shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone here with gray hair balayage for flamboyage?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you ever go curly with the new color? I cannot flat iron to save my life so I am curly most days. How does it look curly?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata , even after 5 straight years of being natural grey, I still expect to see myself as brunette when I look in the mirror! I still look at clothes colours that suit a brunette, and I sometimes feel like I look washed out, but really, your natural grey always suits in the end.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you ever go curly with the new color?
Sometimes. As I've gotten older, the curls have changed to waves like the pic below but they only last 1 day looking ok after I wash it. After one night's sleep, my hair just looks like I forgot to brush it for a month. I can spritz it with water and fuss with it to get the waves looking good again but find it too much fuss. Flat ironing keeps it straight between washings which is easier maintenance for me.
Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 7.35.19 AM.png

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes. As I've gotten older, the curls have changed to waves like the pic below but they only last 1 day looking ok after I wash it. After one night's sleep, my hair just looks like I forgot to brush it for a month. I can spritz it with water and fuss with it to get the waves looking good again but find it too much fuss. Flat ironing keeps it straight between washings which is easier maintenance for me.
Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 7.35.19 AM.png
I hear you. Second day hair is a pick and water for me which is much easier (for me) than trying to flat iron. I bought a ceramic hot brush that is much easier to use and it still leaves me with body because I have thin fine hair that is midback length.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
even after 5 straight years of being natural grey, I still expect to see myself as brunette when I look in the mirror!
The other day I walked by the bathroom mirror and out of the corner of my eye saw someone with light hair in the room with me. I jumped a mile high, let out a little scream and prepared to defend myself against the intruder. LOL. So, yeah, the adjustment period can be challenging :D

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other day I walked by the bathroom mirror and out of the corner of my eye saw someone with light hair in the room with me. I jumped a mile high, let out a little scream and prepared to defend myself against the intruder. LOL. So, yeah, the adjustment period can be challenging :D
:lol::lol:

I can’t help but picture you preparing to do Kung fu.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Saw the pictures of the bears. Now I want to see pictures of your hair!!!

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love the color, Matata. I was surprised not to see any comment from me earlier in this thread when I just looked back over it.

As your natural color grows in, give us an update shot from time to time! :))

AGBF

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love the color, Matata. I was surprised not to see any comment from me earlier in this thread when I just looked back over it.

As your natural color grows in, give us an update shot from time to time! :))

AGBF

Yes thank you Deb.......clearly my post did not come across well.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m glad this got bumped. Guess who got grey balayage ombré hair?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's fabulous, madelise! Wow!

Deb/AGBF

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW Madelise--that is SO gorgeous!! I am envious!

cheers--Sharon

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang, Matata, you have gorgeous hair! I would kill to have gorgeous hair like that, and it wouldn't matter to me what color it was. You will look gorgeous with both looks! My hair is baby fine, not super thin but I wouldn't turn down having a little more hair. You, girl, have it in spades, lucky woman!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies! I just got Overtone, this super cool color depositing conditioner, in pastel gray. It made my hair more grey grey than grey blonde. I love it!! Grey fades so quickly when washing, so this will help me keep it a cool grey color.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As your natural color grows in, give us an update shot from time to time!
Gray has grown out about 4 inches -- pretty much lines up with my eyebrows. I get it cut every 8 wks and she puts a rinse on it that tones down the brassiness remaining from when we bleached out the color where the natural gray hasn't yet grown out. Just had that and a cut done on Tuesday. Took off a lot of length. Gawd, I look ancient. Gonna be 64 next month.

me front.jpg me back.jpg

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Matata, Wow! I think the lighter hair actually makes you look younger, and I love the chic, sleek cut. You're a beautiful lady, and I hope I look as good as you do when I am your age. :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's fabulous. :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata your hair looks beautiful and you look gorgeous. Love the color, love the style. Sophisticated, sassy and easy breezy. :love:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your hair looks fab! Love the cut, and the color!
Gray hair rocks!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
M,

You’re beautiful. I love the hair too.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium