shape
carat
color
clarity

any hiphop/ professional athletes on here with bling?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whotheyare

Shiny_Rock
or is it only women on this forum with their tiny diamond pieces? here is my new cross somewhere between 3-4ct vs-vvs 14k white gold but ill get appraised soon: this is under good lights that make the diamonds sparkle see pic below

Anyone else with mens hiphop/ pro athlete type jewelry pieces? (basically big pieces)

onetwo.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try posting in "Show me the ring" or in "Jewelry pieces" you may get more responses there since Rocky Talk is mostly about getting help choosing a diamond.

And I suspect that most of the people on here are women who like "tiny" diamonds, though I'm not sure I'd call some of the honkers on here "tiny"!

Very nice cross, BTW!

DD
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 11:09:51 PM
Author:whotheyare
or is it only women on this forum with their tiny diamond pieces? here is my new cross somewhere between 3-4ct vs-vvs 14k white gold but ill get appraised soon: this is under good lights that make the diamonds sparkle see pic below

Anyone else with mens hiphop/ pro athlete type jewelry pieces? (basically big pieces)
lol I think a few on here might take offense to that remark.
2.gif

Like maybe, these.
9.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 7:43:59 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 2/19/2008 11:09:51 PM
Author:whotheyare

lol I think a few on here might take offense to that remark.
2.gif

Like maybe,these.
9.gif
I think it would be safe to say that that is just the tip of the PS iceberg, lol!! **swoon**

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You tell him SDL.
paddle.gif

2.gif

vslover

Shiny_Rock
hmm I''m thinking you were trying to be offensive with your "tiny" comment...but you are aware that one ideal cut diamond that is 2 carats is worth a lot more than a bunch of tiny diamonds that add up to 3 or 4 carats, right?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, come on--with a title like that I was expecting to see some major bling! Where''s your mouthpiece with your diamond-studded hometown nickname blazing across the front?
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 9:58:06 AM
Author: Ellen
You tell him SDL.
paddle.gif

2.gif

I'm in love with that smilie Ellen!
Go SDL!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 10:30:23 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Oh my stars, I am so unbelievably annoyed.
Oh, don''t be, really. I found it rather amusing.
2.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ha, this was funny too read!
I''m still trying to figure out why that cross is considered "big" bling..
27.gif
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

If there were ever a doubt about the association between the male psyche and obsession about quantitative variables; let this thread show empirically that, ahem..............size matters.
9.gif
11.gif

cheers--Sharon

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 10:37:20 AM
Author: Angel7
Ha, this was funny too read!
I''m still trying to figure out why that cross is considered ''big'' bling..
27.gif
9.gif
Ditto! I mean, we see single stones of that weight around here frequently. Whatever.
20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 10:40:27 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

If there were ever a doubt about the association between the male psyche and obsession about quantitative variables; let this thread show empirically that, ahem..............size matters.
9.gif
11.gif

cheers--Sharon
lol.gif

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Five bucks says SDL scared him away...
31.gif

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i saw this thread last night in rocky talky and tried not to mouth off like a big you know what...some of the others ladies on this thread have managed to say it much more nicely than i would have!!!

3-4 carats of 7 pointers, with some of then being chipped as per your appraisal, is not exactly something worth putting down an entire legion of women with "tiny" diamonds.

watch your words, you come off as a hater...

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock

Aww, you guys, come on, s/he couldn''t have been trying to sound PARIS HILTON on purpose?

(unless whotheyare actually IS Paris H. gone all gangsta???!!!!)

whotheyare, the words you were probably looking for but couldn''t remember for the life of you when you first posted - presumably because you use them often - that can and should replace "TINY" would be "elegant, delicate, subtle, feminine, but in any case understated, tasteful, and classy."

In any case, please do come back and apologize (or provide us with good reason to reassess some of the 9+ carats here and the ginormous tiaras/crowns/stomachers in the Royal Jewels thread as "tiny"), and start over with these ladies (and gentlemen). They''re usually not this riled up, you know. To give you the benefit of the doubt, I''m sure you''re usually not that tactless, either. From what I''ve seen, they are surely understanding enough to appreciate your type of jewelry, but only when it''s accompanied by civilized manners. Your cross is lovely, by the way, and I would be proud just like you to own one as such.

