shape
carat
color
clarity

Are eternity bands uncomfortable?

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Thinking of replacing my wedding ring (because it doesn't fit anymore and can't be sized) with an eternity band. I like .15 pointer diamonds and was thinking around 3.5 tcw. Does anyone have an feedback on the comfort? It would be a shared prong setting.

Q

Queenie60

I tried a full eternity at IDJ last week and it felt a bit uncomfortable. Personally, I would go with a 3/4 eternity band. Can't see the diamonds on the bottom anyway. just my opinion

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I find when diamonds are set low enough, eternity bands are fine. It's the ones that are set high, that I can't wear.
But you need to try them on with different profiles to see what you're comfortable with.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 3. Two are .55 cts and one is 4.2cts. They're very comfortable. I really don't like partial eternity bands. My rings roll around, plus it seems unbalanced to me.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is only 1.55 carat, so I don't find it uncomfortable. I do however want to take it off ASAP at the end of the day because it feels a bit fussy. I dislike how it gets dirty and gross so easily

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've tried a few, i think it depends on how it's set too. I've tried a few while thinking about a wedding band and I find channel set to be very comfortable, and easy to wear. If it had prongs I tended to go for thinner rather than thicker ones.

I am with @HappyNewLife about cleaning. I tend to wear my rings everywhere...to bed, at work, camping, gardening (with gloves of course) etc...and I would worry about keeping it clean.

If your finger size fluxes easily and dramatically with temperature change like I do (i have to put the ball bearings on most rings since i can be go from a 4 to a 5 just by my hand being under the blankets vs over them when i sleep) then it might be advisable to go with something easily sized.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think finger shape matters too. When I rest my fingers closed, the bottoms of each finger touch. When my mom does the same, you can see are between her fingers. I tend to dislike prongs between my fingers, she has several full eternities and has no issues.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is a stack of three with no problem.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think finger shape matters too. When I rest my fingers closed, the bottoms of each finger touch. When my mom does the same, you can see are between her fingers. I tend to dislike prongs between my fingers, she has several full eternities and has no issues.

I think this is a good point that I never considered. I have non touching fingers and wear eternities all the time.

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
I think this is a good point that I never considered. I have non touching fingers and wear eternities all the time.
I am going back and forth on a band and I just read this and yes!!! Very helpful I never thought of that actually LOL!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve damaged a full eternity in the past (on the underside) so I wouldn’t get another. If the band is the right size, I haven’t had a problem with it twisting around.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results