shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else getting tired of all the halo styles?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
damn double post!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1376022675|3499523 said:
I've never been a halo fan for my personal collection and I do think they tend to be a bit overdone, BUT I've seen many beautiful halo'ed rings and other jewelry here on PS, and there's many a halo'ed ring that I wouldn't turn down if it were offered to me. :wink2: As far as fads go, I think the halo style is rooted in traditional styles and is probably more durable than many others that have come and gone in the past few decades... anybody remember freeform, waterfall, and diamond bridge shank rings? :wink2:

img_2839_0.jpg

I really like this one, and still wear similar styles. It may date me, but it's what I like.

GFL-Pear.jpg

OvalAlex-candle.jpg

BigPendantClose.jpg

BothPendants2.jpg

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
img_2839_0.jpg

Change the metal to white gold or rose gold, and you'd be surprised how some of those styles go from "outdated" to "wow!" i still like halos and I probably always will, but I don't like the delicate lacy ones. I gravitate to the old bold "dinner ring" Art Deco looks. I still like some solitaire styles. Fortunately, I am not married and I can change my style du jour anytime, lol.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain: your pieces are classic.. I love them!

:love: :love:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to be clear, I'm not putting down anybody's freeform or waterfall or whatever rings. My first "big girl" ring, an amethyst ring bought probably in the early 80's, was definitely of the free form mold... and I still have it and I still wear it on occasion. I just think that the halo style is generally going to be more durable and less easily dated than some of these other trends. =)

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I find it interesting that so many people on there have said they don't see halos much outside PS. I live in the midwest and it seems that all the young gals getting engaged are getting halos. In fact, walking through Kohl's the other day I saw a large display of haloed costume CZ rings and pendants. A quick online search at Kohl's results in 306 haloed rings alone, both costume and "fine." (And each more icky than the last! :cry:) http://www.kohls.com/search/rings-jewelry.jsp?CN=4294719588+4294719765&search=halo
Since trends tend to start at the luxury end and trickle down to the lower end, I take this as a sign that the trend has crested. Just my opinion. 8)

I myself have never preferred halos, but as so many have said in this thread, I do see their appeal and function (if an aspect of jewelry can really be functional!) :D

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty your swoopy ring pic reminded me of an old style I never cared for from my youth. the free form nugget style. one of my cousins was quite a '70s girl and adored this style. she had her entire wedding set all custom made in molten gold. the w-band was constantly being re-worked so she could add little blue diamonds. she was a bit ahead of her time in that respect.
below is the only similar photo I could locate quickly online. anyone have any love for these? it almost seem groovy CA beachy to me now, and not in a bad way. although it would have to be sort of big, bold and obvious - like David Webb.

_15616.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results