shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone getting stuff from Yvonne's sale?

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I check her store everyday, which I must stop doing, because I'm the fool who bought the bypass ring. I even left it in my cart for a bit, in case it wasn't meant to be. I've been wanting a bypass ring with different main stones, but this was just so pretty!

Yay!!!! I’m so happy it went to a PSer! And you are no fool - that ring is stunning! Please post lots of pics when you get it!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The bypass ring is gorgeous I'm sure you'll love it Mrs.KMB :) The colors are stunning!
I also check Yvonne's shop on a daily basis, big surprise, right ;-)

If those paraiba beads are still around after my ring is done I may get them. I always wear my two station bracelets from CRD, so adding a third with those beads makes sense, right?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I check her store everyday, which I must stop doing, because I'm the fool who bought the bypass ring. I even left it in my cart for a bit, in case it wasn't meant to be. I've been wanting a bypass ring with different main stones, but this was just so pretty!

Exciting! It’s such a beautiful bypass ring. I can’t wait to see your pics!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Of course, @elle_71125 couldn't get enough paraibas :mrgreen2:. That's a gorgeous color. Since the feather is in the middle and Yvonne is selling it, I think structurally it will be OK to set. To me, inclusions only become serious problems when they are surface reaching, especially on the edges, where they affect whether a gem can be safely set.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course, @elle_71125 couldn't get enough paraibas :mrgreen2:. That's a gorgeous color. Since the feather is in the middle and Yvonne is selling it, I think structurally it will be OK to set. To me, inclusions only become serious problems when they are surface reaching, especially on the edges, where they affect whether a gem can be safely set.

You know me...I'd buy them all if I could. :lickout: I'm in love with another one on her site but I'm trying to behave over here (albeit, somewhat unsuccessfully). :lol:

Thanks for your thoughts on the feather. I figures she would mention something if it wasn't structurally sound but better safe than sorry, right? :mrgreen2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I picked up a 7x3.5 marquis paraiba and a 4.7 purple sapphire. No money to blow on more bling. There's endless settings to pay off.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked up a 7x3.5 marquis paraiba and a 4.7 purple sapphire. No money to blow on more bling. There's endless settings to pay off.

I can't wait to see them. :D

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a sapphire in mind but won't post pictures until after the purchase tomorrow :) Yvonne will be picking up a bright purple sapphire for me in Vegas to add to my stacking ring collection.

Can't wait to see what @voce and @elle_71125 do with their new paraibas!

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
C43BAE67-6200-4BBD-B99E-005AA6840689.jpeg B46EDB32-12F1-4D19-B9E3-373EA68D89D3.jpeg I picked a little something up too... I absolutely adored this when I saw it, and thought for sure it would sell before I could save up for it. It didn’t! I can’t wait have it finished into a ring. I have another project at the moment too. I’ll share both when they are finished. =)2

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C43BAE67-6200-4BBD-B99E-005AA6840689.jpeg B46EDB32-12F1-4D19-B9E3-373EA68D89D3.jpeg I picked a little something up too... I absolutely adored this when I saw it, and thought for sure it would sell before I could save up for it. It didn’t! I can’t wait have it finished into a ring. I have another project at the moment too. I’ll share both when they are finished. =)2

It’s gorgeous! :love: I’m happy you were able to get it.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a sapphire in mind but won't post pictures until after the purchase tomorrow :) Yvonne will be picking up a bright purple sapphire for me in Vegas to add to my stacking ring collection.

Can't wait to see what @voce and @elle_71125 do with their new paraibas!

How exciting! :dance:
Looking forward to seeing what you get.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@leslie1956 @elle_71125 I'm not setting another paraiba until this one I bought during the New Year Sale is set. I'm going broke. :cry2:
il_794xN.1538518535_2p3o.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@leslie1956 @elle_71125 I'm not setting another paraiba until this one I bought during the New Year Sale is set. I'm going broke. :cry2:
il_794xN.1538518535_2p3o.jpg

Gorgeous! Do you know how you’ll set it?
I here you on the bling budget. Too many sales...too little income. :shock:

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
It’s gorgeous! :love: I’m happy you were able to get it.

Me too! There is another one she just listed that made my heart leap, but alas, it must wait. I’m trying so hard to be good. Setting this one and my other will not be small endeavors.

