shape
carat
color
clarity

Any ideas for a band for this ring?

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
This is my new engagement ring and my new band. For some reason, I don’t care for them together. Maybe too much metal and not enough bling? I’ve been struggling trying to find ideas for a different band. I really like the idea of an eternity band, but the one I bought just isn’t working. BC99C80E-6881-4B8C-A0A1-4B7174E2BD83.jpeg Any ide 12ADFA1C-E8BF-42F9-A2A4-51D1A61058A1.jpeg as? C517E6E9-B7AC-424C-B90E-6A42909CFB4B.jpeg

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I met with Ari at SingleStone because he is cutting a diamond for me for another project and he thought I should add a third ring. But I’m not loving that either 706DAF6E-0F86-4579-9A32-3D2511C168C2.jpeg I think 05D807D7-4990-4BDE-ABA4-FA50D76AE462.jpeg I’m looking for more bling. F093613E-B1E3-490B-8CAA-9AEDA09F69CE.jpeg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your halo! But it’s pretty substantial on its own. I’ve come to terms with the fact that some rings looks better when they are not paired. Have you considered wearing it solo?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just my opinion, of course, but I think the halo is the problem. It's out of proportion with the rest of the diamonds - both in the shank of the e-ring and also in the eternity. If it were mine, I'd have it reset - same band, but into a cluster, not a halo, and I'd have diamonds in the cluster the same size as you have in your eternity. The balance would be better and it would return the focus to the e-ring, while maintaining better harmony with the eternity.

Would add to both of them and would be a major bling fest!

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
This is just my opinion, of course, but I think the halo is the problem. It's out of proportion with the rest of the diamonds - both in the shank of the e-ring and also in the eternity. If it were mine, I'd have it reset - same band, but into a cluster, not a halo, and I'd have diamonds in the cluster the same size as you have in your eternity. The balance would be better and it would return the focus to the e-ring, while maintaining better harmony with the eternity.

Would add to both of them and would be a major bling fest!

there is something off about something. I have to try to envision what you are saying. I’m really new at jewelry (even though I’m an old lady:razz:). Do you have any pics of what you mean.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I‘m with @nala on this one. A classical stand alone. Not necessary to take away from the main piece with adding more bling.

there is something off about something. I have to try to envision what you are saying. I’m really new at jewelry (even though I’m an old lady:razz:). Do you have any pics of what you mean.

I think Mrs B is trying to say that the size of the melee in the halo is too small while compared to the shank of your e-ring and the eternity. If you were to size up the halo so that the size of the stones in the halo were the same as the size of the stones in the eternity, it would look more cohesive to the eye.

I think it’s a good suggestion. The ring and the eternity, while matching, don’t make for a cohesive look, they’re fighting for attention. If you don’t want to reset your ring (and it’s done very well, looks really pretty, so I can understand wanting to leave it alone!), I like nala’s suggestion of either wearing your ring alone, or Snowdrop’s suggestion of pairing it with a thin plain band so that your ring is star of the show. You can always wear your eternity as an RHR, or maybe on your index finger (perhaps even stacked with the pretty YG band). Then you’ll have 4 rings on your hand but all of them will be able to command an appropriate amount of attention while still having great bling factor.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @mrs-b about the halo's proportions being off... IMO, it seems like there is just too much going on... I would pair it with a slimmer band with some negative space. Right now, it looks like it could be one super thick band. It would also look lovely as a stand alone ring, like @nala suggested. **only my opinion, so take with a grain of salt**

