shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone NOT like Christmas music??

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the old time religious tunes. Hate most of the ones mentioned above. I do all I can to avoid hearing Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano. It becomes an ear worm for me. Hear it once during the holidays and I'm still trying to get it out of my head 6 months later.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the old time religious tunes. Hate most of the ones mentioned above. I do all I can to avoid hearing Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano. It becomes an ear worm for me. Hear it once during the holidays and I'm still trying to get it out of my head 6 months later.

Good grief... Feliz Navidad is one of the absolute WORST of all time!!! It stays in my head too - I feel your pain.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it for a while but it gets old after a month.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it for a while but it gets old after a month.

So what do you do for the entire month of December? LOL ;-) #butseriously

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really prefer the traditional carols, traditionally sung, and they are not what one hears if one is in a retail store. They are what one hears if he goes to hear carol singing or to participate in carol singing in his town...or if one is lucky enough to have carolers in his neighborhood. Or even if he has a kid in a chorus or choir. Although I participate in the Christmas and holiday music thread every year, there are many songs that grate on me, too. :))

Once in a while I find a quirky modern song I adore. ;))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an album of Christmas songs and I play it in December.
My favourite is All I Want For Christmas Is You, and I would play it on a loop until I am fed up with it after about 10 times! :lol-2:
I am usually sick of the adverts and music by Boxing Day.

DK :))

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like all anyone who has worked retail for a good bit of time (or less if just for the holidays) may like Christmas music less then when they started. :lol:

Yup!! Before I started working I loved christmas music. I think it would be less irritating if they didn't insist on playing it so early. A lot of it is such nice music.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I want for Christmas is you is the only Christmas song I like. I love Christmas but I’m not a fan of Christmas music. I feel bad for those working retail who can’t escape it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AV_

Ideal_Rock

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that everyone knows I'm a big 'ole grouch when it comes to Christmas songs, I think I should at least list some songs that I can tolerate... and some I really like, in no particular order and not limited to these:

Where are you Christmas? (Faith Hill) **FAVORITE**
Tennessee Christmas (Alabama)
Christmas in Dixie (Alabama)
Angels Among Us (Alabama)
Last Christmas (Wham!)
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Judy Garland)
I'll be home for Christmas (Bing Crosby)
White Christmas (Bing Crosby)
All I Want for Christmas is You (Mariah Carey)
...and pretty much any old religious hymn

I saw Alabama in concert this summer and absolutely loved it! Angels Among Us has always been a favorite of mine and hearing it in person.... :love::love::love:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have to admit that when I was younger, I would play the old Tupperware Christmas tape my mom had because I LOVED this song. I've outgrown that and can manage it maybe twice in the year before I am just done.

Reactions: AV_

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some amazing Christmas songs. I think the issue I have is less that I don't like Christmas music and more that the radio/stores/etc play the same maybe 10 songs. If they played a BIG assortment of songs including the old carols, the classic pieces (Nutcracker!), new stuff, and everything in between... That could be pleasant.

Also... My neighbor puts a display out every year including music (the same 5 songs...). It plays EVERY day for weeks from 7am to 10+pm. You can hear it in my living room, office, and library. ALL day....

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The guy in the office across from me has been listing to Christmas music for the last week. Thank goodness I can't hear it in my office or my door would be shut. I only appreciate Christmas music the week of Christmas.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is annoying to hear Christmas music every time I go shopping.
I can't imagine having to listen to it 8 hours a day though like the people who work in the stores. That would drive me batty!

I do enjoy Mannheim Steamroller music and the traditional stuff.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG this thread has made me laugh. :lol: Yes as a student I worked in retail and I literally worked IN the Christmas decorations department. By the end of that stint I thought to myself "If I hear Jingle Bells one more time I'm going to lose my shit at someone...!" :confused2: I do however love singing religious carols though...

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to leave my favorite “retail tape” Christmas song here!

:dance::dance::dance: Waitresses Christmas Wrapping!

Bah Humbug, now that's too strong!
'Cause it is my favorite holiday
But all this year's been a busy blur
Don't think I have the energy
To add to my already mad rush
Just 'cause it's 'tis the season
The perfect gift for me would be
Completions and connections left from last year
Ski shop encounter most interesting
Had his number but never the time
Most of '81 passed along those lines
So deck those halls Trim those trees
Raise up cups of Christmas cheer
I just need to catch my breath
Christmas by myself this year

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to leave my favorite “retail tape” Christmas song here!

:dance::dance::dance: Waitresses Christmas Wrapping!

Bah Humbug, now that's too strong!
'Cause it is my favorite holiday
But all this year's been a busy blur
Don't think I have the energy
To add to my already mad rush
Just 'cause it's 'tis the season
The perfect gift for me would be
Completions and connections left from last year
Ski shop encounter most interesting
Had his number but never the time
Most of '81 passed along those lines
So deck those halls Trim those trees
Raise up cups of Christmas cheer
I just need to catch my breath
Christmas by myself this year

I like this song a lot...but I am one who enjoys much of the Christmas music played. Though there are some songs I loathe. A lot.

Christmas songs I hate:

The Chipmunks Christmas Song :knockout:

Dominick the Donkey :knockout:

The Christmas Shoes :knockout:

and last but not least

All I want for Christmas is (are!!!!) my two front teeth :knockout:

Not an inclusive list by any means but some of the most loathed by me Christmas songs.
:sick:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this song a lot...but I am one who enjoys much of the Christmas music played. Though there are some songs I loathe. A lot.