Does anyone else always make rings... I like them because I can see my hands. Lol.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Do you know how you’ll set it?
I here you on the bling budget. Too many sales...too little income. :shock:
Double halo and in platinum. First halo is graduated and set with blue paraiba melee, which is why I suppose Yvonne photographed the two together for the CAD listing. Second halo will be diamond. I haven't gotten the CAD or the production cost quote yet, and I'm praying it won't be too high to impact whether I can afford other projects.:pray:

Me too!
... Does anyone else always make rings... I like them because I can see my hands. Lol.
Me three...
+1 to rings, except now I'm wearing pendants, too.

voce

Ideal_Rock
That's stunning, @voce! What a delicious color combination :) Your setting plans sound fabulous, too.
Thanks, Leslie, I love getting to decide how to combine and set gems I buy. Makes me feel so creative and happy!:kiss2: (but sometimes :confused2: when looking at my bank account and credit cards). I'm falling off the max out my retirement savings wagon.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rings are also my number one favorite, but I also like Yvonne's station bracelets. I have a number of pairs of her earrings, too, but dang, those guys can run into serious money!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yvonne's having a 20% off sale so I just ordered this paraiba.
Any other impulse shoppers out there?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/704514329/paraiba-tourmaline-oval-7x5mm-oval?show_sold_out_detail=1

paraiba 15.jpg

paraiba 16.jpg

There is a feather on this piece. Is there anything I should look out for?
Just tell your jeweler not to put it in an ultrasonic cleaner. Most of these stones have fissures and clarity enhancement. The ultrasonic cleaners can make them look cloudier or affect the existing fissures.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Leslie, I love getting to decide how to combine and set gems I buy. Makes me feel so creative and happy!:kiss2: (but sometimes :confused2: when looking at my bank account and credit cards). I'm falling off the max out my retirement savings wagon.

You're very welcome. I can relate to the feeling creative and happy when creating new pieces :) Good luck with balancing the financial aspect of this pricy hobby. We all enjoy seeing the results of your happiness and creativity here on PS!

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
o_O
You're very welcome. I can relate to the feeling creative and happy when creating new pieces :) Good luck with balancing the financial aspect of this pricy hobby. We all enjoy seeing the results of your happiness and creativity here on PS!
I agree and relate with this totally! I too love the hobby... I also love seeing what you create! I know I’m currently trying like crazy to not purchase a gem Yvonne recently listed... its killing me! I get annoyed that I need to purchase expensive socks for running, but hey I’ll ponder impulse purchasing a $900 gem. :twisted2:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would love to, but spent my whole bling budget over on Etsy at the Pristine Gemstones pre-retirement sale! I absolutely second @Sunshinelab on how my restraint is so much better in other areas of my life. Colors seduce me!

I am enjoying hearing about other people’s purchases, and can’t wait to see your new projects! :love:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@MissyBeaucoup, I think I remember that you bought the gorgeous blue sapphire heart from Pristine Gemstones. Am I right? I had that one on my favorites list forever and reluctantly decided against buying it because I have too many other things on my want list and not enough budget to cover the list. But I'd love to see what you end up doing with the sapphire, so I can live vicariously through you!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OK guys here is the sapphire I got at Yvonne's sale :) It's only 5 mm but the color is really gorgeous. I'm probably setting it in a sunflower ring. For the melee I'm leaning towards emeralds and/or diamonds presently. Was thinking it might be fun to alternate two colors in the melee (like emeralds and diamonds)

The other option would be to go with a vivid pink or red spinel. That vivid Jedi color spinel would awesome.

il_794xN.1603744735_r7u7.jpg

. il_794xN.1711621208_oqdv.jpg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
OK guys here is the sapphire I got at Yvonne's sale :) It's only 5 mm but the color is really gorgeous. I'm probably setting it in a sunflower ring. For the melee I'm leaning towards emeralds and/or diamonds presently. Was thinking it might be fun to alternate two colors in the melee (like emeralds and diamonds)

The other option would be to go with a vivid pink or red spinel. That vivid Jedi color spinel would awesome.

il_794xN.1603744735_r7u7.jpg

. il_794xN.1711621208_oqdv.jpg

Really pretty sapphire- love the color. I think if you did red or pink in the melee, it may look kind of patriotic? Not necessarily bad, but not sure if that changes your view.

elizat

Ideal_Rock

This is a really pretty purple- and I love the pear!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results