shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have this ring, but with a wider setting..from Whiteflash??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
ADORE
30.gif
this ring. I wondered if anyone has this ring, or has seen this ring, but with a wider band..5 or 6mm? Would Whiteflash make this setting, (only wider) without having to buy the diamond from them?? Thanks

LOVE LUV LUV this one.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2009 7:19:47 PM
Author:beau13
I
30.gif
ADORE
30.gif
this ring. I wondered if anyone has this ring, or has seen this ring, but with a wider band..5 or 6mm? Would Whiteflash make this setting, (only wider) without having to buy the diamond from them?? Thanks
beau, woobug had her round set in a wide band by Whiteflash. Let me see if I can dig up an old photo.

I couldn''t find woo''s thread, but I knew her ring was above mine in the Whiteflash gallery. This is woo''s yellow gold wide band ring. I think it''s a 6mm band if my memory is correct. Whiteflash can and will make you anything you decide on.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it attaches this time!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phooey! beau, go to the WF gallery, page 7, second row down, the ring on the far right. That''s woo''s.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be kinda weird with a wider band - too heavy in proportion to the head. My setting is quite similar but it has a 2mm band and it looks proportionally perfect. How big a stone are you thinking of putting into it?

BTW, that is an approximation of the traditional Tiffany 6-prong setting. It is pretty easy to replicate.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I want it to look sort of like this , but NOT a half bezel..I want prongs. I like the width and shape of the gold..but want the head to sit into the mount, like the first pic I posted. Does this make sense..sort of??
emcrook.gif

Thanks Gemgirl, I did see Woobug's two rings (oval and round) and saved those pics.
The diamond I will be setting DB..is about 1.8 carats.

wide bezel.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I don't believe WF sells their settings without a stone in them.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2009 10:54:09 PM
Author: swingirl
I don''t believe WF sells their settings without a stone in them.
ditto. They will not ship a WF setting without a diamond set in it.
Whether they will set your diamond, you will need to ask.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2009 11:13:05 PM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 1/10/2009 10:54:09 PM
Author: swingirl
I don''t believe WF sells their settings without a stone in them.
ditto. They will not ship a WF setting without a diamond set in it.
Whether they will set your diamond, you will need to ask.
Whiteflash will absolutely set your stone for you in their mounting. When we were creating my five stone, I sent them my five diamonds and they custom designed the mounting for them. Then I received the finished product about four weeks later.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I sketched a design (an idea in my head) so that I can give it to my jeweler. If go with a wide, gold mount..I would rather have him do the work and set it (and avoid sending the diamond to the US).It can''t be too difficult to create a setting similar to that of Whiteflash. I''m also going to see if he can do a halo mount (similar to the Michael B. ring I love..cushion halo, with my round diamond). It''s down to those two choices!! Halo with no band, or this wonderful wide setting that will be quite the attention grabber, with my sparkly 5 stone sitting next to it!!
30.gif
. Thanks for your help gals!!

bee

Rough_Rock
I remember Mark Morrell did a custom heavy shank Sunburst, which is similar to this Whitflash setting. I''ll try to find it. It was such a beautiful setting.

Busy Bee

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beau, several girls around here had settings made using the Stuller Solstice head. It is similar to the one posted above, but they had the prongs sort of trimmed to be a little thinner and more elegant. I am pretty sure Mara''s ring has that and maybe JCrow''s. That will be the way to go...solstice head on wider band. That shouldn''t cost anywhere near as much as a custom ring. That''s something I''d do locally and not bother sending to WF since it is really not something that only they can do.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that too! I wanted to send a diamond ring I inheirited to whiteflash and they said I had to have an appraisel or certification to go with it before I could send it. I was
bummed because although I understand their reasons behind it, I didnt want to spend extra money on it. I just wanted it put in a necklace. Thats the only drawback. If your
diamond already has a cert, you should be good to go.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 4:53:06 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Beau, several girls around here had settings made using the Stuller Solstice head. It is similar to the one posted above, but they had the prongs sort of trimmed to be a little thinner and more elegant. I am pretty sure Mara''s ring has that and maybe JCrow''s. That will be the way to go...solstice head on wider band. That shouldn''t cost anywhere near as much as a custom ring. That''s something I''d do locally and not bother sending to WF since it is really not something that only they can do.
I just had my diamond reset 5 months ago, in the Stuller solstice head. Here''s the thread.. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/will-have-new-ring-in-a-few-hours-diamond-being-re-set.88763/
I LOVE it!! I will be keeping the same head, for sure!! I just want a wider mount now. You''re right, the local guy will be making the setting, the same guy who reset my diamond this past summer. Thanks

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 4:14:09 PM
Author: bee
I remember Mark Morrell did a custom heavy shank Sunburst, which is similar to this Whitflash setting. I'll try to find it. It was such a beautiful setting.

Busy Bee
Oh BEE..I hope you find those pics..would love to see them. Thanks so much!

dh97

Shiny_Rock
I
30.gif
ADORE
30.gif

Hi Beau13, this is my ring. I''m happy that you like it. I think that White Flash can make this setting with wider band you want. My ring is custom made. It''s 3mm wide band. Diamondseeker2006 is right, my ring''s head is modified Stuller Solstice.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting dh. I love the stuller solstice head. I am going to bring that pic to my jeweler tomorrow..to see if he can make a similar ring setting, but 6mm wide! Whoo-HOO!!!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
ADORE
30.gif
Beau, we would be able to make this setting for you, and we don''t require that you buy a stone from us to do so.

Hope that helps.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results