shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a similar ring?

BionicNY

Rough_Rock
I downloaded this picture a while back of a ring I really liked. I'm not sure if it was from here or elsewhere. I really like it. I am looking for a diamond as large as possible for $1,400. Any color J and above. And any clarity VS2-Si2 (eye clean). I would like it to be tripple excellent. I would prefer if you ladies would give me links to excellent or ideal cut round diamonds by Blue Nile or Eternity by Yoni. And just to clarify the $1,400 budget is just for the center stone.

IMG_8075-L.jpg

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to let you know that centre stone is a 1.7 carat I-color old european brilliant (OEC) that is worth about $15,000.
With your budget, you would be lucky to find a 0.5 carat OEC. More importantly, I am not too sure this setting or design will good with a 0.5 carat diamond.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty design. I recall seeing someone that had it in green, instead of blue sapphires.

Also I commented on your other thread with a few stone recommendations.

That said, please be aware the center stone shown here is an old cut stone and not a modern round brilliant (MRB).

Depending how close you want to mimic the inspiration piece, you need to keep that in mind and determine which you like best.

BionicNY

Rough_Rock
Thank you! What is the difference? I thought a round diamond is a round diamond

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tastes vary and all
But I don’t agree that a smaller diamond wouldn’t look good in this type of setting.
It’ll just be different.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! What is the difference? I thought a round diamond is a round diamond

I suggest you visit other sections in this board to find out more about the different cuts of "round" diamonds, like Old European Cut, Old Mine Cut, Transitional, as well as a Modern Round Brilliant to name a few.

DK :))

BionicNY

Rough_Rock
I suggest you visit other sections in this board to find out more about the different cuts of "round" diamonds, like Old European Cut, Old Mine Cut, Transitional, as well as a Modern Round Brilliant to name a few.

DK :))

Thank you. This is so confusing. My eyes hurt with all these search.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is what an OEC looks like

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

BionicNY

Rough_Rock
This is a 0.5 diamond that had a EGL report. I didn't purchase it. I just simply tried it on since its the only 0.5 carat they had. I wanted to get an idea of what it would look like on my hand. IMG_20200218_141937.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm pretty sure this is from Love Affair Diamonds, as it looks like their photography. That said, I don't think you'll be able to get the same aesthetic with a much smaller center stone.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a 0.5 diamond that had a EGL report. I didn't purchase it. I just simply tried it on since its the only 0.5 carat they had. I wanted to get an idea of what it would look like on my hand. IMG_20200218_141937.jpg

Oh, cool... so if you like these proportions, then I'd say you're good with a smaller center. It will likely be much less expensive to buy one of these rings intact than to have it custom made. Those special cuts to fit perfectly may be expensive, and custom is typically more than stock or a "ready made" item.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a look at Ivy & Rose, they have a lovely range of target rings “ready made” and also have a small selection of OEC (old cut) diamonds.
With a budget of $1400 your centre diamond will likely be under .5 carat. That size may not translate well into your chosen style.
Ivy & Rose have some really gorgeous settings (modern made in the vintage style) and some are better suited to a more modest centre diamond.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nevermind. Actually the design works well with a 0.5 carat diamond.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You must have really small fingers because that stone looks bigger than .5 on your hand! You're lucky if you do have small fingers!
That ring and overall size looks lovely on your hand.

I cant tell the cut of that stone you tried on but it doesnt look like a modern round brilliant.

Typically we see OECs in target rings. Look around at Ivy and Rose. They do custom settings too and have made settings like this in the past.
They are also reasonably priced.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a K colored stone
E colored...a little on the bigger side

You can see some of their custom work here

Here is one of Ivy and Rose target settings. You would want to go custom to get the details.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just realized that marquise ring was done by Love Affair Diamonds and not ivy and rose.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a look at Ivy & Rose, they have a lovely range of target rings “ready made” and also have a small selection of OEC (old cut) diamonds.
With a budget of $1400 your centre diamond will likely be under .5 carat. That size may not translate well into your chosen style.
Ivy & Rose have some really gorgeous settings (modern made in the vintage style) and some are better suited to a more modest centre diamond.

