shape
carat
color
clarity

Aqua e ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodame

Rough_Rock
When I picked up my sapphire ring, I also picked up a nice (roughly) 3ct aqua that I plan to use as the middle stone of a new 3 stone e ring.

I have a couple of diamonds that I can use till I have the extra cash to buy good cut and colour .25ct asshers. They are a little on the yellow side, but they will do as placeholders.

So I can wear it with my original wedding band, I am going to have it set in yellow gold, with a white gold trellis setting (I think)

What do you think?

decodamesaqua.jpg

decodame

Rough_Rock
That was a bit small. Trying again.

decosaqua3.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Well, if you're not in a hurry, and have other jewellery projects to work on, I'd say wait untill you get asschers and then make a ring. These diamonds (although lovely) will overpower your asscher aqua with their brilliance and scintillation, and really wouldn't make a balanced arrangement in that sense. They work with this stone in terms of shape, size and proportion, but I wouldn't risk it because of their cut.

Hope this helps.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it also depends on how deep colored your aqua is. How deep in color is it? I think if it''s a deep blue aqua, the diamonds would look nice.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone! I would vote for asscher sidestones too but I do think the princess cut look quite lovely!!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That aqua is a very pretty blue. Lovely!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would opt for step cut diamonds so they will not overpower the aqua.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely lovely aqua! I would wait for asscher cut side stones also. I empathize with the frustration of waiting, though. I think that''s the most difficult thing with this gemstone hobby, having to wait to have things set, or picking up dreamy stones. Sigh.

1.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice Aqua! Do you have more photos of it to share? Hint hint, please.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty aqua.

decodame

Rough_Rock
Okay. I got some better shots in diffused light and sunlight this morning. I am a little impatient, I have to admit. I just want this ring finished as soon as possible. My husband lost my original engagement ring about 5 years ago (long story... But here is the short version. I asked him to hold onto it while I did a fun run, I got to the finish line, and he had lost it) , and I brought a chain store .50ct as a replacement. But it''s just not the same as the e ring that my other half put thought and effort into buying for me. So when he said he wanted to work with our jeweller to have a new e ring made, I almost jumped for joy. So there is a huge element of emotion in this project.

I do have a little colour change sapphire that I am going to have set in a LOGR setting when I decide which one I am really in love with. So I am going to get that happening and see if I can afford what I want after that.

Looking at the photos I took this morning, my aqua looks more like a modified princess than an asscher. I brought it as a princess, but the corners have always thrown me. It looks like the love child of an asscher and a princess.

Anyway the photos.

Morning sunlight

decodamesunlightaqua.JPG

decodame

Rough_Rock
And in my bright entry.

The colour is somewhere in between the two photos to my eye. Closer to the fist photo than the second. I just can't seem to catch it.

decodamedifflight.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be pretty with diamonds on the side, but I would prefer they were smaller. I have a deco-inspired aqua ring with a step cut aqua and small round brilliant cut diamonds running up the side. It appears to be the same color as your stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aquamarines aren''t as sparkly as most gemstones and yours look to have some step cuts, so I''d still stick with less brilliant diamond side stones.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the additional photos. It looks just lovely. If your color is between the two photos then that''s great too.

decodame

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/26/2009 12:05:54 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I think it would be pretty with diamonds on the side, but I would prefer they were smaller. I have a deco-inspired aqua ring with a step cut aqua and small round brilliant cut diamonds running up the side. It appears to be the same color as your stone.

Do you have a photo of your ring? I'd love to see it.

Thanks for all the imput. I am going to see if I get this promotion at work, and if I get that, I will buy the diamonds I want. Otherwise, I will start saving my pennies.

Now. What to do with those diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results