shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these prices high or ok

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock

I am looking at two RB stones.

One is 2.36 J/SI3 Ideal cut/no florescence EGL/US cert $10000.00
One is 2.58 J/SI2 good/good/good EGL/US cert $15999.00
Both are almost eye clean. Prong will cover either minor visible flaw

advice

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
use the pricescope search and compare similar specs

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 10:49:38 AM
Author:woobug02

I am looking at two RB stones.

One is 2.36 J/SI3 Ideal cut/no florescence EGL/US cert $10000.00
One is 2.58 J/SI2 good/good/good EGL/US cert $15999.00

Both are almost eye clean. Prong will cover either minor visible flaw

advice
run a search on PS to find out if pricing is fair.

is there any way to get a diamond with something other than EGL ? or at least have them run a sarin on these two ?

if someone posted those specs on here i would not be interested in either of them probably. i don''t like EGL''s habit of grading SI3s when it should probably be an I1 from a more reputable lab on the first one (and it''s so much cheaper?) and the 2nd is only good/good and to me that''s not worth $16k.

i''d keep looking, sorry to say!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara, I can¡¦t find anyone local who carries GIA cert. only EGL ƒ¼. Do I just ask the jeweler if they can run the sarin???? I want to do layaway so online is often hard no one has it ƒ¼

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''d ask if they can run the sarin but are these the only two options he has? can he call in more?

what about an ideal cut J SI2? the only thing i''m leery about here is that EGL can be more lenient on grading and so an EGL J SI2 could be more like a K I1 or worse (or maybe better but i doubt that) and so you would just wnat to ensure you are getting what you are buying here. $10-16k is not petty cash. i would do an independent appraisal before you commit to the stone, would your jeweler be offended if you told him you wanted someone else to confirm the stone?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Mara, thank you for your info. I don''t think he would be offended. When I ask about GIA they are like well you''re paying for the name???? I am thinking YES I KNOW. I call and see if they can send it out for the test and appraisel. They called me this morning to see if I wanted to place one in layaway but I felt really nervous out the rating. i think the 2.36 is better than the 2.58 but that is only my visual opinion. I can''t wait to see your STONE :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i wouldn't be surprised if the 2.36 is better looking if it's really the difference between an ideal cut (if it truly is one!) and something like an okay cut. the better cut would sparkle more and hide more inclusions visually possibly.

one Q ... why are you okay with 'almost eye-clean'....why don't you try to find something that IS eye-clean? esp in that size.

i can't wait to see my stone too!
9.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
The larger one has a small feather I could just barely see. The smaller one has it''s inclusion on the side not top so with a prong I think it would be unseen. :) I do want a good looking stone because this will be it for years to come. I don''t want to spend over $16000 but want a big beautiful sparkler... :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results