carat
color
clarity

Antique Emerald Cluster Ring

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Isn't the history neat as anything?! I am so deeply curious about who wore my ring before I did! I'm thrilled to meet a fellow emerald lover. There's nothing quite like them in my opinion :) Rubies are a veeeery close second, though! :)

Oh gosh a ruby would be next on my list although I'm really loving the spinels too! I think the piece as a whole has something so special to carry that charm and history along with it. Imagine how much it was loved in its previous life

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
WHAT a ring! I LOVE everything about it!

Thank you for saying so!! I can't tell you how thrilled I am that others love it too. I am housebound and don't get a chance to talk about jewelry often, or to show off my favourite pieces. (My poor husband listens but jewelry is not his thing!) I would dearly love a weekly meet where we all just show off our baubles, even ones we've all seen before, and talk "shop." That would be heavenly! Coffee, and maybe wine, would definitely have to be involved. ;-)

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Wow... you are making me want an emerald!!! Gorgeous rings!

You're very sweet to say so! Do look for one that speaks to you. It's dizzying, the number of hues and levels of clarity that emeralds can have, and that's not taking lab-created ones into account. Emeralds are ineffably lovely. I absolutely adore them, perhaps obsessively! (I have a couple of pairs of emerald earrings and an emerald pendant. I cannot get enough of them! Well, my budget tells me otherwise, LOL.) The right emerald will glow at you, even in dim light, and they go with any skin tone. I like wearing emerald jewelry with a red blouse and being instantly Christmassy :) (The other way 'round can apply, too! I love rubies almost as much as I love emeralds! I haven't yet found "the one" ruby ring yet, though.)

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh a ruby would be next on my list although I'm really loving the spinels too! I think the piece as a whole has something so special to carry that charm and history along with it. Imagine how much it was loved in its previous life

You're right, spinel is equally lovely! Aren't rubies and spinels either closely related, or identical? I have read conflicting information about that and I am sure someone on Pricescope can clarify this for me :)

I had wanted a great honking big lab-created emerald ring but was heartbroken to learn that the size I want would not cut very well. The history of this particular ring is fascinating. I like imagining that royalty once owned it, or that a modest kind of man saved up and bought this beautiful ring for his lady. Or someone won it in a poker game. The possibilities are endless, as they say :)

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
They're truly spectacular! Pricescope has SUCH amazing rings! Is there a thread about your pretties? :D

Thank you. No thread about the ring but I did do one about the diamond as it was difficult back then to find antique cuts in the uk

wear your ring with such enjoyment. She is spectacular=)2

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
EmeraldCity,
I love both of your emerald rings! :appl:
I also perked up when I heard you say you wear the antique daisy emerald everyday.
I haven’t gotten my emerald ballerina ring yet but I will shortly and I intend to wear her. I’m secretly terrified of banging her up but I don’t buy jewelry to have it sit and stare at the inside of my jewelry box...it’s meant to be enjoyed.
So, do you have any tips for daily emerald wearing?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
EmeraldCity,
I love both of your emerald rings! :appl:
I also perked up when I heard you say you wear the antique daisy emerald everyday.
I haven’t gotten my emerald ballerina ring yet but I will shortly and I intend to wear her. I’m secretly terrified of banging her up but I don’t buy jewelry to have it sit and stare at the inside of my jewelry box...it’s meant to be enjoyed.
So, do you have any tips for daily emerald wearing?

Oh, thank you so much! They mean a lot to me :)
I thought long and hard about wearing this ring every day, because of course emeralds are soft. But in the end I decided, like you, that simply storing it for most of its life with me was ridiculous; I bought it to enjoy it, so enjoy it I do!

