shape
carat
color
clarity

Aqua assistance?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mara,
Check our Richard Wise''s site. www.rwwise.com He has a 2 carat aqua, cushion cut, in what looks like a really nice blue, without much gray to it.

I also love aqua and have been on a hunt for a stone of top color for awhile. I also love pale aqua, which is good, since they are so much cheaper! A couple of months ago, I bought an unheated stone in the 3 - 4 carat range, emerald cut, Brazilian in origin, in the $150/carat range to tide me over until I can find/locate the top color stone I lust for. A local gemologist/jeweler sourced it for me, which is another option for you if you can''t find anything on-line.

I''ll follow your search closely!! Good luck!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I wish he photographed the stones on a white back ground...the back gorund can really change how the color looks. JMO.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/4/2005 7:47:29 AM
Author: valeria101

Date: 7/4/2005 1:17:31 AM
Author: Mara
And here is the fabulous picture!
MJO ! That one surely looks like a find matching Mara''s Tiffany benchmark.

Mara, it may be easier to find such color in a large piece, because the volume helps. But small ones should be out there too. Have you passed by Fay lately ? This one carries a rather nice stone - perhaps not as deep colored as MJO''s but of interesting shape (asscher) and about the size you want. No comment on the very retro white gold bulk around it though... please ignore the ring around the aqua
8.gif

How about a blue version of the ring in your current avatar ?
31.gif

Also, perhaps take a look HERE

1aqua296.jpg
1aqua175.jpg
the pear is better color, they say. Perhaps not quite like
11 x 8 mm 7 x 7 mm MJO''s find, but ...

thumb_731.jpg
1aqua296.jpg

Gem Line (from MJO''s link) from Lapilia
18 x 12 mm 11 x 8 mm
$2600 $800

Just for refference, there is a good (IMO) presentation of aquamarine colors on Kenneth Glasser''s site HERE. The grades named there (A2, B3, etc) are not universal. There is better than the best stones pictured there (and none received the top grade anyway) and a couple of such things are presented on Richard Wise''s site and book. His are completely over the top !
9.gif
Perhaps there is more where those come from - worth asking, IMO.
Hi Ana,

The stone on Gemline is $300/ct for that color and quality. It''s also a decent size for either a ring or a pendent. The other sites I see this grade stone on are $500/ct and up.

With regards to the blue zircon. I have purchased some from Gemline and AJS in the past few months. I met Arnold from AJS at my mother in laws house on Sunday. He brought a stone I wanted to see. I ended up buying the 13.13ct Mandarin Orange Spess and a 7.73ct Blue Zircon. Both stones were unbelievable. The blue Zircons right now are some of the best I have ever seen. Richard Wise says, buy when they are around and cheap. You don''t know how long the supply will last.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/5/2005 11:38:27 AM
Author: MJO

The blue Zircons right now are some of the best I have ever seen. Richard Wise says, buy when they are around and cheap.
MJO, during such times I wish I could be born again... to put such colors together
1.gif

ZBL-00616-s.jpg
SPD-00021-s.jpg
SPI-00242-s.jpg

Oh yeah... and there is clinohumite comming back from central Asia, if anyone remembers those vivid orange pieces anymore. Hopefully this time there will be enough to get this species above curiosity status.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think the center of the second is prettier, jmo. However the settings seem a little dull to me, not the comcept but the diamonds dont look sparkly.
15.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah i thought the same thing re: settings but it's so hard to tell in photos sometimes...

melee that small as long as it was not I1 would seemingly be fine as you can't really tell cut too much in such small stones, they just sparkle, BUT you never know. those bottom stones seem blackish to me which should not be the case with a VS/SI stone.
20.gif

ahh eBay! oh and i REALLY like that color of the 2nd stone. it's kind of got a bit of gray in it?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2005 2:15:35 AM
Author: Mara

ahh eBay! oh and i REALLY like that color of the 2nd stone. it's kind of got a bit of gray in it?
Blue topaz should get close to the color you wanted (from the Tiffany picture) without much search or $$, true enough.Blue topaz is really costless - the cost of the cut is all that matters. I wish they those rings could look better in person despite the implicit seller's incentive to take flattering pictures.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I agree blue topaz can easily get you the color and shape without big $. I have this topaz called maxi blue that is pretty close to the Tiffany color, darker I think.
topaz1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results