it all to happen.

cottoncandy

Rough_Rock
I still haven’t received my first ER but already know that I’d eventually like to upgrade to a big bubbly AVR :kiss2::kiss2: I will probably have to wait years and years for that to happen.

In terms of specs, 9.5mm, F color, medium to large culet. And I’m very particular about the AVR style — I prefer minimal head/body shadow that comes with petals that are circular.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Oooh!! I’ve always loved Sholdt! What setting will it be?

@KristinTech - Me too! I'm so happy HPD is now carrying the brand.
This is the setting:
http://sholdtdesign.com/portfolio/r379-1/
In person it is a very streamlined and delicate setting -- not chunky at all.
I'd love it in platinum, but because this is likely not my last upgrade, that would be throwing money down the drain. The other option is white or yellow gold with a brushed finish (Sholdt's "German" finish). @LaylaR and the Sholdt reps have been great about answering my questions. Now that the holidays are winding down, I jut gotta make a decision and put the order in.

Last edited:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Lula That is my favorite setting that they offer! I just love it. I saw the announcement a couple of months ago that they were a Sholdt retailer, but I haven’t seen a finished product yet. So excited to see yours!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a "big" birthday and anniversary coming up in 2020. Hubby has already been put on notice, lol. It will be a 3 carat OEC or emerald cut. I haven't decided yet but as of today am leaning towards the emerald cut. I will keep my yellow and that will be it in regards to upgrading.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results