shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone seen any nice purple sapphires out there for sale?

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
Re: Anyone seen any nice purple sapphires out there for sale

VirginiaZee said:
Here's a three stone with a round center stone and oval sides... the proportions are a bit different from the stones you have though. =)

I'm also a purple lover, so I totally get where you're coming from! The GF sapphire is lovely, and it's tough to find large, well cut, purple sapphires.

Do you like the way the stone looks with your diamond? Can you imagine them (with another diamond friend) on your finger? If so... buy it! :) And then post more photos! :D

Thanks for the pic, and I can answer both your questions with a yes! =)

PS What kind of flowers are those in your avatar? African Violets maybe? What a gorgeous shade of purple!

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock

sparkleismyfavcolor said:
Thanks for the pic, and I can answer both your questions with a yes!

Then I'd definitely encourage you to buy it. :D

PS What kind of flowers are those in your avatar? African Violets maybe? What a gorgeous shade of purple!

Thank you! It's actually a purple Iris - I just love the color.

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock

Thanks everyone for all your help! I really and truly appreciate it. Think I'm gonna keep the GF stone! :appl:

I found a setting for inspiration on the final product:

And I really like the small halo on this one I found on another thread, if it had side stones it might be perfect!

Anyone seen any other 3 stone ring settings (with or without a center halo) for inspiration or know who might have something good?

Thanks again everyone!! :D

968901_537851882929085_310404450_0.jpg

2623rdlg_0.jpg

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock

Here's an old (as in, 2005...) thread on three stone rings https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-rings.29445/. The first ring posted by Sundial (hope she doesn't mind me referencing her thread!) is very pretty and looks like it has a semi bezel around the main stone. Not quite a halo, but something to consider perhaps.

And here's an even older thread, but might have some good inspiration https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/speaking-of-side-stones-can-everyone-post.19481/

And a jewel of the week https://www.pricescope.com/blog/jewel-week-three-stone-ring

ETA: Enjoy your new sapphire while deciding how to set her! :appl:

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock

Thanks so much, those are great! I'm off to find something awesome! =)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations! The GF stone was my fave too!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock

pregcurious said:
Congratulations! The GF stone was my fave too!

Thanks so much! =)

TL said:
Not sure if this link was posted, but here's one of my favorite purple spinels in a three stone ring. It's already owned, but gives you an idea of the possibilities.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-purple-spinel-and-diamond-ring-with-a-visit-from-my-oec-e-ring.64728/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-purple-spinel-and-diamond-ring-with-a-visit-from-my-oec-e-ring.64728/[/URL]

No, haven't seen that one! Thanks so much! That one really does help me visualize what I'm thinking. I'm hoping I can fit a halo, at least a teensy one (or a halo made by a bezel and prong?) but don't know if it can be pulled off with my side stones. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to compromise somewhere since I'd like a (small) halo, the side stones, and then like this band some small diamonds down the shank. We shall see! :appl:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

Hey OP - not sure if you are still looking, or if this is to your taste, however in my own search I've come across this gorgeous finished ring featuring a very nicely sized and coloured ceylon violet/lavender sapphire, set in a handmade ring by James Meyer - who is just an all-round charming and lovely bloke!

Thought I would just share, as much as I'm tempted, I own a setting very similar from Jim already, or else I'd be all over this one - (the price for the sapphire is also really quite fair for its size).

How is your search going now? Any updated progress?

1468-1b2.jpg

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock

arjunajane said:
Hey OP - not sure if you are still looking, or if this is to your taste, however in my own search I've come across this gorgeous finished ring featuring a very nicely sized and coloured ceylon violet/lavender sapphire, set in a handmade ring by James Meyer - who is just an all-round charming and lovely bloke!

Thought I would just share, as much as I'm tempted, I own a setting very similar from Jim already, or else I'd be all over this one - (the price for the sapphire is also really quite fair for its size).

How is your search going now? Any updated progress?

That ring is beautifully done, and is to my taste! I don't know what my taste is exactly because I fall in love with anything from very traditional styling to antique to very artistic and even some modern styling. I guess it's just one of those things where you see something and it draws you in. The stone color is lovely and the price is great for a handmade ring!

Thanks so much for sharing it with me! =) I ended up falling in love with and purchasing the GF stone. Once I had it in hand it was like a little chameleon, going from a vibrant and bright purplish pink to a deeper but still bright purple and then to a mix of both pink and lavender together depending on the lighting. Most of the time it pretty much resembles this color: (and seeing as how I couldn't decide which color purple I like the most this pic is so fitting) =)

When I started this quest, I thought once I found "the one" I'd be done, but I too feel tempted to go for this one as another piece to add to my collection! Alas, I am not allowed to purchase anything else until the GF stone is paid for, which may be awhile, but after that, let the collecting begin! I'm hooked! :D

_19339.jpg

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock

Alas, I am not allowed to purchase anything else until the GF stone is paid for, which may be awhile, but after that, let the collecting begin! I'm hooked!

Muwahahahaha, yes, colored stones can be quite addicting! :Up_to_something:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Purple sapphires are my absolute favourites and actually quite difficult to find. Mine is a chameleon and has lots of pink, red and blue in it but it's always breathtaking. Well done on finding one that makes you smile. Don't let it go!

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock

VirginiaZee said:
Muwahahahaha, yes, colored stones can be quite addicting!

Awesome!! :lol:

LD said:
Purple sapphires are my absolute favourites and actually quite difficult to find. Mine is a chameleon and has lots of pink, red and blue in it but it's always breathtaking. Well done on finding one that makes you smile. Don't let it go!

Thanks so much! It has been a fun and educating search. I would love to see pics of your beauty! Any threads you can direct me to with pics?? :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results