shape
carat
color
clarity

Any other ladies out there with big hands like me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
I keep reading these threads with ''show me the tiny hands'' and I''m feeling kinda lonely out here!

I was a 7 for the longest time in my ring finger, but after 2 kids, I am now comfy in an 8... I have an ''extra large'' bone frame... you know the age old excuse? I really AM big boned!! ROFL!

I am 5''10" and I have to buy mens gloves and have never been able to wear a womens watch without adding links or swapping out the band for a mens band!

OH, and I had to have a waiver when I was in the Air Force so that they wouldn''t put me on the ''fat boy'' program... because at a size 4, I weighed 178lbs!!!

I want to see some lovely ladies hands that are size 7 or bigger!
31.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Lucky Texan I hear you about the ring sizes - I''m small, but my fingers are like my dads, chubby. I look like I have the hands of a 3 year old, all dimpled and everything. So my size 7 seems like a beast compared to most ladies here!

The plus of being a size 7 in rings? That is the standard jewelry store size, so I never have to get anything sized up or down.
25.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I have a large frame as well. 5'8" with what I like to call "an athletic build". I have large hands and feet (size 9-9.5). My kids say my hands have so many veins and look like grandpa's. Well..they do a bit, since I inherited his "Fred Flinstone hands/feet" I wear a 6.5 on my ring finger, but it's difficult to get it off, over the large knuckle. I think the average ring size is a 7, which is why stores stock that size, so if that's you..you save a ton of re-sizing!! I hate my hands and feet, however, I am grateful to have all my fingers and toes..so I won't really complain..there are worst things to have!!

2danes

Shiny_Rock
I hear you Lucky Texan! My ring is currently a 7.5, but on top of that, I have wrinkly, big knuckled, man-hands! It didn'' stop me from getting a pretty, delicate setting this time around!
Oh, and I''m actually small in stature (5 foot 4) I too inherited my daddy"s hands, oh well!

Annie

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
I TOTALLY hear you!
35.gif

I am also "big boned" - seriously!
31.gif

I wear a size 9 and just can''t get over how many women in this forum have small, slender, and dainty fingers. I''m a bit jealous. I''ve always had to deal with having big fingers. I am overweight and my fingers do decrease is chubbiness when I lose weight - I have a goal, so we''ll see. Not that I am going to have a beautiful diamond on my finger anyway...
15.gif

I don''t have any hand pics because I have no rings on my hands...but when/if I ever do, I will post them up!
41.gif

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 1:19:48 PM
Author: beau13
I have a large frame as well. 5''8'' with what I like to call ''an athletic build''. I have large hands and feet (size 9-9.5). My kids say my hands have so many veins and look like grandpa''s. Well..they do a bit, since I inherited his ''Fred Flinstone hands/feet'' I wear a 6.5 on my ring finger, but it''s difficult to get it off, over the large knuckle. I think the average ring size is a 7, which is why stores stock that size, so if that''s you..you save a ton of re-sizing!! I hate my hands and feet, however, I am grateful to have all my fingers and toes..so I won''t really complain..there are worst things to have!!
Big feet? ROFL!!! I''m an 11 on a good day
emotion-40.gif
I''d give up one of my feet to have 9.5''s haha!!! (kidding of course) hehe!

ON TOP of being big... when I was a little girl we had a house fire, and I was burned, so I have very old lady looking hands... when my rings are finished I''ll post pics... and you''ll see what I mean!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have size 8 fingers too-I''ve quite a few pictures in this thread- here

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am an 8.5 also, and I am 5.9 tall and take size 8 shoes ( European size so I think that is a US 9), so you are not alone!
9.gif

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 2:11:10 PM
Author: bee*
I have size 8 fingers too-I've quite a few pictures in this thread- here

But your fingers don't look big - they look proportional. Mine are chubby.
Oh, and by the way, I love your ring - I want the Lucida bezel...did you consider that one style at all?

I have size 9-9.5 fingers and size 9-9.5 feet.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
You know, I used to feel the same way Lucky. When I got married (22 years ago) I was a size 8 and thought I had HUGE fingers. I am the same size as I was then yet my ring finger sizes changed. I am now a 6 3/4 on my left hand and a 7 on my right hand. No finger lipo was used! I don''t know how or why it happened but don''t give up....it could happen to you too!!!!!! A size 8 really isn''t that big, only when you compare it to the ladies with size 4''s! When you go into the stores and the rings are too small (I am all too familiar with that, even now), think about the ladies with the sizes 3,4 and 5....the rings are all too big for them! Don''t worry about it, it''s all good! It''s all about the bling!
30.gif

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
ME!

Right now, my ring size is a 10. Even when I''m very skinny, my ring size only goes down to about 7.5. I inherited my dad''s fat fingers. Unlike his, they''re quite long though, so it''s not too bad.

I must admit, though, that I envy my mother''s elegant hands. Her fingers are just as long as mine, but they''re very slender. Her wedding ring is tiny.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''ll raise my big ol'' hands to join the "big fingers" club. I joke that my hands comprise 25% of my weight. I''m only 5''4" and I wear a size 8. You know what''s worse? My husband wears a size 7! Over the weekend I borrowed his golf glove because I forgot mine and I stretched it out so much that it didn''t fit him any more! Ugh!

