shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone getting stuff from Yvonne's sale?

voce

Ideal_Rock
OK guys here is the sapphire I got at Yvonne's sale :) It's only 5 mm but the color is really gorgeous. I'm probably setting it in a sunflower ring. For the melee I'm leaning towards emeralds and/or diamonds presently. Was thinking it might be fun to alternate two colors in the melee (like emeralds and diamonds)

The other option would be to go with a vivid pink or red spinel. That vivid Jedi color spinel would awesome.

il_794xN.1603744735_r7u7.jpg

. il_794xN.1711621208_oqdv.jpg
For such a deep blue, tonal variations instead of contrast would look more harmonious. I would suggest purple, a lighter blue, or green for the sidestones, not red or pink. I think red or pink would not be the most flattering, as they would be for a more turqoise blue color.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really pretty sapphire- love the color. I think if you did red or pink in the melee, it may look kind of patriotic? Not necessarily bad, but not sure if that changes your view.
I hadn’t thought of the patriotic angle, thanks! No, I don’t want to send that kind of message.

I will have to ponder this further.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For such a deep blue, tonal variations instead of contrast would look more harmonious. I would suggest purple, a lighter blue, or green for the sidestones, not red or pink. I think red or pink would not be the most flattering, as they would be for a more turqoise blue color.
That is a great idea, voce! I wonder how that tanzanite melee of Yvonne’s would look with the sapphire. Zircon might be really pretty, too.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK guys here is the sapphire I got at Yvonne's sale :) It's only 5 mm but the color is really gorgeous. I'm probably setting it in a sunflower ring. For the melee I'm leaning towards emeralds and/or diamonds presently. Was thinking it might be fun to alternate two colors in the melee (like emeralds and diamonds)

The other option would be to go with a vivid pink or red spinel. That vivid Jedi color spinel would awesome.

il_794xN.1603744735_r7u7.jpg

. il_794xN.1711621208_oqdv.jpg

That’s a beautiful sapphire. It’s a rich gorgeous blue so I’m voting for an emerald halo.
What if in alternating colors you did tones of the same color? Like emerald and mint garnets.

ETA: I just saw the tanzanite idea. I think that would be beautiful too.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s a beautiful sapphire. It’s a rich gorgeous blue so I’m voting for an emerald halo.
What if in alternating colors you did tones of the same color? Like emerald and mint garnets.

ETA: I just saw the tanzanite idea. I think that would be beautiful too.

Thanks, Elle, I love the color, too. It's going into white metal for sure. I really like your idea of alternating mint garnets and emerald, great idea! I appreciate your and @voce's input, there are times that we all need inspiration!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just checked and there are 8 pieces left of the tanzanite to use for a sunflower ring. Even better, the price is great, only $24 for 8 pieces :) I already have purple sapphire melee, but it's a bit darker than I'd like to provide contrast to the sapphire.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just checked and there are 8 pieces left of the tanzanite to use for a sunflower ring. Even better, the price is great, only $24 for 8 pieces :) I already have purple sapphire melee, but it's a bit darker than I'd like to provide contrast to the sapphire.

If you are happy scrolling through her instagram you can get an idea about the various colour combinations without needing to buy all the melee first.

https://www.instagram.com/cecileraleydesigns/?hl=en

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
This is a really pretty purple- and I love the pear!

Thank you... I fell in love with the color, and after I purchased the Elizabeth I realized how much I love pears!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@MissyBeaucoup, I think I remember that you bought the gorgeous blue sapphire heart from Pristine Gemstones. Am I right? I had that one on my favorites list forever and reluctantly decided against buying it because I have too many other things on my want list and not enough budget to cover the list. But I'd love to see what you end up doing with the sapphire, so I can live vicariously through you!

Thank you, @natasha-cupcake . That’s so sweet of you! I’m delighted that you also admired that pretty blue heart. It means a lot to me that you appreciate its charms too. So many rocks, so little bling budget! :love: I look forward to seeing what you kept on your list!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I've bought so much stuff this month that my wallet is crying. So somebody please, please take this ruby cabochon before I get to it during last hours of the sale.
1572558600964.png

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a sphene pair. I was attracted to sphene because of the fire. 2A578344-BD34-4E46-8234-A627199C282C.jpeg

I’m so glad you bought those. I was really trying not to (because I’ve spent way too much lately)...but I sure wanted to. They look beautiful. :kiss2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I bought a sphene pair. I was attracted to sphene because of the fire. 2A578344-BD34-4E46-8234-A627199C282C.jpeg
I love sphene. But they're hard to set, and I already have a couple, in a ring and in a pendant. I'm glad they went to someone who actually wears earrings!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought some demantoid 1.8mm melee for a future eternity band.

Those will make a gorgeous eternity band. :love:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
@distracts Those are going to be lovely.

I was eyeing a few garnets but I just don't know enough to feel confident yet. That and I have a project with Yvonne right now so I should be patient.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
During Yvonne's anniversary sale I got some spinels for these earrings... I'm waited with bated breath for their arrival!

il_1588xN.2114508827_10we.jpg

il_fullxfull.2114508831_kjwx.jpg

I love that style! :kiss2:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that style! :kiss2:

So pretty!

@distracts Those are going to be lovely.

Thanks! Someone had these with mahenge spinels years ago and sold them on LT for like $700 or something... I remember looking at them but thinking that price was a lot and not buying them and I've been kicking myself ever since. So I finally just took the plunge. These spinels don't look as vibrant as those but Yvonne says they're pretty vibrant so I'm sure I'll be happy regardless.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
*Digging up an old thread! If there's a newer one for her sale items please let me know & I'll ask the mods to move this!*

But did anyone get anything from her recent 20% off sale?

I did & it's oh so exciting for me!
I've had this ring that I loved for a while but after some time the plain jane setting, while heavy on the gold and substantial, it just wasn't doin' it for me so, I finally had my moody dark blue-green tsavorite garnet taken out & am planning a three stone ring with these two neon purple garnets!

My tsavorite is approx. 8x6 & the rhodolites are 4x3mm. I drew the dimensions out & I love how they look together. I think the two jewel tones will work marvelously together & I'm like a giddy little girl waiting for her package!

I'm thinking rose gold but yellow might work as well, we will see when I get them! But I was thinking a simple trellis 3-stone with claw prongs!

20200920_225300-COLLAGE.jpg

It'll be one special birthstone ring - as you guessed it - garnet is my native stone ♥️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results