shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique 8ct. Ceylon blue sapphire ring. Meet Elena, aka my mini “Blue Blob”

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
@Bluemuse What a wonderful post to read during such dark times! Congratulations on your marriage and this gorgeous blue sapphire... just stunning and what a remarkable find! :kiss2: Thank you for sharing your story!!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring! I adore the color, The size and it’s uniqueness, which goes so well with your story. Very touching.,.,Congratulations! Wishing you happiness and health!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Elena is magnificent. Please don’t ever touch her, she is perfect the way she is, beautifully patinaed by age. The setting is perfect. The myriad of beautiful looks in varied light settings is perfect. Her color is perfect. She is an instant Pricescope classic. Thank you for sharing and I’m so happy everything came together for you!

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@Bluemuse This is a gorgeous and unique ring, and I’m so glad Elena found a home with someone who appreciates her. I’m often saddened when I see beautiful old stones like Elena being plucked and forced into a shiny new setting that IMHO becomes a sort of Frankenstein ring.

Please treasure and enjoy her as is!

PS not sure if you would care to share name of the vendor? I’m a sucker for good antique jewelry stores and seems like you found a great one!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
@Bluemuse What a wonderful post to read during such dark times! Congratulations on your marriage and this gorgeous blue sapphire... just stunning and what a remarkable find! :kiss2: Thank you for sharing your story!!

Thank you, finerthings! Happy I have a place to share here! It has been a magical year in many ways, especially marrying the real treasure in all of this, my husband.
He loves anything that brings joy to my heart. Seems silly that our pieces can ground us in memories and hope at times like this, but they do.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Antique gemstones and jewellery, congrats, it's a beautiful piece!!!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! I adore the color, The size and it’s uniqueness, which goes so well with your story. Very touching.,.,Congratulations! Wishing you happiness and health!

Thank you, Bluegemz! I appreciate your well wishes. Like you, I am a fellow star sapphire lover! I have a few, none quite as spectacular as yours and some others I’ve enjoyed seeing here. As with every stone they all have a story to tell.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
@Bluemuse This is a gorgeous and unique ring, and I’m so glad Elena found a home with someone who appreciates her. I’m often saddened when I see beautiful old stones like Elena being plucked and forced into a shiny new setting that IMHO becomes a sort of Frankenstein ring.

Please treasure and enjoy her as is!

PS not sure if you would care to share name of the vendor? I’m a sucker for good antique jewelry stores and seems like you found a great one!

Thanks so much, Pinkmartini87!
So nice of you to say she found a good home with me. I’m enthralled and also feel a certain respect for where she’s been.
I think I’ve taken so many photos because I’m trying to understand who she is exactly.
She’s not an easy girl to pin down lol
I appreciate her more and more everyday.
I’m happy to share where I got her.
I’ve seen them mentioned on the forum in the past. A.Brandt and Son in a suburb outside of Philadelphia. They have a good IG account worth following.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
I love Antique gemstones and jewellery, congrats, it's a beautiful piece!!!

Thank you, arkieb1!!
They are fascinating, aren’t they? My love extends to antiques of all sorts! Which is why I love flea markets.
I think I just appreciate things made well by hand or designed well. Before retiring I was in the science field, but my salvation from all the science courses in college were classes like art history and archeology. My deep passion for those things has always remained and continues to inspire me.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
absolutely stunning. a real treasure. it is like peering into a deep pool of cool water. she must have many stories to tell!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Elena is magnificent. Please don’t ever touch her, she is perfect the way she is, beautifully patinaed by age. The setting is perfect. The myriad of beautiful looks in varied light settings is perfect. Her color is perfect. She is an instant Pricescope classic. Thank you for sharing and I’m so happy everything came together for you!

