shape
carat
color
clarity

Aquamarines

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After my atrocious drama llama behaviour I gave Lil Sis the aquamarine for her birthday!

SHE LOVED IT!!!

Skipped around the house and made all sorts of declarations about how I am the best sister lol.

We will have an adventure setting it in the new year since it is quite large and oval. She's soooooo excited about it, I am so happy!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
After my atrocious drama llama behaviour I gave Lil Sis the aquamarine for her birthday!

SHE LOVED IT!!!

Skipped around the house and made all sorts of declarations about how I am the best sister lol.

We will have an adventure setting it in the new year since it is quite large and oval. She's soooooo excited about it, I am so happy!

You are so good. I know I would have kept it! I can’t wait to see how she sets it!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My aqua from Litnon.
47915.jpg 41445.jpg 41446.jpg
Origin: Nigeria
Weight: 3.63 carats!
Size: 13 x 9.5 x 6 mm deep
Clarity Natural inclusions visible
Cut: Checkerboard pear shape
Color: Fine medium plus Aqua blue.
Treatment: None, guaranteed 100% natural
Note: Natural and untreated Aquamarine with rare strong blue color! Natural inclusions as shown and priced accordingly. Better in person than shown, this is a bright and pretty gem with great color!

Photos do not do this stone justice. I LOVE the natural inclusions!!! Just coo coo for em'!!!:lickout:

My photos
20190302_032648-1.jpg 20190302_032809-1.jpg

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
My aqua from Litnon.
Note: Natural and untreated Aquamarine with rare strong blue color! Natural inclusions as shown and priced accordingly. Better in person than shown, this is a bright and pretty gem with great color!

Photos do not do this stone justice. I LOVE the natural inclusions!!! Just coo coo for em'!!!:lickout:

My photos

Gorgeous, are you making a two stone pendant?

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
My aqua from Litnon.

My photos
This came from Gary Braun a couple of years ago. 5.1 ct., double blue. I really love it. aqua.jpg
This came from Gary Braun a couple of years ago. 5.1 ct., double blue. I really love it. aqua.jpg

GACK! What is a double blue? WOW. This has to be my all time favorite Aquamarine ring. Its remarkable. I love the proportions...the side stones pair beautifully with your double blue main attraction. Gosh she is a lovely bauble.

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Dori2002, your Aqua is absolutely fantastic and I love the setting.

Here’s my Aqua, a natural untreated soft green-blue colour from the totally reputable HG Bespoke in London. It’s my favourite colour, although I love almost all Aquas. She’s still waiting to be set...I’ll get there one day! I have a very good idea of what she’ll look like as I have two 0.35ct each Trilliant Diamonds waiting as side stones. E7CA8DF5-C9E1-4976-932E-649731CD7323.jpeg

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty stone. She has a sweet, soft glow. Bet she is going to look amazing with trilliant diamonds as her neighbors.

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you GardenLady21, I can’t remember her ct weight exactly but @4.34 maybe, unless I’m getting mixed up with some other number! Shes 11mm x9.5mm though, so a good size

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
This is my little (2.29 cts) loose aquamarine, as you can see it's pretty light, but I quite like it and I got it from thaigemstore on eBay so I didn't pay much for it, any comment is much appreciated :) 20190305_234828.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@IcePhoenix The first time I went to a serious jeweler for anything, the man walked me though a mound of stones each kept in two-layered wraps of white & blue paper - with no prices in sight. I left some work & came back twice for shorter sessions of the same, ending up with a very light blue natural topaz; the fact that the blue was so subtle - more implied than seen in anything but ideal light (indirect daylight), kept me wishing to look at it often. There were plenty such stones taken out of old settings! I wish I knew to be an interested buyer in that market, but the innocent lesson in taste is still right. (I had two other such lessons, just as good, since - about pearls & about diamonds)

TMI

Last edited:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, are you making a two stone pendant?
@scouty I was thinking about it. But now I'm not sure...may do a double halo rhr or something:)) what it becomes it will be blingy!!!