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I like your current band with your ering! I think it looks complementary. I guess I’m not sure why you don’t like it - you mentioned too much metal - maybe you’d prefer a band without metal on the sides?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with the others that say wear it as a stand alone. The band on your ering is certainly wide enough and doesnt need another band competing with
it. If I wanted more bling I would add it to my right hand.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Mrs B's suggestion of resetting, but I also like the engagement ring as it is, only without the bands. I would personally wear the engagement ring with a skinny plain band that doesn't compete, and the two other bands on the right hand. I think they complement each other well.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are great. Thanks a ton. I’m very close to Los Angeles, so I think I’ll swing by David Klass or something (Suggestions?). This ring has already been done TWICE (yeap, long story and I’ve paid for it twice) and although I like the jeweler that did it, she just does whatever I say and although that may seem good, it is nice because I’m not a designer. I did show Ari at Singlestone (he is cutting a diamond for something else), but he is super nice and would not tell me what was “off” about it. In addition, he is likely out of my price point as he is very expensive. Can anyone sketch or have photos of what it should look like? All I know is that when I see a pretty ring, I love it— but it is really challenging getting there

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are great. Thanks a ton. I’m very close to Los Angeles, so I think I’ll swing by David Klass or something (Suggestions?). This ring has already been done TWICE (yeap, long story and I’ve paid for it twice) and although I like the jeweler that did it, she just does whatever I say and although that may seem good, it is nice because I’m not a designer. I did show Ari at Singlestone (he is cutting a diamond for something else), but he is super nice and would not tell me what was “off” about it. In addition, he is likely out of my price point as he is very expensive. Can anyone sketch or have photos of what it should look like? All I know is that when I see a pretty ring, I love it— but it is really challenging getting there

Talk with David Klass and check out his Instagram page for additional inspiration.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your question was about the band and now it seems you want to switch the whole setting? Is it because you don’t like it or your need to wear a band with it.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Your question was about the band and now it seems you want to switch the whole setting? Is it because you don’t like it or your need to wear a band with it.

I’m just not sure at this point. There is something off with both. Today, I’m wearing the engagement ring solo and it is better. I think you guys are right about the top halo

L

lydial

@NicoleNeedsHelp Hi, I am not a fan of such a bling fest for myself... BUT you already have it. And it is a lot of fun to look at. There is nothing awful about it. It looks expensive and dramatic. So for the E-ring: I think it is just fine as is. The eternity is absolutely beautiful. Maybe do an e-ring do-over later once you get sick of this style (maybe a solitaire with that wedder?) - at that time you can repurpose the e-ring as a colored stone RHR. For now: I personally think a simple thin contrasting metal "spacer" (like RG or YG), maybe a 2 mm milgrain (like my wedder in my avatar) or 2 mm engraved band - would add a touch of differentiation to your stack. Instead of the wavy YG band you tried. Something a little thinner.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
@NicoleNeedsHelp Hi, I am not a fan of such a bling fest for myself... BUT you already have it. And it is a lot of fun to look at. There is nothing awful about it. It looks expensive and dramatic. So for the E-ring: I think it is just fine as is. The eternity is absolutely beautiful. Maybe do an e-ring do-over later once you get sick of this style (maybe a solitaire with that wedder?) - at that time you can repurpose the e-ring as a colored stone RHR. For now: I personally think a simple thin contrasting metal "spacer" (like RG or YG), maybe a 2 mm milgrain (like my wedder in my avatar) or 2 mm engraved band - would add a touch of differentiation to your stack. Instead of the wavy YG band you tried. Something a little thinner.

Thanks! Nice tips

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m just not sure at this point. There is something off with both. Today, I’m wearing the engagement ring solo and it is better. I think you guys are right about the top halo

You may want to reach out to Caysie Van Bebber (of CVB Inspired Design)... she is an incredible artist and designer and can walk you through everything. Her work is exemplary. She is also on IG.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness, OP came here for ideas about bands and now it’s morphed into a reset of her new e-ring! Perhaps now that you have tried wearing it solo @NicoleNeedsHelp, you can appreciate the beauty on it’s own. Some rings look better that way. OP, I hope we haven’t sowed seeds of doubt about your beautiful ring!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness, OP came here for ideas about bands and now it’s morphed into a reset of her e-ring! Perhaps now that you have tried wearing it solo @NicoleNeedsHelp, you can appreciate the beauty on it’s own. Some rings look better that way. OP, I hope we haven’t sowed seeds of doubt about your beautiful ring!

