shape
carat
color
clarity

Aquamarine - What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
This is my first purchase of aqua (pre PS) by my husband when he found out that I didn''t have any jewelry of by birth stone. It''s from QVC, but I still love it, dainty and pretty.

SSCN1991.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Asscher cut by Gary and another aqua.

SSCN1988.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Yikes...sorry about the fuzz!! LOL!

SSCN1987.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Happy family! Photo is a bit fuzzy, but as you can see, these aquas are light blue.

SSCN1990.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for posting these Mochi. You have a lovely collection of aquas. I think it''s good to post lots of aqua pictures in order for people to understand the various color variances.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know if anyone will notice a difference on this picture vs the prior picture of this ring on the prior page, but I polished up the stone with a leather polishing cloth, same lighting conditions, and it looks better in this photo IMO. This is just to demonstrate the problem with these very light aquas, they just get hazy so easily, and it takes a lot of work IMO to keep them looking their best. It''s due to the very low RI of the stones I''m sure and the fact that if there is not much color there, it''s hard to bring out the best qualities. It''s like cut glass in a ring.

JMO, I''m sure others may disagree, and that''s fine. Maybe this is just my own personal experience with aquas.

polishedup_aqua.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 8:58:10 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I don''t know if anyone will notice a difference on this picture vs the prior picture of this ring on the prior page, but I polished up the stone with a leather polishing cloth, same lighting conditions, and it looks better in this photo IMO. This is just to demonstrate the problem with these very light aquas, they just get hazy so easily, and it takes a lot of work IMO to keep them looking their best. It''s due to the very low RI of the stones I''m sure and the fact that if there is not much color there, it''s hard to bring out the best qualities. It''s like cut glass in a ring.

JMO, I''m sure others may disagree, and that''s fine. Maybe this is just my own personal experience with aquas.
I can definitely tell the difference! Thanks for this experiment.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cinnamon,
Did you end up getting the aqua from Dan?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
No, I didn't. He is offering it out to others who have inquired. I do like the aqua rectangular cushion one that Gary has, but feel it is probably about the same in color. His has a nice radiant cut, so it would be lively. I'm currently window shopping all sites for an anniversary stone (does not have to be aqua at this point since good color saturation on those babies puts it out of my price range) no more than $150 in price. I like the trillion shaped citrine on Gary's site - would make a nice pendant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results