shape
carat
color
clarity

Anxiously Waiting For My DBTY Necklace with Halo Pear Diamond Pendant From Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 10:00:00 AM
Author: Circe
I''m waiting right alongside you - my pear is similar to yours in terms of the numbers, but I think my jeweler won''t have it until around V-Day.
39.gif

This way, I get to live vicariously through you! Your pear looks like a beauty, and the design is delicious. What are the specs on the pear?
Circle, I have been reading your threads about your pear and watching out for your pendant design. can''t wait to see how yours will come out.

As for the pear spec., I tried to adhere to FB''s instructions:

"If you want a pear with good white light return, look for a set of proportions close to:
Table: 55-60%
Crown height: 12-14%
Total depth: 61-63%

If you want a pear with more coloured light flashes, look for proportions close to:

Table: 52-57%
Crown height: 14-17%
Total depth: 62-65%
For a chubby pear, look for a 1.42-1.50 length:width ratio.
Don''t go above 60% table and don''t go deeper than 66%. Don''t go shallower than 59.
Deep stones tend to be very dark. Shallow stones tend to suffer more from bowtie.
Look for polish at least very good.
Look for symmetry at least good.
Try to find girdles within the thin-thick range and definitely avoid extremely thin or extremely thick girdles."

Here is the info from my pear''s Sarin report:
1.160 carat
I color (I expect to see tint, especially it is a pear shape. Hopefully, the tint is slight and acceptable, as the cut is brilliant. May look like a "J" in RB.)
VS2 Clarity
5.90mmx9.24mmx3.69mm, L/W Ratio 1.57

(The area is the largest I have seen for a 1-1.5ct pear. Ratio of 1.57 is an acceptable chubby pear. Although the ratio is slightly over 1.50, I think it is OK for a pendant that generally looks better with a longer pear.)

Total depth 62.5% (Wish it was 63% for more fire.)
Table 57%
Crown angle 33.6 (32.6-34.5 degrees range)
Pavillion angle 39.2 (36.9-40.6 degrees range) (Wish the angles were 1 degree more)
Girdle thickness 1.90%-4.94% (Just perfect, Not too thin and not too thick. No durability issue and no hidden weight)
Very good polish (Very important to me. Don''t want to keep wanting to clean the diamond for a clearer look)
Very good symmetry.

As you can see form the diamond images provided in the other thread, the shape and appearance (contrast) look very good.
As for the ASET image, I wish there were more reds. I think the slightly shallow pavillion angle has something to do with it.

Overall, the spec scores a 1A (top score) on paper. Like FB says,
"It''s good (and scores 1A on AGA''s cut grade estimator based on proportions) but I would probably have preferred just a little deeper for that length:width - maybe 63-63.5%
It looks as if it will be slightly more biased towards brightness and scintillation, but slightly reduced fire. A bit like the equivalent of a Brilliant ideal cut."

Lastly, the bow-tie - checked out OK by Bob from Whiteflash.

When I see the pear in person, I''ll share what I think.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Looks like it will be a winner to me. I totally get your concerns, but I really think that you''ve done everything possible to minimize the chances of the pear flipping around, and the CADS look like the piece will be a stunner!!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Forgot to mention
crown height is 13.9%.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Ooohhh!!! It''s beautiful!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I can''t wait to see pics on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Please show pictures when necklace arrives.

This is one of the most inspirational and beautiful pieces I''ve seen on PS. I am a pear believer. I can''t wait till you post pictures.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
fancy, you will love it. WF reset my pear in a similar design. My pear is .96 and maybe a J or K color. I don''t remember the size of the ACA''s .

I wish I had thought of your halo idea!

WFPear 015.jpg

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 7:16:39 PM
Author: bebe
fancy, you will love it. WF reset my pear in a similar design. My pear is .96 and maybe a J or K color. I don''t remember the size of the ACA''s .

Bebe,
Don''t worry. You can always "upgrade" or modify. All you need is have Whiteflash change your pear setting to a halo one. However, please wait until I get mine. Let me check out all the pro''s and cons first, so you know if you should and exactly how much to modify.

I am not too keen about 1-pt melees, because they just shimmer (not sparkle), and the size increase is not as much as 2-pt melees. Let me check out the size of the 2-pt melees as well before advising you if 2-pt or 3-pt is better.

I think the cost of changing to a halo pendant is not very much. I am guessing $600-$800 for platinum, 2-pt melees. The actual price can be more or less, depending on the price of melees/platinum at the time of purchase and etc.. Remember, for return customers, there is a $50 discount for purchase over $1000 and $100 for purchase over $2000.

Too bad you do not know the exact size of your melees in your necklace. I am guessing they are 7-pt melees. You can always call up Whiteflash to find out. They should have your records. In my opinion, the 7-pt melees may be the best size for 1-1.5 ct pears. You do not want the melees to over-shadow the pear, and at the same time, do not want them to be unnoticeably small.

