shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone go from a round to an elongated cushion or radiant?

McGinnis

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Fell off the PS bandwagon for a while because I've been so busy with school work and family illness but I recently saw a lady with a 2ct-ish radiant on her finger and it made me lose my cool. Ever since then, I've been stalking and lurking and I've come to realize that I'm seriously thinking about making the change and leaning more towards a rectangular cushion.
Before getting engaged, I considered a round and the standard cushion shape and we decided on a round. I've been very happy with the shape ever since and have never thought about changing shapes (only size ;)) ) I'm afraid of the change in light performance from a round and whether or not I'll fully move on from the round once I switch.
So I'm asking the opinions and thoughts of anyone that has gone from a round to a radiant or elongated cushion.
Thanks!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Anyone go from a round to an elongated cushion or radian

Have you played around with James Allen's site? I find that the spinning videos really help me to figure out the look of a diamond that I like.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I did. I wore a RB for many years and decided to upgrade. I fell in love with a princess cut. It was so different from what I had. I really loved the angular shape and upgraded to a gorgeous 2 carat princess. The stone was beautiful. I kept changing the settings though and after considering a third setting in two years I knew something was wrong. I accepted that while I love the angular shape of a square or rectangular stone, I was at heart really a RB person. So with mixed feelings and regret I sold the princess and went back to a RB. For me it absolutely was the right decision. I realized that you can love and appreciate something for its intrinsic shape or beauty, but it may be wrong for you. Even now I can't say why it didn't feel right, it just didn't. You might have a completely different experience though. Maybe you could try it out by wearing a costume radiant or cushion ring for a bit to see if it's really right for you.

CTsparkle13

Shiny_Rock

McGinnis|1478192841|4093288 said:
Fell off the PS bandwagon for a while because I've been so busy with school work and family illness but I recently saw a lady with a 2ct-ish radiant on her finger and it made me lose my cool. Ever since then, I've been stalking and lurking and I've come to realize that I'm seriously thinking about making the change and leaning more towards a rectangular cushion.
Before getting engaged, I considered a round and the standard cushion shape and we decided on a round. I've been very happy with the shape ever since and have never thought about changing shapes (only size ;)) ) I'm afraid of the change in light performance from a round and whether or not I'll fully move on from the round once I switch.
So I'm asking the opinions and thoughts of anyone that has gone from a round to a radiant or elongated cushion.
Thanks!

Hi,
My first diamond was round but now I have a rectangular radiant in a custom halo ring and I absolutely love it!!!!!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

My original engagement ring was RB and after 10 years I wanted an upgrade. This time around I knew that I wanted something larger and since I plan to keep my original, I wanted something completely different. I was also really drawn to a fancy shape because I felt that "everyone has a RB" and I wanted something that was unique.

I fell in love with the romantic shape and faceting of a chunky elongated cushion and absolutely love it. I am not a diamond expert, but in my opinion they are so completely different that I do not really feel that it under-performs a RB it just performs differently. My original stone was not graded by a lab(purchased long before I discovered Pricescope) so I can not speak to how well it is cut. However, in lower lighting I think that my cushion outshines the RB a bit and I love the pastel flashes.

I would advise visiting local jewelers and get a feel for what shape really speaks to you and then come back here and let the amazing people here help you find the best performer in your budget range. One thing to be aware of is that it will face up smaller than a RB of equal carat weight, decide what measurements you would like as opposed to carat size.

This was a great thread to learn more about cushions. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-101-my-experience-in-making-a-harry-winston-halo.183473/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-101-my-experience-in-making-a-harry-winston-halo.183473/[/URL]

McGinnis

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I just got done looking at your posts about your elongated cushion and it makes my burning for a e-cushion so much deeper-it is soooooo yummy!!!
Thanks for your input. I am reading through the post you sent me and I'm learning so much from it!
I can't wait to see your finished beauty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results