shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a band similar to this with a diamond mounted on it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I really like the look of these wider (6mm) bands, with engraving..and fine detail. It almost looks at though two small bands are worn on either side (which eliminates the need to wear a band). I wondered if anyone has, or has seen pics of this style ring, with a diamond mounted on it? How do you think it would look? Thanks

wide band 1.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
That''s a very pretty ring but, if i were to imagine a diamond mounted on it, i think it would look a little old fashioned.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for you input Elle. That thought never crossed my mind..but now you got me wondering..lol

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
yeah, i think if you want it that wide you''d need to keep it simple for it to stay modern. i did a quick search but found nothing that didn''t look too dated. This was the closest i could find.

wideband77.jpg

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Harleigh has a wide band set that''s FABULOUS!
comarison.pic.before.left.after.right.JPG

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 2:19:22 PM
Author:beau13
I really like the look of these wider (6mm) bands, with engraving..and fine detail. It almost looks at though two small bands are worn on either side (which eliminates the need to wear a band). I wondered if anyone has, or has seen pics of this style ring, with a diamond mounted on it? How do you think it would look? Thanks

I actually think it would look very pretty if done with a marquiese (spelling i know) diamond in a high setting. Kind of like the ones where you have the full row of diamonds underneith and then your marquiese floats on top....does that make sense?

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, this ring is totally NOT want you described you were looking for but I randomly found this on the Knox website and I think it's beautiful:

http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=213&rn=1553&action=show_detail

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I tried to post Harleigh''s pics, but the wouldn''t post for me..so thanks for posting them! That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. A 6mm wide mount, worn with one diamond band (not two). The head of the ring would have to be incorporated into the band a bit differntly. I know Harleigh used a men''s comfort fit band she mentioned..bit I would want the diamond set a little lower, and the gold to have a bit more of a profile (not so flat on the hand)..if that makes sense?
I LOVE that band you posted Ilovethiswebsite ! I could totally see a round diamond on that band!! HMmmmmm..decisions, desicions!!

UpgradeMe

Rough_Rock
This is another similar one from Knox. http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=213&rn=1741&action=show_detail I had narrowed my upgrade down to this and another option. I still love this look although it''s difficult because there just isn''t that much out there like this to actually view or try on.

In my opinion, I would do an oval for the center stone and have the band equal to or just a tad smaller than the center stone because I think that would help it stand out. Otherwise I think it tends to get lost in there. The oval or marquise shape would help to lengthen it a bit. I still love it and would love to see one done like I''ve described!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Have you looked at Carl Blackburn? Don''t know if it''s your style but he has some wider settings.pearlmans

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 2:19:22 PM
Author:beau13
beau...my mom has almost that same band and she had a head put on it and her diamond mounted in a 6 prong setting. Let me see if I can find the link to my original post...

UpgradeMe

Rough_Rock
Wow! That''s what''s great about this place, never know what you''ll find! EmeralLover''s mom''s ring looks just like what you were looking for. And I love the way it looks. Almost makes me want to continue mixing the white and yellow gold!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I''ll see if I can get her to send me some more pictures today. I really think it might be the same band. She loves it because the bands are attached and she isn''t going to wear a wedding band with it. She wears both color golds all the time so this was the perfect solution for her. It think it came out great!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beau, that''s really a stunning ring, and you''re right, there would be no need for diamonds bands. I put these two together so we can compare. I think emeraldlover''s Mom has beautiful taste. Her ring is gorgeous.

wide%20band%201.jpg
em1mom1.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
WOW..thanks so much ladies..you are all very helpful, I did notice your mom''s ring Emeraldlover, while browsing for ideas. It is pretty much the same ring! GORGEOUS!! I would be going with all white gold however (not yellow and white). Do you know how wide your mom''s band is? 6mm, 7mm? Now I wonder if I should search for a band style ring I like, or have the jeweler create one from scratch?? Hmmmm

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 9:44:40 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite
Ok, this ring is totally NOT want you described you were looking for but I randomly found this on the Knox website and I think it''s beautiful:

http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=213&rn=1553&action=show_detail
That is a beautiful ring, along with the other band style from Knox. I do want solid gold though...not and open work style. I do like the profile shot, and how the diamond is set into the ring, not sitting on top of the band, sticking out too much!! Thanks for that link!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 9:13:44 AM
Author: beau13
WOW..thanks so much ladies..you are all very helpful, I did notice your mom''s ring Emeraldlover, while browsing for ideas. It is pretty much the same ring! GORGEOUS!! I would be going with all white gold however (not yellow and white). Do you know how wide your mom''s band is? 6mm, 7mm? Now I wonder if I should search for a band style ring I like, or have the jeweler create one from scratch?? Hmmmm
I''m not sure how wide it is and she probably doesn''t know. I''ll ask her but she''ll probably think I''m a crazy person. Its hard to tell from the pics but if I had to guess it is probably..7mm. Reason being the center band is wider so if that is three then the sides are 2.

She found the band at her local jeweler. I know that it is a brand but I can''t remember and the jeweler put the head on it for them.

I''m sure you can find something all in PLAT or WG. Good LUCK!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results