shape
carat
color
clarity

any hiphop/ professional athletes on here with bling?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Your cross is ok OP but I''ve seen more bling on the kids here in Juvie court.... your diamonds look a little cloudy btw... or maybe its just the way they are cut?

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Okay, Legacy takes the cake with that!

I''m just hoping I''m on your good side - and SDL''s too!

Date: 2/20/2008 2:55:34 PM
Author: LegacyGirl
Your cross is ok OP but I''ve seen more bling on the kids here in Juvie court.... your diamonds look a little cloudy btw... or maybe its just the way they are cut?
I seriously almost spit out my tea all over the monitor. And I''m laughing so much that I can barely type...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 3:02:28 PM
Author: sweetjettagirl04
Okay, Legacy takes the cake with that!

I''m just hoping I''m on your good side - and SDL''s too!

Date: 2/20/2008 2:55:34 PM
I seriously almost spit out my tea all over the monitor. And I''m laughing so much that I can barely type...
Would you post something like that if a woman posted her jewelry on the SMTR forum? And we''re calling the OP rude?
20.gif

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn''t - just because I''m outspoken doesn''t mean I would say exactly what I think at all times. For me, there''s a time and place for everything.

But, offense can be taken to the OP''s original comment of "women on this forum with their tiny diamond pieces", so I think that''s why some people''s feathers are ruffled by the comment - and choose to speak their minds as they see fit.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 10:30:25 AM
Author: bee*
Date: 2/20/2008 9:58:06 AM

Author: Ellen

You tell him SDL.
paddle.gif

2.gif

I''m in love with that smilie Ellen!

Go SDL!

I love this menacing emoticon dude!--->
paddle.gif
So funny!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 3:25:36 PM
I wouldn''t - just because I''m outspoken doesn''t mean I would say exactly what I think at all times. For me, there''s a time and place for everything.

But, offense can be taken to the OP''s original comment of ''women on this forum with their tiny diamond pieces'', so I think that''s why some people''s feathers are ruffled by the comment - and choose to speak their minds as they see fit.
Some people are just quick to get offended. At least SDL had some class about it and said she may have taken the comment the wrong way. Everyone has a right to perceive things as they see fit. But that last comment was just really classless, IMHO. I wouldn''t ever say anything like that about anyone''s piece on here, no matter how much I didn''t like it. To insult a specific piece, even with the perception that a general insult may have been made...well...
20.gif

And hello...the topic is pro athletes and hip hop bling...have you seen what they wear? Nearly everything on PS would be considered dainty or "tiny." Because hello...we''re WOMEN.

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
You''ve got a point - to see NFL players with huge honkin earrings in while they''re playing the game - I always wonder if they hurt or dig in if they take a big hit? Hmm...

I didn''t mean to offend anyone by any means - I found the comment more comical than demeaning, which is why I commented on it.
emembarrassed.gif

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn''t agree more with deco and travelinggal... I''m shocked by the lack of tact in some of the responses.
emotion-18.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
What do you think?

Troll.....?

doyousmelltroll.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 3:40:18 PM
You''ve got a point - to see NFL players with huge honkin earrings in while they''re playing the game - I always wonder if they hurt or dig in if they take a big hit? Hmm...
Of course, it all depends on the professional team.

This was in yesterday''s paper about the Minnesota Twins and the new players showing up at the start of spring training.

The caption reads:
"New Twins pitcher Livan Hernandez talked to Ron Gardenhire on Monday. The manager wasn’t fond of Hernandez’s earrings: ''We don’t wear bling-blings out on the field.'' "

twin0219cover1.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just want to say that I apologize if anyone took my first response as rude--I was really just trying to be funny with the comment about the mouthpiece bling. I''m a teacher, failed humor seems to be part of the job. Sorry if it was misunderstood.

(Original post:
Aw, come on--with a title like that I was expecting to see some major bling! Where''s your mouthpiece with your diamond-studded hometown nickname blazing across the front? )

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 6:14:13 PM
Author: Haven
I just want to say that I apologize if anyone took my first response as rude--I was really just trying to be funny with the comment about the mouthpiece bling. I''m a teacher, failed humor seems to be part of the job. Sorry if it was misunderstood.

(Original post:
Aw, come on--with a title like that I was expecting to see some major bling! Where''s your mouthpiece with your diamond-studded hometown nickname blazing across the front? )
I don''t think yours was one that stepped over the line, Haven. At least I didn''t read it that way. I read it as the joke you intended
2.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Musey. I didn''t want to offend and from the amount of eye-rolling that goes on in my classroom I figured I''d better qualify my first response!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Geze ladies calm down. My comment was meant to be funny as I took the OP''s comment to our "tiny" pieces to mean.