But I''ve grown to love my man hands--I can palm a basketball, plus I like having larger hands for rock climbing. Oh, and more finger surface area=more diamonds that can be seen :)

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I inherited my dad''s hands, too - I know how you feel!

My finger size isn''t very big, and my hands are proportional, but they are large. I have to wear mens gloves and my hands are significantly longer than my female friends, my sisters, and even bigger than some of my male friends!

What drives me crazy is that the rest of me is on the average to small size - 5''2", healthy weight, size 6 shoes! My hands are almost as big as my feet!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 2:23:14 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I''ll raise my big ol'' hands to join the ''big fingers'' club. I joke that my hands comprise 25% of my weight. I''m only 5''4'' and I wear a size 8. You know what''s worse? My husband wears a size 7! Over the weekend I borrowed his golf glove because I forgot mine and I stretched it out so much that it didn''t fit him any more! Ugh!

But I''ve grown to love my man hands--I can palm a basketball, plus I like having larger hands for rock climbing. Oh, and more finger surface area=more diamonds that can be seen :)
Ditto and YES!!!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I have fat fingers! Although, my finger is getting smaller, my ring is a size 8.5! I hope it gets smaller before the wedding!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 2:14:32 PM
Author: Elegant
Date: 7/1/2008 2:11:10 PM

Author: bee*

I have size 8 fingers too-I''ve quite a few pictures in this thread- here

But your fingers don''t look big - they look proportional. Mine are chubby.

Oh, and by the way, I love your ring - I want the Lucida bezel...did you consider that one style at all?

I have size 9-9.5 fingers and size 9-9.5 feet.

Thank you! I just didn''t post the photos where they looked really chubby
3.gif

I was looking at the bezel lucida but the square one was always my dream ring and I just loved how it looked. The bezel is a beauty though.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yep. I wear a 7 1/2 and have been buying men''s gloves for years. Hmmmmm, maybe that''s why I don''t like dainty rings for myself....
2.gif

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
My ring is a 7.25, although it''s made larger to accommodate the horseshoe sizer. My fingers are probably a 6.5 to 7, depending on the weather and how tight I want the ring to be. (Hence the sizer.) Plus - my hands, they ain''t dainty. Functional, yes. Dainty, no. I have always wanted long, delicate fingers and teeny bones, but it''s not going to happen. I think, as I get older, I''m getting used to them.

I posted this picture when I first got my ring, but I can''t resist posting it again, since I''m still totally in love with it. (And my FI, fortunately.)

pjeanspad.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto on the not alone part! I''m 5''9" and wear a size 10 shoe - finger size is 7.5 on the left, 8 on the right!

1.04 Carat Solitaire

k9hsun3.jpg

And my 1.07 Carat right hand ring

k9bevkhand.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a size 8.5 on my left and a 9.0 on my right, I am 4 ft 11 inches
38.gif
Even when I am really thin I wear a size 7, my shoe size is a 6
32.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 1:42:33 PM
Author: LuckyTexan

Date: 7/1/2008 1:08:41 PM
Author: Deelight
Lucky Texan This thread might help you out :) Show me your size 7''s and up
Oh thank you!
I''m hoping there are more than that
emotion-18.gif

Are we that rare?

Seriously I didn''t even think my ring size (6.5 left Ring Finger and 7 Right) was big until I joined PS (and in reality, I don''t really think I wear a big size because my hands are proportional to my size). I couldn''t believe the one poster that was a 2.75... that wouldn''t even go halfway down my pinkie!!

And like MonkeyPie pointed out, the standard sizes in most jewelry stores are 7... and I don''t think that is an accident...

face23.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

I have huge fingers. I have gained a little bit of weight (maybe like 20 pounds) over the past year. What can I say, I''m in college!
3.gif
Anyways I was just measured for a ring that I am having made for my left middle finger and my ring size was a 9.5!!! My shoe size is about an 8 (the smallest in my family - my sister wears a ten, my mom an eleven, my brother a 14!). I feel like my fingers are HUGE and fat, but I have stubby limbs... My legs have big calves, but since everything on my body is that way, it''s proportional. I have always wanted finger lipo-- but I am sure if I tried really hard, and lose weight, my fingers would drop maybe a size, making my fingers still huge on PS.

I like them anyways!
26.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t even know there were women out there with size 3 fingers until PS!! I''m also 5''10" and wear a 6.5.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 10:09:40 PM
Author: Burk
I didn''t even know there were women out there with size 3 fingers until PS!! I''m also 5''10'' and wear a 6.5.
Me neither!!!
I thought that like 5 was the smallest for women for some reason! LOL!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I wear 8.25 but don''t consider myself to be a big person, really. I wear sizes 10-12. My feet are big, though (size 10). People are always surprised that I''m short (5 feet 3) and have such big feet.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m short with fairly small wrists but I have larger-sized fingers. They don''t look large, I don''t have man hands, but when I put a ring on the size is a larger one. I typically buy rings for my left ring finger from 6.5-7.5 depending on the weather. It never seemed that large until I came here
7.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I have big fingers, but no serious bling yet to contribute to threads like "show me your 7s and up." When I do, though, no worries, I will post!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results