Yes!! Ivy & Rose always has these for really fair prices!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would buy from ivy and rose to keep the price point down, and because they have a ton of OEC and "target " style rings. Of course it won't be identical to the inspiration pic because it's a different vendor, but it will have the same aesthetic.

BionicNY

Rough_Rock
You must have really small fingers because that stone looks bigger than .5 on your hand! You're lucky if you do have small fingers!
That ring and overall size looks lovely on your hand.

I cant tell the cut of that stone you tried on but it doesnt look like a modern round brilliant.

Typically we see OECs in target rings. Look around at Ivy and Rose. They do custom settings too and have made settings like this in the past.
They are also reasonably priced.

Thank you. My finger size is 5.5. thank you I spoke to Ivy and Rose and am placing an order with them. Thank you so much!!! Hope all will come out good.

BionicNY

Rough_Rock
This is a K colored stone
E colored...a little on the bigger side

You can see some of their custom work here

Here is one of Ivy and Rose target settings. You would want to go custom to get the details.

Thank you very much for the time to do this!

BionicNY

Rough_Rock
I just realized Ivy and Rose only has 14k white gold. I called and asked if it can be made in plantium and was told no. Anyone know a website that can make that setting in plantium?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have to have platinum (allergies)? Is plat in your budget? Not really sure what your budget is for the setting?

Edit...they wont custom make it for you in Platinum?

BionicNY

Rough_Rock
I am allergic to nickel. I want a metal that is hypoallergenic and that is plantium. I called and asked "would it be possible to make this in plantium please?" The guy replied " no we just finished making these in 14k white gold. We aren't doing plantium now." I asked "would it be possible to custom make me a setting in plantium and how much will it be?" He replied "it's possible but it will take upwards of two years." I was like ummm "okay thanks."

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used David Klass (DK) in Los Angeles to do my wife's e-ring. Lots of folks here have used him. Fair prices, and if you shoot him a picture of your inspiration piece he can give you a quote.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am allergic to nickel. I want a metal that is hypoallergenic and that is plantium. I called and asked "would it be possible to make this in plantium please?" The guy replied " no we just finished making these in 14k white gold. We aren't doing plantium now." I asked "would it be possible to custom make me a setting in plantium and how much will it be?" He replied "it's possible but it will take upwards of two years." I was like ummm "okay thanks."

Well, that's an odd answer.

I ditto @sledge 's recommendation of David Klass. I also have a ring made by him and it is perfection IMO. He definitely does platinum.
Here he is on istagram

Here is a link to rings he has made for Pricescopers Probably best to go from page 33 and work backwards (to see his newer pieces first.)

You can send him those pictures you posted and ask for a quote on a setting for a .5ish stone (doesnt hurt to ask for a quote).
Here is the email I have for him. Sometimes they are very busy so you have to email them a couple of times.

[email protected]

Edit...
Here is a target ring David Klass (DK) made

Last edited:

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I also got attached to these types of designs a while back when I tried on a $15k ring. But because I was in the middle of searching for my wedding band, I purchased this CZ to scratch the itch. I have found that I don't reach for this ring much because it is a bit bigger than what I like for everyday wear. I don't remember the stone size, but my finger is a 4.75.
20200220_133643.jpg

BionicNY

Rough_Rock
Well, that's an odd answer.

I ditto @sledge 's recommendation of David Klass. I also have a ring made by him and it is perfection IMO. He definitely does platinum.
Here he is on istagram

Here is a link to rings he has made for Pricescopers Probably best to go from page 33 and work backwards (to see his newer pieces first.)

You can send him those pictures you posted and ask for a quote on a setting for a .5ish stone (doesnt hurt to ask for a quote).
Here is the email I have for him. Sometimes they are very busy so you have to email them a couple of times.

[email protected]

Edit...
Here is a target ring David Klass (DK) made

Thank you

BionicNY

Rough_Rock
I also got attached to these types of designs a while back when I tried on a $15k ring. But because I was in the middle of searching for my wedding band, I purchased this CZ to scratch the itch. I have found that I don't reach for this ring much because it is a bit bigger than what I like for everyday wear. I don't remember the stone size, but my finger is a 4.75.
20200220_133643.jpg

Looks beautiful

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results