shape
carat
color
clarity

Will have new ring in a few hours, diamond being re-set!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Well..in a few short hours I will have a new, improved diamond solitaire! I LOVE the stuller solstice head, and think it will make my diamond look bigger than it does right now in the standard four prong head. It will have a plain while gold shank again..and it''s being worked on right now. The jeweler says he should have it ready for me to pick up in about 5 more hours! I will be sure to take pics and compare the before and afters! I am optimistic that it will look much nicer on my finger than the way it was set hours ago! I''ll keep ya''s posted!

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Hurrah!!!! That is very exciting! Eagerly awaiting pics!

Annie

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait for photos...

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! The last part of waiting is the worst!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting...I cannot wait to see your pictures!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Well..I got the ring hours ago, and can't stop staring at it (even with company at my house)! I managed to sneak off, and take a few pics (not the greatest), but all I can say is WOW, the jeweler did a fabulous job of resetting my diamond. I am IN LOVE with it! I love how much BIGGER the diamond looks, how much rounder, how it sits a little lower, how great the solstice head looks. We decided not to go with the narrower mount, the jeweler called me on my cell this afternoon, and I told him to just modify the existing mount to accommodate the new head. He attached the sides of the mount to the head (can't see that in the pics), but it looks SOOOOOOoooo much better I think! I LOVE IT!! YAY ME!!

new reset 4.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
profile shot

new reset 2.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
another...

New reset 1.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
and one more

new reset 3.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
last one for now

new reset 7.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh beau, it''s just gorgeous, love your new setting. It''s a WOW!!!
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, I love the head on it!

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is stunning.. I like the before and I like the after.. I hope you don''t mind, I put the before and after together so we can see the difference.

beau before and after.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it Beau it''s beautiful. I love your wedding set too
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you''re happy! I love the new head!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
It`s amazing!!!! Your solitaire looked beautiful before, but now its just stunning!!!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ladies. Thanks EMPTorres for using your talent to post a before and after. I am so not good at that stuff! lol. I can''t quite capture on camera, how incredibly different the ring looks, with a few minor adjustments. From all angles, the diamond looks so much more "noticeable" with the new cupshape head. I hated how it looked from the side with the deep V head holding the stone before. The sides of the shank, don''t contour up as high and the sides rest at the base of the head, the ring just looks more fluid, and accentuates the diamond more. I am VERY happy...it''s a keeper!

Sparkle_Girl

Shiny_Rock
face23.gif
those prongs look soooooooo good
36.gif
i just might have to print this out to show my jeweler so that he can make my prongs like that for my ring that is being made
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
i hope you dont mind
17.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Sparkle Girl, I can try to get your a clear, crips pic, from the side, showing the prongs better. I had the jeweler order in the Stuller solstice head in med, and tall heights. We ended up choosing the medium head. Initially, I wanted him to modity the head a bit, but I loved it as is..so he just went ahead and mounted the diamond, and I love how it turned out. I know the head from Stuller is about $100, and It''s so thick, solid looking, not like some standard 6 prong heads.

Sparkle_Girl

Shiny_Rock
1.gif
yes please that would be perfect .... thank you im so excited. i absolutely love that look!
emrose.gif
emlove.gif
emhot.gif

newringgirl70

Rough_Rock
I scrolled down the page and when my eyes hit the ring, I spoke out loud, "OOOOHHHHHH!" The diamond is so eye-catching...but I have been pricescoping a little too much lately I think. Congrats!

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing difference! Really it never ceases to amaze me how a relatively small change makes such an enormous impact. It''s beautiful!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I tried to get a crisper shot of the profile (head), for you Sparkle girl but so far this is the best I can come up with!

pricescope profile.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
one more

pricescope profile 2.jpg

Sparkle_Girl

Shiny_Rock
thank you! this is PERFECT! yayyyyyyy!
30.gif
i am in love!
emlove.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! The change between the two settings is subtle, but it makes a world of difference!
36.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2008 1:47:47 PM
Author: Tuckins1
Gorgeous! The change between the two settings is subtle, but it makes a world of difference!
36.gif
It does make a difference my 13 year old said "did you get a new ring", and my mother-in-law said.."did you get a bigger diamond"? I guess it does make a world of difference!

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks marvelous darling. By the way what size is your stone if you don''t mind me asking, cause it looks HUGE!!!!!!!!!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. My diamond is 1.76, and I found it looked closer to 1.5 in the four prong setting. Now it looks like a 2 carat diamond, easily!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/28/2008 2:42:26 PM
Author: beau13
Thanks. My diamond is 1.76, and I found it looked closer to 1.5 in the four prong setting. Now it looks like a 2 carat diamond, easily!
Having had RBs in both 4 prong and 6 prong settings, I agree that the 6 prong setting makes the stone looks larger. Something about it being more symetrical. In my opinion, 6 prongs looks they fit RB stones better. It looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results