It took a few days of wearing to develop a constant awareness of the ring's location on my hand, but I am now always aware of its location and am very cautious about opening boxes, moving my hands, avoiding scraping the sides of things with the back of my hand, picking things up, etc. No great secret, just spatial awareness. :) I definitely do not sleep with the ring on and I take it off when handling metal things (nail clippers, primarily, and sometimes even flatware when eating), because I don't want to risk scratching the shank or the stone. Before I was injured, I took it off when doing dishes and household chores. I also take it off when knitting. I place it in its ring box at night and close the box, because I am clumsy and knock things all over my nightstand when sleepy. I clean the ring regularly but I also treat it occasionally with cedar oil. I plan on taking it to the jeweler some time within the next year and seeing if it needs re-oiling. I can't be certain if it was ever oiled, but I have to assume it was as this is standard treatment for most emeralds. The occasional oil treatment and regular cleaning keep the ring looking lovely :)

It's not something everyone would want to do, and I do envy those who have diamonds they don't have to worry about scratching, but it's worth it to me to be careful like this so as to be able to wear my ring. Those are my tips for daily emerald wear :) I'm afraid it's nothing groundbreaking, but I hope that was helpful! Buy your emerald ballerina ring (such a spectacular design!!!!) and wear it with pride! And come here and post LOTS of pictures :D Oh, to have a ballerina ring! :kiss2::kiss2:

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Would you pls show us more of your square cut emerald ring too! How smashing that you get to pick which one to wear!

I would rock them together! :mrgreen:

I would be delighted to post more pics of the square cut ring! Would it be better to start a new thread or append pics to this thread?

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
What a beauty! Thank you for sharing pictures and so much detail surrounding the build of the setting - the fact that the jeweler adjusted for each unique side stone is a charming detail.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is a DREAM!!! :kiss2:

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@Emerald City that ring is a treasure, and I would love nothing more than to find its equal one day! Emeralds are my birth stone, and I have loved them since I was little, but I also know how abusive I can be to my jewelry, and like you, I would want to wear something that beautiful on a daily basis. May it bring you life long happiness!!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Up to you. Can’t wait!!!

I posted a new thread as I decided the square-cut emerald is worthy of its own thread! Thank you so much for asking for more photos, I can't tell you how flattered I am! :)

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
What a beauty! Thank you for sharing pictures and so much detail surrounding the build of the setting - the fact that the jeweler adjusted for each unique side stone is a charming detail.

Thank you for saying so! I agree, I found it charming to observe the care taken by the jeweler as well :) S/He was incredibly careful and did a great job. I have wanted so many times to be able to thank the person who made this ring with such care, but that's perhaps the only sad aspect of this ring, knowing that this person has passed away. Whoever they were, they were a master jeweler. Absolutely flawless work.

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
@Emerald City that ring is a treasure, and I would love nothing more than to find its equal one day! Emeralds are my birth stone, and I have loved them since I was little, but I also know how abusive I can be to my jewelry, and like you, I would want to wear something that beautiful on a daily basis. May it bring you life long happiness!!

I am deeply honoured by your words!! I wish you well in your journey to find the right emerald ring for you. I think there is an element of kismet to the whole thing; I am sure the ring is trying to find you as much as you are trying to find it. :)

I am pretty rough on jewelry as well, but I wanted so badly to be able to wear this ring each day that I have made a tremendous effort to be more gentle. I really would love a diamond cluster ring at one point; it would be awesome to not worry about scratching the stones on my ring all the time!!!

I envy you for having emeralds as your birth stone. Luck you! :)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
This ring is so beautiful.

So amazing to think that the ring has been around for over 100 years and it still looks so good and brings so much joy to it’s owner.

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
This ring is so beautiful.

So amazing to think that the ring has been around for over 100 years and it still looks so good and brings so much joy to it’s owner.

I am touched by your kind words; thank you :) I am truly amazed by the ring's age; every now and then I stop and say to myself, "Holy !#@!, this ring is over 100 years old!" and just stare at it in wonder. Such a history! Oh, I wish I knew who owned it before I did!!! Getting a bit maudlin, I also wonder who will own it after I do. After all, we are all just caretakers for our beloved pieces. <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results