shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Antique Oval and Singlestone Setting=Perfection!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
First and foremost, many thanks to all of the terrific members of PS who have endured this journey with me. If not for you, I wouldn't have even known what an antique stone looked like, much less what to look for.

Second, truckloads of thanks to Ari at Singlestone. This ring could never have come to fruition without all of his patience, hand-holding and honesty. Not only is he an artist, but he's a wonderful person and has been a delight to work with.

The ring is being shipped to me on Monday, but Ari sent a few photos to tide me over. He asked me to remember that these are "pre-polishing". I will post handshots as soon as the ring is on my finger! I hope that you all think the setting is worthy of this special stone. I am honored to be it's guardian until it's time to pass it down to a grandchild someday.

I know you all want stats, so here they are: 2.83 OMB (technically speaking...the GIA report says oval modified brilliant). E color, VS2 clarity, ring size 5.5

ring1_16.jpg

ring4_7.jpg

ring3_7.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
O. M. G.!!!!!!

Oh Yenny, its so divine!!!! What a GORGEOUS piece!!! And what an heirloom!!

CONGRATULATIONS, my dear, and can't wait to see the handshots!!!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Dani! I can't imagine that it will be even more gorgeous once it's polished, but Ari says that it will...it's going to kill me waiting til Monday!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gawd, this ring is amazing.

I love the way the setting is ornate and beautiful in its own right, but it still allows that gorgeous oval to shine.

I'm so happy for you, Yenny. Wear it in good health and great love!

Edited because I stupidly called this stunner of a stone a pear.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness.

Yenny, that could NOT be prettier. It really couldn't. It's GORGEOUS - the setting complements the stone so well, and that stone still makes me salivate :appl:

I can't wait to see your photos!!!! What a journey - and wow, what a fabulous ending :love: :love: :love: :bigsmile:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
My jaw is just hanging!!!! :shock:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks so much Haven! I know that there will be people who think that the setting is too much for the stone, but Ari sent me the same setting with an OEC to try on (the OEC was a similar size to mine) and it was love at first sight! I love that my eye is drawn first to the gorgeous stone and then gets pulled to the details of the setting. IMO, neither one overpowers the other. Sigh....(happy sigh).

Upgradable, I hope you mean in a good way??? If not, no worries...I know that it may not be everyone's cup of tea! ;))

Yssie, thank you...that's a high compliment, coming from you, since I know that you are very...ummm...picky. :lol:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What a special, special ring! Ari is the best, right?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ari is amazing! I'd really like to meet him in person sometime and hope to have the opportunity to work with him on another project in the future.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! ...you can pass it down to me someday... :naughty:

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
That is one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen! It looks like some precious heirloom of a fabulously wealthy family that was handed down for many generations. I hope you get to wear this exquisite work of art in good health for a very, very long time and then hand it down to your future generations!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know... I think in the hands of a less talented bench that setting would be too much for the stone. There's a lot of room to bulk up and de-elegant-ize a complicated, detailed setting like that, if you don't do it right.

Fortunately Ari was obviously more than up to the task ::) it really is lovely.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Chloe...will you wear it on your collar? I've never told you, but I LOVE your avatar. Chloe has such an awesome grin on her face!

Moosemom, thank you. I love the fact that only a pro would be able to tell that the ring isn't original to the stone. I just couldn't put this stone in anything but an antique style setting.

Yssie, I agree with you completely. It's one of the reasons I was terrified about going with such a detailed setting. However, once Ari sent me this setting with an OEC in it, I knew it was perfect. Ari was more than up to the task!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Yenny, it's gorgeous! Gosh, I love that stone so much, ovals never really caught my eye until I saw yours.
It's all come together beautifully :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks maplefemme. Are you still waiting on GIA to send your stone back to Victor? I'm dying to see what you do with it!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is just killer! Droool :love:

You will have tons of finger coverage with this baby!

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Oh, it is beyond beautiful. I can't wait to see handshots...

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Oh my.

Didn''t like modified oval brilliants (until now), didn't like ornate settings (until now). Just this morning I saw a license plate sticker that said "Rethink Everything". Indeed.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Laila and OCMom...it had better not rain on Monday! I can't take decent photos indoors!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1317423365|3030086 said:
Upgradable, I hope you mean in a good way??? If not, no worries...I know that it may not be everyone's cup of tea! ;))
In the very best way!! This is so stunningly gorgeous, my jaw absolutely dropped when I saw it!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! The setting showcases the stone perfect - and both are works of art!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Upgradable, I'm relieved...you have impeccable taste and I'd be worried if you thought the setting was horrible! However, I've obviously matured since I've been here, b/c I would have taken it in stride and reminded myself of Kenny's mantra..."people vary" :D

Thanks so much Addy and Begonia! That bumper sticker is a good thing to remember!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Night Irene that is gorgeous!!! OMG :love: It really pulls me towards wanting a more ornate setting for my project!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Yenny, although there are many lovely pieces posted on PS, seldom do I find myself dropping my jaw. I literally did when opening this thread! I love SingleStone's work, but your's is in a world of its own!! I can't wait to see it on your hand!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, Upgradable, thank you! That means so much coming from you! I'd love to play in your jewelry box someday!

Packrat, which project are you working on? Did I miss it? Strangely enough, if you looked at my home, my wardrobe, etc. you'd be suprised that I went with such a detailed setting, as my taste generally runs toward the very simple and elegant. This kind of took everyone who knows me IRL unaware!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
So this is the setting you chose...Yenny, I can't think of a more complementary setting for your amazing diamond. It's funny-I was just talking about this setting!! I absolutely cannot wait to see it post polishing. Bravo! :appl:

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
It is beyond exquisite, Yenny! I can't wait to see it on your hand. Have you decided on a band as yet?

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my GOSH!! That is one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen. I've been waiting to see this, and WOW!! It turned out amazing. Wear it in good health and happiness.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yup, this is it. :D Originally, I chose something different (a bezel combined with the shank details of another ring) and Ari promised me that if I didn't like the finished product, I wouldn't have to keep it. That's exactly what happened. I had the same reservations about the ring from the get go and kept waiting for the finished product to "wow" me and it just never did. Ari was so gracious about the whole thing. This is the ring that sang to me originally, I was just concerned that it would be too blingy for me. Once I was able to try the OEC in this setting for a few days, I knew that this was the one. I don't think I'm going to sleep a wink this weekend!

Thanks Rubyprincess. If I wear any band, it will be my grandmother's approx. 2mm platinum band. I don't think that this ring needs anything to compete with it. If my grandmother's band works, great...if not, I'm not planning to wear one.

Thanks SparklyOEC! I know you've all had to be almost as patient as I have, lol!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yenny it is GORGEOUS!!! I know you have been through a LOT with your ering but I am thinking that once you see this beauty that it will all have been worth it :) I still can't get over how amazingly gorgeous your oval is. It is such a unique stone and so, so beautiful. And the setting that singlestone did complements your stone perfectly. I love how it is detailed and yet not at all clunky. It really does look like an heirloom piece (of course one that is in perfect condition)

I hope you enjoy your ring and wear it proudly! it is so beautiful yenny, I hope it is everything you wanted :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results