shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have photos/videos comparing asscher vs royal asscher vs octavia?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:

Bravo :lol:

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
I can speak for RA... It's hall of mirrors + sparkly! Combo...

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this post only today and have to say that this photo does not look like the Royal Asscher I saw many years ago. I remember it was in the UK and it was in 1991 in a jeweller, it had all the certificates in the window display with Royal Asscher, was one carat only and it cost sixteen thousand british pounds. It was absolutely beautiful and I wished I had the money for it but at the same time thought it was too much to spend on a piece of jewellery. From rememberance it looked about a lot of times better than this photo. The proportions just looked different and it seemed the steps went on forever. I had younger eyes then ofcourse too. It was not just the sparkle under the lights it really looked like the best asscher I have ever seen and that includes all the photos of asschers here on pricescope. Wish I could see it again. I suppose someone must have bought it.

ArMyrICCQAEuorG.jpg

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade

ILikeShiny

@ILikeShiny

It's a couple of years after the fact, but her's a video comparing the Octavia to the Royal Asscher:

Octavia: 1.46ct I VVS1, 6.3mm x 6.3mm; 32,8% table, 77.3%

RA: 1.54ct F VS1, 6.40mm x 6.41mm; 57% table, 68% depth

...and yes, the Octavia is much brighter. It's not an artifact. While both ASETs show a lot of red, the light return is notably more intense in the Octavia.

Last edited:

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade

ILikeShiny

@ILikeShiny

It's a couple of years after the fact, but her's a video comparing the Octavia to the Royal Asscher:

Octavia: 1.46ct I VVS1, 6.3mm x 6.3mm; 32,8% table, 77.3%

RA: 1.54ct F VS1, 6.40mm x 6.41mm; 57% table, 68% depth

...and yes, the Octavia is much brighter. It's not an artifact. While both ASETs show a lot of red, the light return is notably more intense in the Octavia.

Here are a couple more comparison videos:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results