I can''t help posting this picture though; maybe what you had in mind was something like this caricature of Andre Rison (of the Raiders, as you must know):

***meanie alert***

792f_1265310_t_jpg-story.jpg

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Nobody likes rude people!
38.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
OP, thanks for the good laugh this morning.

is it only women on this forum with their tiny diamond pieces?

this is under good lights that make the diamonds sparkle

(basically big pieces)

joflier

Ideal_Rock
deleted

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 10:12:12 AM
Author: vslover
hmm I'm thinking you were trying to be offensive with your 'tiny' comment...but you are aware that one ideal cut diamond that is 2 carats is worth a lot more than a bunch of tiny diamonds that add up to 3 or 4 carats, right?
LOL, reminds me of the kid at the Verizon kiosk at the mall the other day. I was with my daughter, and stopped to aks a question about one of the phones. The guy grabbed my hand and was examining my rings. He asked me how many carats and when I told him, he says, "Well I got you beat! Here is some SERIOUS bling" and proceedsd to pull out a cross that he said was between 3.5-4 carats. My daughter just shook her head! He went on to say that because he had more carat weight, his cross was worth more than my ring. I just laughed at him and said, "I don't think so, honey! One large quality stone is worth a lot more than a bunch of small diamond chips" Heck, my bands alone were probably worth more, lol!
9.gif

The OP is the same guy who posted here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-come-the-diamonds-dont-sparkle.66704/ asking why his diamonds didn't sparkle, but the pic wasn't even close enough to really see the diamonds - it was obvious he just wanted to show off his toys (if they were even his)...

And, to the OP, how come your post says you are going to get it appraised soon when, according to one of your other posts, you had an appraisal done already and it came in lower than what you expected???

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
20.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here ya go...here you'll see some serious bling...
27.gif

bling bling

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh geez ... I did not take offense to the original question. Why assume he means "tiny" in a derogatory manner? Delicate, feminine, tiny ... whatever. He obvs wants to see MEN''S JEWELRY. *That* was the meaning behind his question if I''m reading it right.

OP, not too many fellas on here who are jewelery collectors THEMSELVES. But you may have found a biz idea!! Why not start your own forum?? Seems that there are groups of fellas who LOVE LOVE LOVE the bling -- in many different forms.

9.gif

(can you see my *tiny* grill?)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 12:53:17 PM
Author: mrssalvo
here ya go...here you''ll see some serious bling...
27.gif

bling bling
Way to go Mrssalvo!! (Now THAT''s a CROSS)

blingcross.jpg

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 12:41:57 PM
Author: ImpatientOne

hmm I''m thinking you were trying to be offensive with your ''tiny'' comment...but you are aware that one ideal cut diamond that is 2 carats is worth a lot more than a bunch of tiny diamonds that add up to 3 or 4 carats, right?
LOL, reminds me of the kid at the Verizon kiosk at the mall the other day. I was with my daughter, and stopped to aks a question about one of the phones. The guy grabbed my hand and was examining my rings. He asked me how many carats and when I told him, he says, ''Well I got you beat! Here is some SERIOUS bling'' and proceedsd to pull out a cross that he said was between 3.5-4 carats. My daughter just shook her head! He went on to say that because he had more carat weight, his cross was worth more than my ring. I just laughed at him and said, ''I don''t think so, honey! One large quality stone is worth a lot more than a bunch of small diamond chips'' Heck, my bands alone were probably worth more, lol!
9.gif

The OP is the same guy who posted here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-come-the-diamonds-dont-sparkle.66704/ asking why his diamonds didn''t sparkle, but the pic wasn''t even close enough to really see the diamonds - it was obvious he just wanted to show off his toys (if they were even his)...

And, to the OP, how come your post says you are going to get it appraised soon when, according to one of your other posts, you had an appraisal done already and it came in lower than what you expected???
May I say you raised your daughter well?
31.gif
She should be on the boards! lol

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 1:09:17 PM
Author: onvacation
Author: ImpatientOn
you are aware that one ideal cut diamond that is 2 carats is worth a lot more than a bunch of tiny diamonds that add up to 3 or 4 carats, right?
The guy grabbed my hand and was examining my rings. He asked me how many carats and when I told him, he says, 'Well I got you beat! Here is some SERIOUS bling' and proceedsd to pull out a cross that he said was between 3.5-4 carats. My daughter just shook her head!
May I say you raised your daughter well?
31.gif
She should be on the boards! lol

Such is the state of education in this country ... people graduate from HIGH SCHOOL, get high-paying mall kiosk jobs WITHOUT KNOWING the proper way to value DIAMONDS! OMG!!!! Perhaps they should be distributing loupes and CZ color-grading sets with those free condoms?
11.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Author: ImpatientOne

hmm I''m thinking you were trying to be offensive with your ''tiny'' comment...but you are aware that one ideal cut diamond that is 2 carats is worth a lot more than a bunch of tiny diamonds that add up to 3 or 4 carats, right?

