shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you a bored housewife?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m an overwhelmed housewife.... I come here to escape from the reality that the next 5 weeks of my life are going to be hell!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/11/2009 4:57:24 PM
Author: AprilBaby
I knew from previous threads that most of us were very educated, so I am not surprised by responses yet. How about DF? Is he a bored house husband? Who else would have time for all those questions?
not bore but POOR uneducated house husband!!
39.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Even if I do become a housewife one day, I don''t think I will ever be bored.... Time is never enough for the list of things I want to do!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I work nearly full time (35 hours a week) as a busy bankruptcy paralegal, am married, have a 16 month old son and a dog to take care of. Bored? Hardly. PS is a hobby of mine and a way to relax - although I''m guilty of posting while at work
12.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never thought of myself as a houewife, I hate that term. Yes am married, but not to the house!!! I am too busy to be bored. I worked for years, while raising 2 kids, and being a caretaker. No time to sit and eat bon bons, but I do make time to watch Oprah!!! LOL!!!
9.gif

PS is my water cooler as well.
21.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I FEEL like a bored housewife....

...and then I realize I have almost no domestic skills of which to speak, and I have about a 10 foot high stack of notes to read through before my next medical school exam.

I use PS to relax and procrastinate. Oh, and learn of course!

I did honestly consider being a stay at home mom at one point. But then realized that if I only want 1 or 2 kids, and if the kids turn out anything like me and my husband, they'll be independent and smart alecky by the time they are 5 and won't need us for much. And then I'd just be bored and probably annoying the heck out of my kids because I'd have nothing else to focus my project-building energy on, haha.

ndpwood

Rough_Rock
I love Lorelei''s answer. Yup . . . count me among the bored. Not bored because there is nothing to do. Bored because I need some mental stimulation!!! Glad I found you all!! It''s fun to have something to obsess over!! My husband may not be so glad however:) He he!!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh... I wish I was. But no, I''m the exhausted general manager of an investment company. I post at work too, when I have a few free moments.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dammt--STILL can''t claim housewife status...still can''t claim boredom...STILL can''t claim anything but happiness! Wth is the point of this question???

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Not a wife and I work full time...I will say PS saved me when we first moved here and we had no friends, didn''t speak the language and I didn''t have a job....wait we still have no friends and don''t speak German....but not bored.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Uhh, kind of. I joined PS when I was working 40-50 hours per week and travelling a lot, so I certainly wasn't a bored housewife at the time! Now that I'm not working there anymore, I guess you could classify me as a bored housewife
2.gif
(though honestly I'm not that bored!)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor and am able to practice independently in my state. I am also permitted to accept third party payments. Unfortunately, I am on extended medical leave from my position and am bored out of my mind
8.gif
I''m still undergoing evaluation and treatment and find PS a wonderful place to spend some...err...massive amounts...of time. Before my medical leave, I also spent a lot of time on PS. It''s my favorite online forum
1.gif

Guess you could call me that... more of a "bored housefiance" ;-) But trust me, there isn''t a lack of things to do around here. I welcome PS as a nice distraction.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
not a housewife but I rarely post at home.

I''m what you call a bored assistant
20.gif

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Boredom is not allowed in our household!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2009 2:15:08 AM
Author: monarch64
Dammt--STILL can''t claim housewife status...still can''t claim boredom...STILL can''t claim anything but happiness! Wth is the point of this question???

The point WAS that another poster on RT went to a BM and was told the information online was false because only "bored housewives" post on such forums. Shopping at a BM was much more reliable. So how many of the posters on PS are bored housewives?
3.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 11:45:35 AM
Author: Bia
not a housewife but I rarely post at home.

I''m what you call a bored assistant
20.gif

Oh yeah, I was looking for someone in the same boat as me. Bored... yes, but at my office, not at home. I have plenty to do when I get home actually haha.

I''m still in the process of going from an hourly employee to full time staff so while I work 40 hours a week there''s about 4 big responsibilities that come with my job but that they can''t actually let me do until I''m officially a staff member... so I''m currently very bored. My job tends to be like an amusement park, I spend a few hours standing in line (i.e. sitting on pricescope cause I have nothing to do) and then all of a sudden I''m strapped in going 80 mph (i.e. one of our machines breaks and I''m running around like a crazy person trying to fix it). So I use pricescope to fill those gaps.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am totally a bored housewife!
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:28:17 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
3.gif
THANK GOD. It was getting LONELY hanging out to dry by myself on here!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:38:10 PM
Author: decodelighted

3.gif

2.gif
BTW there is a purple house by me that I never noticed before and one of these days I am going to take a photo of it and post it for you.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bored Psych undergrad senior. I can''t wait to not be bored anymore!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
No way! I am a full time teacher, I exercise almost every day, I clean the house, go grocery shopping, spend time with my family and friends and I am about to start on my Masters degree..... So, no, I am not a bored housewife!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
nope! Firstly not a wife; a full time student here who also works 25-30 hours week at my University in a very interesting field.
Busy, yes. Stressed, sometimes. But bored? Well, not with PS around, lol!

Lew Lew

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I prefer the term "domestic engineer".
28.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ummm yep really bored
2.gif
Two kids, work over 40 hours a week, teach sunday school and sometimes I feel like a single parent while DH is in school and I do most posting at work, rarely at home

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:38:10 PM
Author: decodelighted

3.gif
We're in this together, Deco and Tacori
3.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
definitely not bored or a housewife. Full time student with lots of things to do! study study study! PS is my ''break'' so my brain doesn''t explode. I went to bed last night and could not stop thinking about physics
14.gif
this is when I know I''ve spent too much time doing hw non-stop
37.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh I am extra bored at work today and keep thinking of this thread. I''m sure all the housewives on this forum are probably way busier than I am...

Any suggestions besides pricescope to amuse myself?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2009 12:04:42 PM
Author: kas baby
definitely not bored or a housewife. Full time student with lots of things to do! study study study! PS is my ''break'' so my brain doesn''t explode. I went to bed last night and could not stop thinking about physics
14.gif
this is when I know I''ve spent too much time doing hw non-stop
37.gif

I once realized I was studying too much orgo, when I was in the shower trying to figure out the molecular structure of my shampoo ingredients...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results