color
clarity

Are these good round diamonds?

goldamie12

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! The .91 diamond happens to have a brown undertone which is seen as a negative compared to diamonds with a slight yellow tint. If you look at few of the videos of their I color diamonds, you can see what I mean. I also am not fond of feathers (cracks) as the primary inclusion in an SI clarity stone. The only way I'd consider it is if you are planning to do a rose gold setting (if that is the recipent's preference), because the diamonds with slight brown tint can look good with rose gold.

The other diamond is too deep and doesn't appear to be as well cut.

These are measurements to help you stay in ideal cut territory with a GIA excellent cut stone.

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0 (up to 35.5 crown angle can sometimes work with a 40.6 pav angle)

pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9 (sometimes 41.0 if the crown angle is close to 34)

goldamie12

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your reply. I asked the same thing about the brown hue to the sales reps at JA and their answer is that it has something to do with the lighting in the room otherwise GIA would not grade this diamond at an I color grade. I am not sure how true that is. I am not looking at rose gold settings for this diamond so may be its not a very good idea to go ahead with this one I guess .

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
goldamie12|1473915198|4076793 said:
Thank you for your reply. I asked the same thing about the brown hue to the sales reps at JA and their answer is that it has something to do with the lighting in the room otherwise GIA would not grade this diamond at an I color grade. I am not sure how true that is. I am not looking at rose gold settings for this diamond so may be its not a very good idea to go ahead with this one I guess .

That's not true. Hue has nothing to do with color grade. An I color stone an have a yellow, or brown or even a green HUE.

However, if it did have a BROWN hue, it would be noted on the lab report especially in an I or lower color. So if the lab report doesn't say brown, it's probably the lighting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results