I have questions about your pear. What is the spec? Is it GIA or AGS? What are the spec and cut parameters? Wonder if the dimensions are similar enough to mine that you can use the same number of melees and size? Does your pear show a significant tint of yellow to you? I am worried about too much of a yellowish tint in my "I" color pear.

When I chose my ering''s center stone, I gave up a 3-ct, J SI1 for a smaller RB in H, VS2 (almost the same price), mainly because I did not think I could live with too much tint. "I" color in my pear should be similar to a "J" in RB. I do not know how color sensitive I am, and hope my "I" color pear is good enough for me.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
bebe, I love your necklace!

fancy, I can''t wait to see yours:) I''m sure that it will be fantastic. I don''t think the higher color will bother you on your neck at all. Even if it does, you can''t stare at it all the time like you can with a ring so I think you''ll feel better about it (but I still think it will look very white!)

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Anxiously awaiting pictures :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
bebe your necklaces are stunning! is there a thread about them?

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
Fancy diamond, the CAD looks so pretty -- I love the design
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. cannot wait to see the real pictures.

oh man I start to think about it for myself.....

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
Bebe, your necklaces sre sooo beautiful!

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Bebe, I love your necklaces. I''ve had that photo saved in my inspiration file for a while because I hope to have a pear pendant with bezeled RBs someday.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 8:48:15 PM
Author: FancyDiamond

Remember, for return customers, there is a $50 discount for purchase over $1000 and $100 for purchase over $2000.
I''ve never heard about the $50 discount. Is that on top of the PS discount?

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2010 5:47:50 PM
Author: MC

Remember, for return customers, there is a $50 discount for purchase over $1000 and $100 for purchase over $2000.
I''ve never heard about the $50 discount. Is that on top of the PS discount?
Yes, the return customer discount is additional.
Here is the statement from Whiteflash''s website.
"As a repeat-customer – We’ll give you a discount of up to $100!

As a past customer, you are eligible for a $50 discount off your current/next purchase on your invoice for orders which are between $1000 and $1999 ~ because you referred yourself.

As a past customer, you are eligible for a $100 discount off your current/next purchase on your invoice for orders which are over $2000 ~ because you referred yourself."

Also checks for referring new customers.
"Existing Customers: Refer a friend! – We will send you a check up to $100!

When you refer a friend to Whiteflash and that friend makes a diamond or jewelry purchase between $1000 and $1999 we will send you a thank- you check for $50
When you refer a friend to Whiteflash and that friend makes a diamond or jewelry purchase of over $2000 we will send you a thank-you check for $100!"

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/24/2010 7:41:54 PM

Date: 1/24/2010 5:47:50 PM
Author: MC

fancy, you will love it. WF reset my pear in a similar design. My pear is .96 and maybe a J or K color. I don't remember the size of the ACA's .

I've never heard about the $50 discount. Is that on top of the PS discount?

Yes, the return customer discount is additional.
Here is the statement from Whiteflash's website.
'As a repeat-customer – We’ll give you a discount of up to $100!

As a past customer, you are eligible for a $50 discount off your current/next purchase on your invoice for orders which are between $1000 and $1999 ~ because you referred yourself.

As a past customer, you are eligible for a $100 discount off your current/next purchase on your invoice for orders which are over $2000 ~ because you referred yourself.'

Also checks for referring new customers.
'Existing Customers: Refer a friend! – We will send you a check up to $100!

When you refer a friend to Whiteflash and that friend makes a diamond or jewelry purchase between $1000 and $1999 we will send you a thank- you check for $50

When you refer a friend to Whiteflash and that friend makes a diamond or jewelry purchase of over $2000 we will send you a thank-you check for $100!'

I thought it's $100 discount for an order over $1000 for a return customer. I got $100 discount for my bracelet order, but it's over $2000. So I cannot tell it has been changed or not. I know it used to be $100 off for an over $1000 order.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Got my necklace today.

pendant_020410d.jpg

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Side view of pear pendant

pendant_020410b.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowee! The halo looks smashing!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the compliments. Here is the beauty shot.

pendant_020410a.jpg

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another top view.

pendant_020410c.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! Can''t wait for neckshots
30.gif
30.gif

WF''s petal pic threw me for a sec, I thought it was a tongue!

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
wow, so so so pretty!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Enjoy it.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I can''t wait to see neck shots. What size are the bezeled melee?

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great. Lovely.

Joe is fantastic, I also worked with him for my first custom piece and he made the process so easy and enjoyable and he really listened and checked that we were on the same page.

Great necklace.

d2b

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
WOW, it look wonderful!
30.gif
30.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I ADORE this necklace!!! Cant wait to see more pics!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Can''t wait for the neck shots.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results