shape
carat
color
clarity

Aquamarines

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My step cut aquamarine from kingstone gems. It's going to be made into a ring with trilliant cut diamonds either side - hopefully in the next month or two! IMG_8108.JPG IMG_8214.JPG
Oh that's going to look beautiful! Love the color of your aqua.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Natural unheated deep gray blue aquas peppered all over with geothite inclusions. You won't or could hardly see the geothites face up because of the cutting angle but you see them when you turn the stones sideways. 6-8 carats each. Photos in natural daylight.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Natural unheated deep gray blue aquas peppered all over with geothite inclusions. You won't or could hardly see the geothites face up because of the cutting angle but you see them when you turn the stones sideways. 6-8 carats each. Photos in natural daylight.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Wow, those are very interesting! I love the peppered look, almost like freckles. Makes them very unique.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beauty! So elegant. How often do you wear it and to which occasions do you wear it?

Thank you! I wear it occasionally - mostly when I don't wear anything else on my neck, lol.
No special occasions, just the mood. :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I wear it occasionally - mostly when I don't wear anything else on my neck, lol.
No special occasions, just the mood. :)
I can relate to wearing by mood. It's truly lovely. I like that it's a timeless piece for a woman.

amyek

Rough_Rock
My aquamarine. I love it because of the color and it is my youngest daughter's birthstone. It will be a ring someday with smaller rounds in the same color.

47505.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

I shall take photos of two aquas - not having a normal cellphone is handicapping but I have to wait till August... However, they are old - bought in the 90es so assuming less treatment. Wonder if anyone can have rough matching the smaller, plumper, pear

20170712_105230.jpg

20170712_105148.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love these aquas!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What beautiful stones and settings. Holy cow, Acinom, you did it again. I just want to sit by your side and hear how you find and create such amazing pieces.
LLJsmom, that soleste is perfection.

Everyone posted has found lovely stones and I love them all.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Got an aqua and not sure whether to recut it or leave it alone. It's got this funky cut where the top is faceted. It's sort of windowed but not really because the top is faceted which reflects masking the window. It's a light greenish blue, unheated, 29.32 carats, Brazilian old yield of more than 20 years ago. All photos in natural light, the one on the leaf is direct sunlight, so you see the 'window'.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a light greenish blue, unheated, 29.32 carats, Brazilian old yield of more than 20 years ago.

That is my Ideal.

... the cut reminds water as much as the colour !

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Got an aqua and not sure whether to recut it or leave it alone. It's got this funky cut where the top is faceted. It's sort of windowed but not really because the top is faceted which reflects masking the window. It's a light greenish blue, unheated, 29.32 carats, Brazilian old yield of more than 20 years ago. All photos in natural light, the one on the leaf is direct sunlight, so you see the 'window'.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg
That's a beautiful aqua!! I actually don't think the window is bad at all considering the size of the stone.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can I play too?
Here is my aqua, in a simple solitaire setting.
It's not as grand as some of the others here, but I love it. IMG_20170713_194336131_HDR.jpg
That's a beautiful aqua!!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is my Ideal.

... the cut reminds water as much as the colour !

Many years back, when I started collecting gemstones, many aaua used to be greenish blue. They heated them less Do you remember those times? Now majority of the aquas are just this is pure blue. I also find the tinge of green appealing. :)

That's a beautiful aqua!! I actually don't think the window is bad at all considering the size of the stone.

Thanks chatoyancy! I might just leave it as it is. You are right, it doesn't look bad....just a different type than the usual cutting. :)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding 'Princess Diana' bracelet

FlyGirls' bracelet
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pearl-and-aquamarine-diana-bracelet-is-home.157752/
wrist-shot1894-jpg.274737

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seaglow, I also love the aquas with the touch of green. I agree with Valeria, the cut reminds me of water as much as the color. It’s a lovely stone!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many years back, when I started collecting gemstones, many aqaua used to be greenish blue. They heated them less Do you remember those times?

I have heard of this history, but did not live through it.

The green-blue simply hit a chord: a transparent gem in the beloved Turquoise color range - before the times of Paraiba ! Of course, there is no comparison, therefore no competition...

___
Random: after seeing your post today, another larger blue-green happened to show up - in an interesting 'mirror' setting WWW (when it rains ..!)

Last edited:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thought I’d add in my aqua beads. These look like water flowing around the neck with a definite green tint. They look almost ancient to me.
960E84F1-60F3-4F55-A638-476C4B1BC680.jpeg
Love it Bluegemz! I knew you'd have a lovely beaded aqua necklace like this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results