shape
carat
color
clarity

Anxiously Waiting For My DBTY Necklace with Halo Pear Diamond Pendant From Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That dainty little beauty has PRESENCE!!

Lovely!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
It is just stunning. Personally I like it much better then your inspiration piece. the halo was a genius idea!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
stunning piece. really, it is. i love that you added the halo. very nice!
36.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2010 5:22:25 PM
Author: FancyDiamond
Would you accept this as a neck shot?
OMG!! You've got two of my most favourite things in the whole wide world - diamonds and Birkin's!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Would you mind if I asked you what is the official name of that Birkin colour? It's absolutely divine!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful! It''s definitely giving me some ideas and hope to use it as inspiration!!! Enjoy!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2010 2:27:33 AM
Author: Kay

Ditto. I''ll take one of each!
2.gif

I like the spacing between the melee and would not move them closer together.

WF made me an extender piece for my RB pendant. It is 2'' long with a clasp at one end, a ring at the other end, and another ring in the middle, so I can add either 1'' or 2'' to my necklace depending on the neckline of my outfit.
Kay, Thanks for the tip about the extender design (also thanks to gemgirl about the same). I am taking your advice to leave things the way they are, spacing and length, and perhaps get an extender instead.

Bebe, the length of my necklace is suppodedly 18 inches (a bit shorter in reality) with jumper rings placed 1/2" from the clasps such that the lenght can be shortened to 17 inches. Unfortunately, the spacer ringer are very smaill (about 2mm in diameter) making it very difficult to use. I need someone to help me hook the clasps to these rings and with great efforts.

Circe - About your question regarding the whiteness of the pear diamond. At first glance, it may look white. However, if you look very closely and purposely check for color, then you will notice a slight yellow tint on the entire pear (and not just the tip). Fortunately, the ACA melees are very distracting with their sparkles AND fire, so it is not easy to detect the tint of the pear.
When I considered a pear diamond, I chose it for the shape. I knew the best pear would never be as bright and firey as an ideal RB. In real life, my pear is pretty bright, but it does not have as much fire as my ACA diamonds. Luckily, the ACA melees help out making the entire pendant look firey and bright.

To all others who provided supportive comments, thank you for your kind words. In addition to sharing my joy with you about this necklace, I want to tell my story about the necklace design and my thoughts. Hopefully, someone who is considering a custom design or getting a necklace, pear diamond, and/or halo can benefit from my experience. I feel I should give back to the PS community as I have benefited so much from the wisdom of those who posted various threads about their jewelry/diamond purchase experience.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2010 8:33:07 AM
Author: Phoenix

OMG!! You''ve got two of my most favourite things in the whole wide world - diamonds and Birkin''s!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Would you mind if I asked you what is the official name of that Birkin colour? It''s absolutely divine!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Phoenix, the color is ROUGE VIF. People describe the shade as lipstick red. I think the shade is like rose color. To give you a better idea about the true color, I am providing two photos of my birkin in dimmer indoor light (no flash). The earlier photo is also indoor (no flash), but was taken under a sky light (nearby) on a nice day (late morning).

2 Rouge Vif Birkin.jpg

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tilting the bag a bit towards the window for some more light.
These photos were taken some time ago and the files are kept in my computer for easy tracking. Now, they come in handy.

1 Rouge Vif Birkin.jpg

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
23.gif

30.gif

That necklace is GORGEOUS!!!! Congats!!!

P.S. The Birkin isn''t bad either!
2.gif

canada_ham

Shiny_Rock
it''s gorgeous! i love the picture of it with the birkin!
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
That is drop dead stunningly gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Dear FancyDiamond,

Poor Vera?? You are too sweet. I LOVE being able to help with the roller coaster ride. Just two tickets will get you a wild ride right?? Step right up one and all and take a ride on the WF spinner.
26.gif

Seriously though I truly do love to be of assistance and have been in the same shoes as each of you when going through the custom creation process and can relate to all the various stages we must go through.

Your pendant looks great and I love the images, the white suit is my favorite although it would really be complete if you were in it.

2.gif
I didn''t forget about your inquiry today and will follow up tomorrow.

