• A. Yes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • B. No

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After many resets, I know that I'm a halo girl. After many attempts to get it right, I think I've come pretty close. The melee is the perfect size and color, which was always the challenge before. When I see it from afar, I love how it appears elongated yet soft. But when I look at it up close, the corners seem really sharp. Is this an optical illusion or are the corners too sharp?
image_718.jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image_1001.jpg
Here's a real life perspective. I think it looks softer here, which I love.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm afraid I can't see the corners very clearly in the pics so can't say- it is a beautiful ring from what I can see, anyway!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snowdrop13|1470179414|4061844 said:
I'm afraid I can't see the corners very clearly in the pics so can't say- it is a beautiful ring from what I can see, anyway!
image_1002.jpg
Thank you. Here's a close-up.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don't think the corners are sharp at all.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Hi nala,
Is the center stone round in a cushion halo? In the last pic I see clearly, and no the corners do not look sharp.
I think it looks beautiful on your finger :D

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madison2|1470181424|4061859 said:
Hi nala,
Is the center stone round in a cushion halo? In the last pic I see clearly, and no the corners do not look sharp.
I think it looks beautiful on your finger :D

Thank you! Yes, it is a round diamond.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1470193278|4061935 said:
It's more of a square halo than cushion shaped, so naturally it has corners. But since the diamonds are round, it's not really a sharp corner. Here's a round in a cushion halo. Both are pretty, just depends on what you like better!

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/the-emilya-with-petal-profile
Thanks DS. I realize mine is not a cushion. One of my hesitations with a cushion is that I want my stone to appear elongated, and I fear the cushion style makes it shorter. I hope that makes sense. But at the same time, I don't want sharp corners that make it look like a princess halo, bc of the contrast between the round and square shapes.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If all 4 sides are equal length (which they should be on a round stone setting), I don't think a square halo or a cushion shaped halo is going to look elongated at all. The only difference is whether you want more angular corners or more curved corners.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1470196005|4061952 said:
If all 4 sides are equal length (which they should be on a round stone setting), I don't think a square halo or a cushion shaped halo is going to look elongated at all. The only difference is whether you want more angular corners or more curved corners.

That does make sense. I guess that's what I mean about optical illusions!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like it, it's fine.
If you don't, it's not.

It's your money and your finger.

If you're going to get what I like get an Octavia Asscher set in a tension setting.
... See, what I like doesn't matter much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results