shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Cluster Ring = Downgrade of my dreams!

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
After seeing your stunning ring, I predict we will need more pictures! Those antique cuts are just incredible and the ring makes you wonder what stories it could tell.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That really is just the prettiest downgrade I've ever seen :kiss2::kiss2:

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi! Back in February, Grace posted a short video of an antique old mine cut diamond cluster ring that took my breath away! It was the cluster ring of my dreams, the one I had been envisioning for years (since before we had chosen my solitaire because my husband had wanted me to get a solitaire instead of a cluster). I asked the price and committed to it before even speaking to my husband.

F0BCF326-8E0F-4591-8E26-44CB2135DA52.png

I got the idea to get him on board by offering to sell my solitaire (we had gotten it for our 10th anniversary and we are now married 16 years), and pointing out that there would be surplus money left over after paying for the cluster and selling the solitaire. He must have been able to feel my excitement about the cluster, and he let me do it. I paid Grace for the cluster, got it and fell in love, and then I sent her the solitaire. It was in its fifth setting since I’d gotten the diamond, as I was never quite happy with the fact that it was not an old cut diamond (my husband had also pushed me to get a brilliant cut, which was his preference, and it was an early round brilliant).

The cluster ring is estimated at 5-6 carats total, and it has quite a spread! It’s almost 17mm! Here it is compared with the 5.01ct solitaire (I had them both for a day).

D9912DDB-A01B-482F-91DD-CA4B0356362E.jpeg

B89BC0FA-1C24-4184-B6EF-8D40F34B7588.jpeg

It took a while to sell the solitaire, but it finally happened, and now I don’t feel guilty owning the cluster! I love it so much!! I was concerned about some of the worn prongs, and Grace had it totally fixed and spruced up for me, which was wonderful! This next picture is her picture after the prongs were reformed. My pictures were taken before then.

422B06FF-2C59-4EAA-A12B-878BE5A8F5BA.jpeg

7D582BFC-3158-45AB-9F76-B4B4AE104EB3.jpeg

53560795-71DD-41A0-8B6D-8242F96314F1.jpeg

Took my breath away. It’s so gorgeous.

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful - I've always wanted a cluster ring. Your ring is the most beautiful cluster I've ever seen. Congratulations, great choice.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWZA! Now that's a statement piece! :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new ering! It is lovely and looks gorgeous on you!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely gorgeous!!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, your solitaire was beautiful but that cluster ring is stunning.
enjoy.
be careful when driving, not to be distracted by the sparkles !

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I am dying, that is such chunky, sparkly gorgeousness. And it fits, it so fits your hand. I love the presence. The solitaire was lovely but it didn't stand a chance next to this bombshell. I am so glad it sang to you and you answered the call.

Now can we please get some #ringbutt photos? I love to see how the galleries of these old marvels were made.

L

lydial

:kiss2: That is beautiful,,,,,

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Ouuuuuuuhhhhh mamma!

Where are my socks- they just got knocked off!

Gosh, Tourmaline, now, I really loved your solitaire. But you did a few resets with that lovely gal, right? Isn't it funny how we can evolve and grow and know more about what we like as time goes by?

I am so happy you just 'knew' with this ring and were all over it before the word 'go'.

It truly looks perfect on your hand, like she belonged there all along.

Those chunky diamonds are each and every on tdf- full of chunky goodness and kozibe- that ring is full of fire.

And the profle- gorgeous!!!

Wow. I might name each one of those diamonds. Truly a one of a kind ring.

Congratulations!!!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ouuuuuuuhhhhh mamma!

Where are my socks- they just got knocked off!

Gosh, Tourmaline, now, I really loved your solitaire. But you did a few resets with that lovely gal, right? Isn't it funny how we can evolve and grow and know more about what we like as time goes by?

I am so happy you just 'knew' with this ring and were all over it before the word 'go'.

It truly looks perfect on your hand, like she belonged there all along.

Those chunky diamonds are each and every on tdf- full of chunky goodness and kozibe- that ring is full of fire.

And the profle- gorgeous!!!

Wow. I might name each one of those diamonds. Truly a one of a kind ring.

Congratulations!!!!

Thank you! Yes, I really longed for an old cut cluster. I was looking the whole time, and this one was (and is) magic to me. I did try. I set the solitaire 5 times!

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock
What an absolute showstopper!! I love it

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! :love: This ring is a stunner!!! Gorgeous in every way and looks right at home on your hand!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! what a gorgeous ring! I would take that downgrade any day!!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
wow! stunning!!!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh have mercy. What a beautiful ring. It looks fabulous on you, too.

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
I never understood clusters until this ring. I totally get it now. :kiss2:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swoooooooon! I'm a sucker for an antique cluster and wow this one is stunning!!! Congrats!! You definitely traded up IMO!! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG that’s a stunning cluster!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Echoing everyone’s sentiments on here...such a stunner, @Tourmaline!!
Another ring that makes me want antique cuts so bad...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tourmaline , I keep coming back to this thread!!! Are you enjoying the heck out of your ring ?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Tourmaline , I keep coming back to this thread!!! Are you enjoying the heck out of your ring ?

I really am! I’ve been enjoying it for months but I felt that if I posted about it before selling the solitaire, I’d jinx its sale!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results