Christmas songs I hate:

The Chipmunks Christmas Song :knockout:

Dominick the Donkey :knockout:

The Christmas Shoes :knockout:

and last but not least

All I want for Christmas is (are!!!!) my two front teeth :knockout:

Not an inclusive list by any means but some of the most loathed by me Christmas songs.
:sick:

Oh no Missy -- say it ain't so! Not Dominick the Donkey!

Bill had an old Honda Accord when I met him that made a HEE - HAW noise in the rear when we would go over a big bump or railroad tracks. (No one could figure out the problem BTW -- we even called into Car Talk one time, but we didn't get on the radio.) We named that car Dominick just because of that song.

(I honestly don't remember a single word of that song right now but it's stuck with me because of that stupid car!)

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I like to look at the trees, but putting them up and decorating them really exacerbates my OCD and anxiety. I told my husband when we get a bigger house, I want a room with enough storage space to simply slide fully decorated trees out and then slide them back in each year.
I literally just told my husband last week, after decorating the trees, that I just want to put them in the extra bedroom as-is and pull them out that way next year. He resisted at first, but now agrees (thank goodness). I am now looking for a Christmas tree stand with rollers.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I literally just told my husband last week, after decorating the trees, that I just want to put them in the extra bedroom as-is and pull them out that way next year. He resisted at first, but now agrees (thank goodness). I am now looking for a Christmas tree stand with rollers.

I had an aunt (actually a great GREAT aunt since she was great-grandmother's sister-in-law) who put up the tree one year and just never took it down. Said fvck it come new years and threw a sheet over it. At Thanksgiving the turkey would come out of the oven and the sheet would come off. Voila! :cheeky:

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I had an aunt (actually a great GREAT aunt since she was great-grandmother's sister-in-law) who put up the tree one year and just never took it down. Said fvck it come new years and threw a sheet over it. At Thanksgiving the turkey would come out of the oven and the sheet would come off. Voila! :cheeky:
That would fix my problem with not being able to find a stand with rollers!!!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is not Christmas until I have heard the following favorites:

Benjamin Britten's- Ceremony of Carols
Handel's- Messiah
Anonymous Four- On Yoolis Night (and their other Christmas CD)
Angels We Have Heard on High- ( My favorite is sung in the 1960's movie The Trouble with Angels)
Hark the Harold Angels Sing
The First Noel
Nutcracker
O Holy Night
Santa Clause Got Stuck in My Chimney- Ella Fitzgerald
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas-Judy Garland
We Need a Little Christmas
The Christmas Song-Mel Torme
Blue Christmas- Elvis

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would fix my problem with not being able to find a stand with rollers!!!

If you don't find one you could use a furniture mover and put something across the "gap" (I use a giant cutting board when I move certain things) and secure the "prongs" of the tree stand with rope or bungee cords.

milwaukee-dollies-33700-64_1000.jpg

#DeeMcGyver

(Sorry for the thread-jack!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bill had an old Honda Accord when I met him that made a HEE - HAW noise in the rear when we would go over a big bump or railroad tracks. (No one could figure out the problem BTW -- we even called into Car Talk one time, but we didn't get on the radio.) We named that car Dominick just because of that song.

(I honestly don't remember a single word of that song right now but it's stuck with me because of that stupid car!)

This is for you @Dee*Jay...enjoy! :whistle: :lol:
You know I love you to even search out this song and link it here...omg like fingernails on a window...
whatisthisone.gif

Yanno it's a little catchy...:P2 OMG Nooooo must get it out of my head :shock:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is for you @Dee*Jay...enjoy! :whistle: :lol:
You know I love you to even search out this song and link it here...omg like fingernails on a window...
whatisthisone.gif

Yanno it's a little catchy...:P2 OMG Nooooo must get it out of my head :shock:

I kinda don't even want to click on this because I'm afraid I'll never get it out of my head...

:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I kinda don't even want to click on this because I'm afraid I'll never get it out of my head...

:lol:

You're smart to be afraid...:Up_to_something:

thankyoualcohol.gif

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ahhh...... I adored Christmas music as a child - of course, we weren't bombarded with it starting in November back then - and would spend hours shutting myself in my closet and belting it out at the top of my lungs! But since then, I've had the double whammy. I worked retail as a student and for a little while after graduating, including overtime the entirety of the Christmas season. Uggghhh.... AND....I'm a professional musician. For literally twenty-two years straight, a church in my area would put on one of those "living Christmas tree" extravaganzas, with an enormous tree structure holding the choir members in it and a full orchestra of us instrumentalists. It quickly became an excruciating Christmas cheese-fest every year, but as a musician, I could never afford to turn down a paying gig. Add in all the other seasonal concerts, church gigs, etc. I fervently hope to never, ever have to play "Sleigh Ride" ever again.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I actually heard Dominick the Donkey on the radio today!
OMG.... I grew up Pittsburgh Italian (as you may remember), so it made me laugh and cry at the same time:eek2::confused2:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw Alabama in concert this summer and absolutely loved it! Angels Among Us has always been a favorite of mine and hearing it in person.... :love::love::love:

Alabama has some of the best songs!! Do you live in the South??!! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results