shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraiser Cost

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

me1234

Rough_Rock
On average, how much does it cost to have a stone independently appraised? What will the appraiser tell you about the diamond?

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
This will vary by ct. wt. or time spent, and can range from a quick verification of the cert info to a VERY comprehensive full gemological evaluation of angles/proportions of ALL the facets, light return characteristics, etc., with pics...for this latter treatment RockDoc (aka Bill Lieberum) comes to mind.

Confoozed

Rough_Rock
I had my diamond appraised for $90, the prices go by how much your diamond weighs and if it is a loose stone or a set diamond.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
These are the rates for SGL, as an example:

Comprehensive Solitaire Diamond Report
0.50 – 0.99 carat : $90
1.00 – 1.99 carat : $95-115 (for example, 1.50 would be $105)
2.00 – 2.99 carat : $115-125
3.00 – 3.99 carat : $125-145
4.00 – 4.99 carat : $145-165
5.00 – 5.99 carat : $165-175
6.00 carats and up : $175+ $10 per ct over 6 ct.

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 8/13/2003 5:58
6.gif
5 PM Richard Sherwood wrote:

These are the rates for SGL, as an example:

----------------

I've been calling a few appraisers the last few days and these seem reasonable compared to what I've seen, at least in the DC area...especially since from your postings you seem to be very knowledgable.

What does that include? Or in other words, what should one expect to get from an appraiser who charges a similar price to what your lab charges?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Arlington. I'll email you with the details of what's contained on the comprehensive diamond report.

Thanks for the inquiry.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Did you try Martin Fuller in Mclean who's on the appraisers list here? I've seen good things written about him here but have no experience. Post a review!
1.gif

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 8/14/2003 7:35:43 AM elmo wrote:

Did you try Martin Fuller in Mclean who's on the appraisers list here? I've seen good things written about him here but have no experience. Post a review!
1.gif

----------------

Funny you should mention it, I have contacted Martin's lab and am waiting on a services and price list. I'll let the board know whatever I decide to do.

I will have to say that I've been corresponding with Rich at Sarasota Gem Lab outside the board regarding appraisal services and so far he's been far-and-away the most helpful appraiser I've dealt with so far. And he seems to provide a lot for the money.

But Martin hasn't had a chance to prove himself just yet either!
wacko.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results