This!! Is what what I was implying!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I think the e-ring looks beautiful as is. Maybe try on a different colored spacer or a thicker (3-4mm) wedding ring to balance out the e-ring

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I really appreciate you guys! If my biggest problem is what kind of band to wear with my e- ring, then my life is pretty great. I’m going to see David Klass on Thursday to explore all options. The e- ring and band are brand new so I’m trying not to have it recast again. Who knows..... I’ll update you on Thursday.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful ring and I love everything about it. I like it best by itself, although I love the diamond band too - just not so much together.

It would be worth trying it with an eternity that is narrower or a plain band. I also think a third band like Ari suggested, but in a narrower size would be pretty.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it needs a much thinner wedding band paired with it. How about a skinny engraved or skinny pave band?

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Goodness, OP came here for ideas about bands and now it’s morphed into a reset of her new e-ring! Perhaps now that you have tried wearing it solo @NicoleNeedsHelp, you can appreciate the beauty on it’s own. Some rings look better that way. OP, I hope we haven’t sowed seeds of doubt about your beautiful ring!

No worries at all! I tend to be indecisive (if you couldn’t tell :roll2:). I appreciate all of the feedback.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I’m going to try on some bands on Thursday at David Klass and also get his opinion on the e-ring. I will post pics and we can pick a winner. I do really appreciate the advice. I would have never thought of a thin band, my mind told me that the band needed to be the same mm as the e-ring. I have a super cheap silver band from Kohl’s and that looks way better than the thick band.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you look at thinner bands at David Klass Jewelry, try something with diamonds the same size as your melee. I think the problem is just that you have so much going on here, the combination is pulling you in 2 different directions at once - larger stones, as in the bands of both your rings, and smaller diamonds, as in your halo. Add to that, that the larger stones in both bands are bead set (ie you have metal 'rails' either side of the stones in your eternity and in your e-ring), but your halo is pave set (no rails - just tiny prongs) and, again, it emphasizes 2 different looks in the one set.

I love both bands, and your center stone seems great. I'd just ditch the halo and re-do it with stones the same size as your eternity (a cluster is just a halo done with larger stones). This would change the proportions to put the emphasis back on your e-ring, and would bring some coherence between all the small stones. It would be a big look - but a beautiful one, Im thinking!

And just to add - your yellow gold eternity is gorgeous!!

Good luck!

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
If you look at thinner bands at David Klass Jewelry, try something with diamonds the same size as your melee. I think the problem is just that you have so much going on here, the combination is pulling you in 2 different directions at once - larger stones, as in the bands of both your rings, and smaller diamonds, as in your halo. Add to that, that the larger stones in both bands are bead set (ie you have metal 'rails' either side of the stones in your eternity and in your e-ring), but your halo is pave set (no rails - just tiny prongs) and, again, it emphasizes 2 different looks in the one set.

I love both bands, and your center stone seems great. I'd just ditch the halo and re-do it with stones the same size as your eternity (a cluster is just a halo done with larger stones). This would change the proportions to put the emphasis back on your e-ring, and would bring some coherence between all the small stones. It would be a big look - but a beautiful one, Im thinking!

And just to add - your yellow gold eternity is gorgeous!!

Good luck!

Thanks! I do really appreciate the analysis. Is your thought for the cluster something like this photo?

Unfortunately, the yellow gold eternity is not mine— I was at Singlestone for another project and was playing around with Ari. The yellow band is amazing- all OECs- but MAN, that band was expensive! It is on the website, so I think that I can say-$7000 just for that yellow gold eternity, just a little over a carat. OUCH

2F6EAB4E-3FAC-4107-88CB-6D799EAA8851.png

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i'm on team thin metal band, plain or with antique style engraving. eternity band as a rhr perhaps?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results