Oh and it wasn''t far from the truth... you should see the way these little gangsters walk up in here.. You guys want to see bling pop on down to your local juvenie courthouse with your sunglasses on
10.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 7:12:10 PM
Geze ladies calm down. My comment was meant to be funny as I took the OP''s comment to our ''tiny'' pieces to mean.

Oh and it wasn''t far from the truth... you should see the way these little gangsters walk up in here.. You guys want to see bling pop on down to your local juvenie courthouse with your sunglasses on
10.gif
I could see how you could mean it to be funny. And honestly, most of the time I am snark lover.

But how is it funny to say someone''s diamonds look cloudy?

Or not well cut?

It''s the C: all of the above combo that I found a bit tactless and snide. But obviously you don''t think so.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 6:28:29 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
On the educmacation tip ... I believe you mean respective threads.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 7:16:49 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 2/20/2008 7:12:10 PM
Geze ladies calm down. My comment was meant to be funny as I took the OP''s comment to our ''tiny'' pieces to mean.

10.gif
I could see how you could mean it to be funny. And honestly, most of the time I am snark lover.

But how is it funny to say someone''s diamonds look cloudy?

Or not well cut?

It''s the C: all of the above combo that I found a bit tactless and snide. But obviously you don''t think so.
Well its my fault because I always forget sarcastic comments don''t transfer well over the internet and if I would have read the whole thread I would have stayed out of it. I spend most of my time on Sportbike forums where this is the normal type of behavior. I, personally, took the OPs post as funny and looking for the same type of reply. It was not meant to offend anyone and I wish I would have read the rest of the thread because I wouldn''t have made the comment at all since people are so sensitive here. It''s the internet people... I hate internet drama...
15.gif

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 7:42:49 PM
Author: Sparkles22
Date: 2/20/2008 7:27:52 PM

Author: CaptAubrey

Okay, it''s time to confess: The Capt knows so much about diamonds because he''s actually a rap artist in real life Here''s a recent photo:
OMG how do you stand up straight? Isn''t that HEAVY!

5 lbs + 73 carats.

Here is where I get most of my stuff. Got to love that diamond AK-47 pendant!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
*Threadjack* CaptAubrey, just have to say I love your screen name and avatar! I''ve been a big fan of the Aubrey/Maturin books for ages! I knew several people involved in the movies as well (mainly as sailing extras). /threadjack

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I don''t know what the OPs intentions were, but I have to say that I didn''t take it well either. I don''t particularly find anything classy about the jewelry that the hip hoppers and pro-athletes wear. I don''t like the image that it sends to our youth, particularly young minority males, but maybe that''s just me. I spend my days trying to teach kids Algebra, but somehow that doesn''t compete with striking it rich as a rapper or basketball player.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t take offense to his comments at all. For his "genre" of hip hop or sports bling, our jewelry pieces may be considered small. He said "tiny diamond pieces" not "tiny diamonds". I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Not trying to offend anyone, but it sounds like some may have been taking it a little personal.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe what he meant was something other than e-rings, solitare pendants, etc
33.gif
. By hip/hop I figured he meant large as in the size of the piece, rather than a singlel diamond... if that makes sense. So for example his cross is really large for a single piece, meaning like it's probably 3 inches or so... that is just my guess.

ETA: Or maybe like the celebrity rings thread... only necklaces and other pieces also?
33.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Leon Mege has a man''s ring on his website made for an NFL athlete. (The band next to it is a 4.5 size micropave ring.)

I kinda like it even though I''ve never been crazy for diamonds on a man''s band.

NFL-123.JPG

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
That''s pretty cool! I wonder what size it is!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooohhhhh! I love that ring!!! I would love to get FI that; wonder if he''d wear it...?

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 10:59:49 AM
Author: CDNinNYC
Leon Mege has a man''s ring on his website made for an NFL athlete. (The band next to it is a 4.5 size micropave ring.)

I kinda like it even though I''ve never been crazy for diamonds on a man''s band.

I kind of want something like that, but definitely not that big and blingy. I also want princess cut, but I''m not sure I could pull it off. You guys should see Elton John''s band, it''s ginormous.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that ring would be a bangle on most of us ladies.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
CD, that is SUCH a cool picture. I like how he put the other band in there for a size reference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results