LOL, reminds me of the kid at the Verizon kiosk at the mall the other day. I was with my daughter, and stopped to aks a question about one of the phones. The guy grabbed my hand and was examining my rings. He asked me how many carats and when I told him, he says, ''Well I got you beat! Here is some SERIOUS bling'' and proceedsd to pull out a cross that he said was between 3.5-4 carats. My daughter just shook her head! He went on to say that because he had more carat weight, his cross was worth more than my ring. I just laughed at him and said, ''I don''t think so, honey! One large quality stone is worth a lot more than a bunch of small diamond chips'' Heck, my bands alone were probably worth more, lol!
9.gif

The OP is the same guy who posted here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-come-the-diamonds-dont-sparkle.66704/ asking why his diamonds didn''t sparkle, but the pic wasn''t even close enough to really see the diamonds - it was obvious he just wanted to show off his toys (if they were even his)...

Oy yoy yoy. Poor soul. He has no clue what he is getting himself into.

Anyone familiar with Brad Paisley''s song "Cooler Online"? Lyrics are below. Kinda fits here. Hehehe
9.gif

I work down at the Pizza Pit
And I drive an old Hyundai
I still live with my mom and dad
I''m 5 foot 3 and overweight
I''m a scifi fanatic
A mild asthmatic
And I''ve never been to second base
But there''s whole ‘nother me
That you need to see
Go checkout MySpace

''Cause online I''m out in Hollywood
I''m 6 foot 5 and I look damn good
I drive a Maserati
I''m a black-belt in karate
And I love a good glass of wine
It turns girls on that I’m mysterious
I tell them I don''t want nothing serious
''Cause even on a slow day
I could have a three way
Chat with two women at one time
I’m so much cooler online
So much cooler online

When I get home I kiss my mom
And she fixes me a snack
And I head down to my basement bedroom
And fire up my Mac
In real life the only time I’ve ever even been to L.A
Is when I got the chance with the marching band
To play tuba in the Rose Parade

Online I live in Malibu
I pose for Calvin Klein, I''ve been in GQ
I''m single and I''m rich
And I''ve got a set of six pack abs that would blow your mind
It turns girls on that I’m mysterious
I tell them I don''t want nothing serious
''Cause even on a slow day
I could have a three way
Yeah, I''m cooler online

When you got my kind of stats
It’s hard to get a date
Let alone a real girlfriend
But I grow another foot and I lose a bunch of weight
Every time I login

I’m out in Hollywood
I’m 6 foot 5 and I look damn good
Even on a slow day
I could have a three way
Yeah, I’m cooler online
Yeah, I’m cooler online

Yeah, I’m cooler online

Yeah, I’ll see ya online

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 1:02:48 PM
Author: decodelighted
Oh geez ... I did not take offense to the original question. Why assume he means ''tiny'' in a derogatory manner? Delicate, feminine, tiny ... whatever. He obvs wants to see MEN''S JEWELRY. *That* was the meaning behind his question if I''m reading it right.

OP, not too many fellas on here who are jewelery collectors THEMSELVES. But you may have found a biz idea!! Why not start your own forum?? Seems that there are groups of fellas who LOVE LOVE LOVE the bling -- in many different forms.

9.gif

(can you see my *tiny* grill?)
LOL...Good to know I am not the only one who thought this way. I have not read any other posts by the OP, so I don''t know if he''s normally offensive, trollish or what, but I just took this thread to mean we all wear pretty, delicate things and not bling bling BLANG in your face sparkles.

I swear...sometimes I watch ESPN and basketball just to catch the bling. Some of those diamond studs....
23.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 12:53:17 PM
Author: mrssalvo
here ya go...here you''ll see some serious bling...
27.gif

bling bling

Wow, a section of Pearlman''s I''ve never seen. I wonder if this is what David Ortiz wears. I swear it looks like pearls on TV.
9.gif

To the OP, there are men on here, and a few who buy diamonds for themselves, but a lot of massive pave? Not really.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results