shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a combination ultrasonic-steamer machine?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! :P2 I'm considering this 3-in-1 jewelry cleaner machine that offers ultrasonic, steam, and UV light sanitization: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071J1L5FC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A2BMKKU9S37U4N&psc=1. Does anyone have this machine, or anything like it? If so, is it working out for you?

For years I've been using the Magnasonic model that everyone here has, but it doesn't come close to revealing the crazy blinding sparkle after steaming/ultrasonic cleaning by a professional jeweler. I'm wondering if this machine might work...or at least come close. Would love to hear your thoughts! TIA!

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
I have this one and love it! I don’t bother with the uv thing though. I use the ultrasonic with a drop of dish liquid and just enough water to over my items (too much water and it doesn’t vibrate very well). Once that process is done, I use the steamer with distilled water. It all works beautifully

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t seen one like that before but I want it!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have this one but I think its the same model rebranded (same specs, same buttons, etc..)

Be sure you have the counter space for it because it is very bulky.

I only take mine out every few months to do a thorough cleaning of frequently worn pieces. (I just do the soak and scrub with a soft toothbrush for cleanings in between) As I've only used it a few times, I can't speak to whether it holds up over time.

My biggest gripe is that in order to empty the ultrasonic tub, you need to turn the whole thing upside down. It's an awkward maneuver due to the bulk of the machine. I haven't used the UV.

I'm happy with the job it does but can't compare how good it works compare to other machines as it's the only one I've owned...and my jewelry always seems nicer after someone else does it..you know how someone offers to clean your jewelry to buy a product and when you get home, it doesn't work the same? That's me :lol-2:

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
Be sure you have the counter space for it because it is very bulky.

I only take mine out every few months to do a thorough cleaning of frequently worn pieces. (I just do the soak and scrub with a soft toothbrush for cleanings in between) As I've only used it a few times, I can't speak to whether it holds up over time.

My biggest gripe is that in order to empty the ultrasonic tub, you need to turn the whole thing upside down. It's an awkward maneuver due to the bulk of the machine. I haven't used the UV.

I'm happy with the job it does but can't compare how good it works compare to other machines as it's the only one I've owned...and my jewelry always seems nicer after someone else does it..you know how someone offers to clean your jewelry to buy a product and when you get home, it doesn't work the same? That's me :lol-2:

As far as price, you may want to do a quick check around. I bought mine from HSN under a different brand name (Improvements) when it was on clearance for $80. Everything down to the buttons, specs, etc. is exactly the same as the Sienna Trio Shine. At the time, Costco had something similar for around $130 But neither carry them anymore so maybe Amazon's price is good.

Only use enough water to cover your items. Then to empty, use a dry hand towel and soak up the water.

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
I have the one you’re looking at and I love it. I use the ultrasonic and the steamer and I swear it comes out so brilliantly sparkly!!! I’ve had friends ask me to clean their rings. It’s big so we keep it on the counter in the laundry room.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haven't used this one but every home steamer I have tried was anemic and not much help at all.
Professional units are 75 to 100 psi which will remove skin pretty much instantly.
The home ones that I have seen are at best 10-15psi which is just a little above a tea kettle.

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have this one! I love the steamer portion, 55 psi! However, for the US part, i don't like it because there is no basket. The diamonds are rattling around on the base of the US. Too risky for me! So for the US, i use the heated gemoro because that has a basket, looks like a colander, so that the diamonds are not rattling around as much. Hopes that makes sense o_O

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I have this one, too. I haven't tried the UV part and rarely use the ultrasonic unless I'm in full jewelry cleaning mode. (magnasonic with detergent, rinse in other US on this machine, then steam, which probably equals crazy)

The extra water is very hard to get out of the vessel that you fill for steam and it is cumbersome to remove the US water, too. The steam will sputter at times when it's first getting going. The machine itself is very large and probably has the footprint of at least two coffeemakers.

With all this said, I am still happy I bought it! The difference when I use it vs don't is something my sweet, far-sighted husband can discern easily. He was really skeptical and kind of ribbing me when I ordered it and was like, "Wow! I can actually see a difference." So, fwiw.:)

I took a chance because it was Amazon and figured I could get my money back if it ended up being a dud. I've had it for about a year.

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
I have this one! I love the steamer portion, 55 psi! However, for the US part, i don't like it because there is no basket. The diamonds are rattling around on the base of the US. Too risky for me! So for the US, i use the heated gemoro because that has a basket, looks like a colander, so that the diamonds are not rattling around as much. Hopes that makes sense o_O

just lay a small cloth in the bottom. Or trim some of that grippy shelf liner to size. You can also get small silicone baskets meant for your dishwasher that would fit too. To empty the US part I just use a hand towel (like the size for drying dishes) and soak up the extra. The steamer I run until it is empty which only takes a few minutes.

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-3_9-2-22.jpeg
    upload_2019-10-3_9-2-22.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 67

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! :P2 I'm considering this 3-in-1 jewelry cleaner machine that offers ultrasonic, steam, and UV light sanitization: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071J1L5FC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A2BMKKU9S37U4N&psc=1. Does anyone have this machine, or anything like it? If so, is it working out for you?

For years I've been using the Magnasonic model that everyone here has, but it doesn't come close to revealing the crazy blinding sparkle after steaming/ultrasonic cleaning by a professional jeweler. I'm wondering if this machine might work...or at least come close. Would love to hear your thoughts! TIA!

Bought the Magnasonic to avoid having to use my steamer (it's the Gemoro Brilliant Spa one)...too much of a hassle to set it up, etc...guess I'm too lazy for that. However, I find that the ultrasonic cleaning is not sufficient for me and still have to use the steamer after all:(2.
So thanks for the above link. I'l be checking it out.

Still waiting on that SMTB thread, lady...:bigsmile: ain't getting any younger:lol::lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results