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
The first time I went to a serious jeweler for anything, the man walked me though a mound of stones each kept in two-layered wraps of white & blue paper - with no prices in sight. I left some work & came back twice for shorter sessions of the same, ending up with a very light blue natural topaz; the fact that the blue was so subtle - more implied than seen in anything but ideal light (indirect daylight), kept me wishing to look at it often
That must have been really interesting, sadly you can't do that on the internet, but this should be a real aquamarine although very pale, seller offers GLC, AIGS and GIA certificates if you want, but again I paid a few euros so I didn't purchase it. Planning on buying a GLC one for a purple/purple pink sapphire.
Ps. No such thing as tmi especially for a newbie like me ;)2

Reactions: AV_

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
Little VS 1.62 carats aquamarine, paid a few dollars 20190429_160539.jpg
Any thoughts?

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
I can’t believe I haven’t seen this thread yet, I just love aquas! I bought this 10ct, unheated aqua a few months ago. Someone posted it on the Somebody’s Got To Buy This Stone thread and I had to have it. It’s very pretty and lighter than a lot of aquas I’ve seen. Right now it’s sent off to David Klass to be set so I’ll post another pic after it’s done.
A697E312-9AC7-4CA5-B78B-66006D2C9631.jpeg

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
I bought the ring aqua & earring aquas separately & sight unseen. Very pleased that the color matched so well:appl: IMG-20190521-WA0000.jpg
I’d be pleased too. This set is magnificent!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the ring aqua & earring aquas separately & sight unseen. Very pleased that the color matched so well IMG-20190521-WA0000.jpg
Wow, gorgeous aquas!! The settings are spectacular.

DLee

Rough_Rock
Thx Gardenlady21 & T L. I believe I have been exceptionally fortunate to have got these aquas when they were actually my first & second online gem purchases. But I've read quite a lot of T L's aqua posts before I took the plunge. Have to educate myself when most people from my region don't even know what aquas are. Thx, T L!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thx Gardenlady21 & T L. I believe I have been exceptionally fortunate to have got these aquas when they were actually my first & second online gem purchases. But I've read quite a lot of T L's aqua posts before I took the plunge. Have to educate myself when most people from my region don't even know what aquas are. Thx, T L!
Oh wow, the best compliment one can get here is knowing they helped give solid advice that led to a fabulous purchase! Thank you!!!

These need their own thread by the way. More pics!!

DLee

Rough_Rock
I hope OP wouldn't get mad at me for hijacking her post. But I believe the aqua lovers/experts here can advise me on a perplexing problem:cry2:.

Actually the workshop chipped my ring aqua during setting. The small chip is quite close to the keel-line & is normally unnoticeable. But under bright lights, it becomes a spark which is reflected repeatedly by the pavilion facets which act like mirrors. As a result, a bunch of sparks can be observed in certain lightings(see photo).

The workshop agreed to recut/repolish the aqua(will most likely be done in China:-o). I am hesitant since there are risks during the mounting, recutting/polishing & remounting process, particularly when the craftsmen are not too familiar with working with aquas . At the moment, the chip doesn't bother me much unless I stare at it intensely for 10sec + at certain lightings/angles.

But I am worried that should I decide to sell the ring yrs down the road, the chip would much affect the price. If I recut the stone now, the offending workshop would bear all the risks/costs. I will be bearing all the costs/risks once the recut window closes. Do the aqua experts/lovers here know how much the price would be affected by a small chip near the keel-line? Advice?TIA. IMG-20190523-WA0000.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I’m so sorry that happened to your stone!! Aquas are “chippy” stones, so it’s likely to get chips on the crown over time. If it doesn’t bother you, I would leave it alone. If you can’t live with it, then I would ask Jerry Newman or Dan Stair for a quote to remove it. They’re lapidaries in the United States. I’m not sure where you’re located though.

DLee

Rough_Rock
Oh I’m so sorry that happened to your stone!! Aquas are “chippy” stones, so it’s likely to get chips on the crown over time. If it doesn’t bother you, I would leave it alone. If you can’t live with it, then I would ask Jerry Newman or Dan Stair for a quote to remove it. They’re lapidaries in the United States. I’m not sure where you’re located though.

Thx for your quick response, TL! My initial anger with the workshop has subsided. I am just concerned with the value impact of the chip on my aqua. I am not in the US but I could always ship the ring to a reliable cutter there. I will definitely explore this option. Thx a lot.

Reactions: T L
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results