shape
carat
color
clarity

Anxiously Waiting For My DBTY Necklace with Halo Pear Diamond Pendant From Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Before I left US for vacation in early December, I arranged to have a DBTY necklace + halo pear pendant made by Whiteflash. One more week, this item will be in my hands. I am very excited, yet extremely nervous. Firstly, I have never seen the pear diamond in person, and have no idea how this fancy shape diamond looks. Secondly, the design of the necklace, in terms of sizes and proportions, is from me, a novice who knows zip about jewelry design. I did as much online research as I could and got great help from pear experts like FB and tyty333 and Diamond guru Lorelei (see link to my sister, Pearsuer''s thread about pear diamond search), and largely rely on Bob(WF)''s judgement/advice. Hopefully, the piece will come out OK. Crossing my fingers nervously.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-help-me-find-a-sparkling-pear.129597/
This is the pear I got. It has the biggest dimensions possible for the money and, more importantly, a decent cut.

What inspired the design - You know how temptingly beautiful starryeyed''s DBTY/pear pendant necklace is. I want one like hers, but lack the funds. Her pear is 2.8ct!!!! I can only afford something less than $4,000 for a pear. Her DBTY necklace is spaced about half inch apart, thereby requiring over 40, 7-pt melees. With a tight budget, it is difficult to match starryeyed''s beauty. Hopefully, my version turns out acceptable and decent.

Here is a photo of starryeyed''s necklace that inspired mine.

Starryeyed 2.8 ct pear 7-pt melees.jpg

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is my design.

In order to make the pear look as big as possible, I have a halo added with 2-pt size melees.
The spacing of the 7-pt ACA melees is 1 inch instead of 1/2 inch.

My pear pendant necklace.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
starryeyed''s is beautiful, but I think yours will also be stunning!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2010 12:56:18 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks for your reassuring encouragement, Bella_mezzo.

Here is the CAD photo I received from Whiteflash. I think Joe the CAD design did a great job once again. Joe designed my 3-stone and 5-stone rings.

CAD for DBTY necklace.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 12:58:52 PM
Author: FancyDiamond
Date: 1/22/2010 12:56:18 PM

Author: Bella_mezzo

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks for your reassuring encouragement, Bella_mezzo.

Here is the CAD photo I received from Whiteflash. I think Joe the CAD design did a great job once again. Joe designed my 3-stone and 5-stone rings.

love it! nice choices, fancy!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and very elegant.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! I adore haloed pears.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
wow! what a gorgeous design! i love how the halo around the pear looks in the cad! cant wait to see your pictures!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gasped when I saw the CAD! Yummy...cant wait to see the real pics!

Edit -

FancyDiamond - did you go with that Pear you found at the bottom of that other thread? I thought that
was a really pretty pear. The shape and about everything about it was beautiful. Or did you find one
you liked better?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Looks like it''s going to be beautiful.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t wait to see it - it looks like a beautiful design
30.gif
30.gif

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2010 2:36:41 PM
Author: tyty333
I gasped when I saw the CAD! Yummy...cant wait to see the real pics!

Edit -

FancyDiamond - did you go with that Pear you found at the bottom of that other thread? I thought that
was a really pretty pear. The shape and about everything about it was beautiful. Or did you find one
you liked better?
Yes, I did. Thanks for your help. You helped convince me to get it. Bob said it was a "pretty pear" and the bow-tie, if any, was "very minimal". He said based on his years of professional experience, he only saw one pear that outshined all the pears he had seen. Mine is acceptable by his standard, but not like the exceptional one he sold.

I considered other larger carat weight pears up to 2 ct, but did not find anything that was significantly larger. This pear of mine is the largest (face-up area) possible for its cut (think it is quite brilliant by pear standard). The only negative is the low I color. Hope the yellow tint, if any, will be masked by the firey F/G ACA melees.

I prefer the clean look of non-halo pear pendant, but had to add a halo because my pear is really small for a pendant. To make the pear look larger, I chose 2-pt melees instead of the commonly chosen size of 1-pt. It is a give-and-take, because the melees cannot be so large that they over shadow the center pear.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like it will be one gorgeous pendant! I can''t wait to see the neck shots.
36.gif

Frenchgirl

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Very beautiful pendant!!!!! I love pear diamond!!!! The mine arrive very soon and i''m so excited!!!!

sparkle_zo

Shiny_Rock
great design!!! I must be breath taking in real life! please, post pictures!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like ti will be STUNNING!
30.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful design -- I can''t wait to see the finished piece! Your design reminds me of a Cartier necklace with a pear sapphire that I drooled over at the boutique.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Gorgeous!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is going to be stunning. Lucky you!
36.gif

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
That is AMAZING!!! So classic and unique at the same time!

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That''s going to be so gorgeous! I''m dying for a pear pendant... now you''re giving me ideas!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2010 11:15:56 PM
Author: upgrade
Wow! That''s going to be so gorgeous! I''m dying for a pear pendant... now you''re giving me ideas!
Do you want more idea?
27.gif

AllAboutPearPendants.jpg

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Great design.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''m waiting right alongside you - my pear is similar to yours in terms of the numbers, but I think my jeweler won''t have it until around V-Day.
39.gif

This way, I get to live vicariously through you! Your pear looks like a beauty, and the design is delicious. What are the specs on the pear?

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
That necklace is absolutely gorgeous
30.gif
, cant wait to see pics!!!
2.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful CAD! can''t wait to see more photos!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that is going to be one gorgeous necklace!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your kind words. You made me feel a bit better about the design in terms of size and proportion. At least, they look good on paper. Just need to confirm when I see the necklace in real life.

You are not just being kind, are you? Do you see any bad points? Please do not hesitate to comment, so I can consider changes to make the necklace right.

One major challenge about this design is the pear''s possible flipping/turning on its own. The added halo may make the problem worse because of the added weight near the top surface. Joseph and I spent quite some time discussing how to minimize the problem. This is why the metal ring on the back side of the pendant is now the preimeter of the halo instead of that of the pear. According to Joseph, the larger perimeter provides more balance in terms of area to height ratio.

For me, I expect the pear pendant to turn slightly whenever it moves away from my chest, for example, when I lean forward to touch my shoes. However, after I straighten out my body, I expect the pendant to return to its intended position on its own (without me having to fix its position) and rest on my chest facing forward (the correct position). As I see it, it is the "movement'' that gives the pear pendant its character (more scintillation).

As for the bezel melees on the necklace, they are bound to flip. I read somewhere in PS that unless the melee size are over 15-pt, one should expect the small melees to flip. I guess it is OK for me (no choice), as the cutlet side is exposed. Either the crown side or the cutlet side, I shall see diamond sparkles, just a matter of more or less.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results