Have a great evening and Thank you for your very kind words. We truly appreciate you sharing your lovely pear pendant and experience with the online community.

Vera

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2010 6:13:36 PM

OMG!! You've got two of my most favourite things in the whole wide world - diamonds and Birkin's!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Would you mind if I asked you what is the official name of that Birkin colour? It's absolutely divine!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Phoenix, the color is ROUGE VIF. People describe the shade as lipstick red. I think the shade is like rose color. To give you a better idea about the true color, I am providing two photos of my birkin in dimmer indoor light (no flash). The earlier photo is also indoor (no flash), but was taken under a sky light (nearby) on a nice day (late morning).
Thank you so much for posting the additional pics. The colour of your Birkin is my most fave, from what I've seen online!! Would you say IRL that is is more like a fuschia colour, or more like a dark dusky-pink shade? I'd love to get me a Birkin someday and hopefully I could get the same as yours.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Dainty, but HUGE at the same time!
31.gif
It''s so beautiful!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s stunning FancyDiamond! Beautiful design.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 10:25:56 AM
Author: Kelli
Wow! Dainty, but HUGE at the same time!
31.gif
It''s so beautiful!
My thoughts exactly!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG!! You''ve got two of my most favourite things in the whole wide world - diamonds and Birkin''s!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Would you mind if I asked you what is the official name of that Birkin colour? It''s absolutely divine!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
These bags are such chameleons, the colour looks like Rouge H in this photo!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2010 2:04:23 AM

Thank you so much for posting the additional pics. The colour of your Birkin is my most fave, from what I''ve seen online!! Would you say IRL that is is more like a fuschia colour, or more like a dark dusky-pink shade? I''d love to get me a Birkin someday and hopefully I could get the same as yours.
Phoenix, The last two photos best represent the color of rouge vif in real life indoor (99.9% representative). Of course, it becomes brighter red under stronger lighting (e.g., 1st photo).
The color is red with a rose undertone. It is neither dusky-pink nor fuschia. It is definitely red, and not pink at all. In one of the photos, the bag was placed against a fuschia shawl (Hermes "Kantha" in fuschia). Hope you get the idea.
I prefer rouge vif over rouge garange, which has an orange undertone. RG is quite popular among young ladies who perfer bold, "pretty", and "young" colors such as orange or fuschia. I think RV is more timeless, and can be carrried by someone 16-80+. With RG, just can''t see myself pulling it off when I am over 80 and walk with a cane.
20.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2010 12:10:53 PM

Date: 2/12/2010 2:04:23 AM

Thank you so much for posting the additional pics. The colour of your Birkin is my most fave, from what I've seen online!! Would you say IRL that is is more like a fuschia colour, or more like a dark dusky-pink shade? I'd love to get me a Birkin someday and hopefully I could get the same as yours.
Phoenix, The last two photos best represent the color of rouge vif in real life indoor (99.9% representative). Of course, it becomes brighter red under stronger lighting (e.g., 1st photo).
The color is red with a rose undertone. It is neither dusky-pink nor fuschia. It is definitely red, and not pink at all. In one of the photos, the bag was placed against a fuschia shawl (Hermes 'Kantha' in fuschia). Hope you get the idea.
I prefer rouge vif over rouge garange, which has an orange undertone. RG is quite popular among young ladies who perfer bold, 'pretty', and 'young' colors such as orange or fuschia. I think RV is more timeless, and can be carrried by someone 16-80+. With RG, just can't see myself pulling it off when I am over 80 and walk with a cane.
20.gif
Thank you for coming back with a detailed explanation one more time. It's good to have the analysis also. I love the timeless look of Birkins on the whole, but if one is more timeless than others, then that'd be *the right one* for me too.

However, having said that, I'm having problems getting an Hermes at the moment, so I'd take a RG any time, LOL!!
3.gif
2.gif
1.gif

Apologies for the t/jack. Love your necklace and the halo'ed pear. I'm seriously thinking of getting a pear pendant to go with my DBTY necklace that I'm having done. Hope you don't mind?

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your necklace is stunning!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results