shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone up for a hunt...

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
I really wouldn't advise a tension set in silver unless it's a gemstone you don't mind losing. Really I personally wouldn't do it unless it's a springy metal like titanium or steel (or a gemstone I don't mind using -- I've worn tension settings with small and "losable" gems) or someone who specializes in "springy" gold alloys, but I'm pretty hard on my rings. I mean, you can find tension settings in silver, but I'd still say it was unwise -- all it takes is one good hard thunk, and silver's both soft and non-springy, and there goes your gem. (Argentium and some other alloys are a little springier, but still I believe not as hard and springy as even gold, not to mention titanium.)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really wouldn't advise a tension set in silver unless it's a gemstone you don't mind losing. Really I personally wouldn't do it unless it's a springy metal like titanium or steel (or a gemstone I don't mind using -- I've worn tension settings with small and "losable" gems) or someone who specializes in "springy" gold alloys, but I'm pretty hard on my rings. I mean, you can find tension settings in silver, but I'd still say it was unwise -- all it takes is one good hard thunk, and silver's both soft and non-springy, and there goes your gem. (Argentium and some other alloys are a little springier, but still I believe not as hard and springy as even gold, not to mention titanium.)

Thanks.

Well, this project is shelved. Ed at Wildfish gems gave out five 40% off coupons, so I grabbed an emerald. Lol. So now everything gets put in a safety deposit box for at least 6 months.

IMG_4019.jpg

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

That's good to know. Thank you! Goes to show that even fact checked internet info needs to be re-checked.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results