Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

The Big Blue Blob

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
I love when people get a genuine surprise that something is really valuable - remember the lady with the old ornate bead that turned out to be a tiny Faberge egg :appl:

Rad_Fan

Brilliant_Rock
Is it only me or you all don't believe about the paste/cz story? Seriously? I would think that jewelers would give her low ball offers to buy it.

Last edited:

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
Yeah...me too. I normally really enjoyed listening to John but thought his reaction on this one was a bit too much.

But at least we got to see it! It reminds me of a Luc Yen spinel...

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
As soon as I saw that I thought 'Ceylon sapphire". I thought it would actually be worth a bit more than the estimate, but maybe it's because it's a fairly light blue.

It's a stunner!

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A gorgeous piece, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

Snowdrop13

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful, I wonder if she sold it afterwards? The expert in the piece always makes pronouncements about origins of stones, size, colour and cut and sometimes I think he gets it wrong or doesn’t have enough info to tell. Certification is never mentioned!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fab!
I think every one of us could tell right away that this is sapphire and old cut diamonds.
Or at least spinel.
And we never saw the back, so the clasp is probably beautifully made.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking the same thing, that mid coloured blue that size and that old would probably go for more than that at a fine jewels auction at one of the high end auction houses....

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.