Thanks so much, LightBright! So kind of you!
Makes me happy that she is appreciated in all her glory and imperfection by all of you as she is by me.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! A.Brandt and Son is a very reputable company (I ordered a ring online from them years ago and service was impeccable and item was as described.)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Bluegemz! I appreciate your well wishes. Like you, I am a fellow star sapphire lover! I have a few, none quite as spectacular as yours and some others I’ve enjoyed seeing here. As with every stone they all have a story to tell.

Wow! I agree with you completely...every gem has a unique geological birth story... and I appreciate the Life history of a gem wear which comes from the time of its wear, it’s the beauty in an experienced, wise face which has lived through so many things.
oh, you have really sparked my love for stars again just mentioning that!Sometime, if your willing, I would love to see yours. I love all stars.
there is a ‘Show me your star sapphires and rubies’ thread if you’re ever interested.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
absolutely stunning. a real treasure. it is like peering into a deep pool of cool water. she must have many stories to tell!

Thanks so much annagene12!
Yes, I bet she does! I’d love to hear her tales and to have seen a photo of the antique brooch the stone came from and learn it’s history.
There is a definite watery aspect of this stone that I love. It also a lot visual depth for a relatively shallow stone, as you describe peering into a deep pool. I have that very sense.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I agree with you completely...every gem has a unique geological birth story... and I appreciate the Life history of a gem wear which comes from the time of its wear, it’s the beauty in an experienced, wise face which has lived through so many things.
oh, you have really sparked my love for stars again just mentioning that!Sometime, if your willing, I would love to see yours. I love all stars.
there is a ‘Show me your star sapphires and rubies’ thread if you’re ever interested.

Yes, absolutely agree about the history of a stone having its own value, apart from the stone itself. Love the image of a geological birth story and resonate with it. I will share mine over the weekend. I love that thread and really enjoyed getting lost in those beautiful stones and stories. Thank you for starting that one!! Bluegemz

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! A.Brandt and Son is a very reputable company (I ordered a ring online from them years ago and service was impeccable and item was as described.)

Yes they are! And their front counter staff are so nice!

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
It's such a beautiful ring! I like the setting as is. Silver doesn't mean 'less than' and looks just as nice. Congrats on it and the marriage!!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
It's such a beautiful ring! I like the setting as is. Silver doesn't mean 'less than' and looks just as nice. Congrats on it and the marriage!!

Thank you, Kitten35! I fully agree about the silver. I’ll just be sure to be cognizant that the stone is always secure, just as one would with a gold setting. I love the feminine lines of the setting and that it really lets the light in.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your story, the stone, the setting
All wonderfully gorgeous.
Everyone’s already said it better, so I’ll just say ditto!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Just for reference the “mini blue blob” nickname was a take on a large brooch from the Antiques Road Show UK, which the owners called the Big Blue Blob.
That one was 25-30 cts.
Maybe mine is the little kid sister? Lol

7AB35831-7B3A-43E2-A671-3A3FF3CF9C05.jpeg

There is a thread on the CS forum here called “Big Blue Blob” in case anyone missed it.
Sorry not sure how to link another thread.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful blue and beautiful ring! Congratulations!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Your story, the stone, the setting
All wonderfully gorgeous.
Everyone’s already said it better, so I’ll just say ditto!

That’s so sweet Rfisher! Thank you so much!
My heart and ring are feeling the love!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, this is the most beautiful antique sapphire ring I have seen!
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Just for reference the “mini blue blob” nickname was a take on a large brooch from the Antiques Road Show UK, which the owners called the Big Blue Blob.
That one was 25-30 cts.
Maybe mine is the little kid sister? Lol

7AB35831-7B3A-43E2-A671-3A3FF3CF9C05.jpeg

There is a thread on the CS forum here called “Big Blue Blob” in case anyone missed it.
Sorry not sure how to link another thread.

Here you go. ;-)

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
That is positively breathtaking. I love the setting and wouldn't have guess it was silver.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Here you go. ;-)

Thanks, Rad_Fan! Appreciate that! Do you copy and paste?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results