shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Antique 2.2ct ruby oec cluster ring - bucket list item checked off!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
AGL offers 2 options of unmounted and mounted stones but I would call to verify that being mounted wouldn’t interfere with the full analysis if I wanted the prestige full grading report. Maybe one of the pros could comment on what would be best or if they think it’s beneficial if I already have a GIA report? @denverappraiser @Rockdiamond @Karl_K @oldminer

Waste of money you allready have a gia report.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh you did!!! Do tell more!!! Pretty please!!! :bigsmile:

its very heavily based on someone else ring (of course they are aware) so I’ve chosen to respectfully keep it out of sight until after theirs. But I will!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waste of money you allready have a gia report.

Thank you! Appreciate you responding :)

So there’s no additional information that AGL would provide on color or degree of enhancement (heat in this case) that would be more valuable?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
its very heavily based on someone else ring (of course they are aware) so I’ve chosen to respectfully keep it out of sight until after theirs. But I will!

Completely understand!!! Can’t wait to see it!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So there’s no additional information that AGL would provide on color or degree of enhancement (heat in this case) that would be more valuable?

not an expert-
But if I wanted to see specifically AGL’s description on color /tone that would be ‘worth to pay ’ it to me just for my own curiousness. Don’t they do that?
not to make me like it more, or like it less from what they say though!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

not in my opinion.
Its not a collector stone that duel reports would add value.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
not an expert-
But if I wanted to see specifically AGL’s description on color /tone that would be ‘worth to pay ’ it to me just for my own curiousness. Don’t they do that?
not to make me like it more, or like it less from what they say though!

Yes, but I believe the color description is only part of their full report which costs $445...just identification and enhancement is muuuch less.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I go away for a couple of days and BAM! holy grail ruby happens:-o.
I am going to covet this ring for all time. It's going to be a burden, *squints eyes* but I'll make do.
I love it so much I want to throw something. I will also need many more pictures in all lighting and outside, or I might cry.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I keep coming back to look. So gorgeous.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you my dear!!! Appreciate you listening to the endless back and forth and supporting me through the wait!!! <3

Anytime my dear! I am so beyond happy that you got the ruby ring of your dreams! It’s stunning! :kiss2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117 your ruby ring is gorgeous. I love it.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go away for a couple of days and BAM! holy grail ruby happens:-o.
I am going to covet this ring for all time. It's going to be a burden, *squints eyes* but I'll make do.
I love it so much I want to throw something. I will also need many more pictures in all lighting and outside, or I might cry.

Haha thank you so much!!! Those were pretty much my sentiments while waiting for the ring lol I could give you one now that I forgot to post and then I’ll need to take some more!
A5B2BC89-01C0-4785-AC35-FF9A268CD847.jpeg

I keep coming back to look. So gorgeous.

Thank you! I’m so happy to share with others who really appreciate her the way I do!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Yes! YES!!! MOar pictures :lickout:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the family photo!!! What a gorgeous collection!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you had a great 4th!!! Red, white and blue!

953DD3C7-A0D3-48E0-9777-016639799DA7.jpeg A9E434EB-27B0-47ED-8E8E-D05FF4CFD80C.jpeg
Great photos! I almost thought the sapphire ring was a brooch in the first photo!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
SQueeeee!:kiss2:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep thinking about this ruby too. I've always wanted one. I think they're so romantic.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great photos! I almost thought the sapphire ring was a brooch in the first photo!

Thank you!!! It actually used to be so great eye! Before I even found PS I found this lovely (former) brooch at a small jewelry shop and asked if they could convert it to a ring and he happened to have an antique shank also in platinum that he soldered to it!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the family photo!!! What a gorgeous collection!

Is it terrible that the ruby ring has got me thinking I need a different type of sapphire? :halo::doh::lol-2:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!!! It actually used to be so great eye! Before I even found PS I found this lovely (former) brooch at a small jewelry shop and asked if they could convert it to a ring and he happened to have an antique shank also in platinum that he soldered to it!
Nice conversion!!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
It's stunning !!! The halo adds a regal touch.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
This is officially my favorite post of the year. Now I want to get my own ruby re-set. Thought I was over clusters. I guess not.....On my third trip to England I kept casing them in jewelers' windows all over the country. It was 1972 and colored engagement rings were in fashion. They still make me think of romance in the countryside.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm late to the party but I just wanted to say how absolutely stunningly gorgeous your ruby ring is!!!! That is on my bucket list too! Yours is perfection! Enjoy every moment of wearing it!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
absolutely gorgeous!!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is officially my favorite post of the year. Now I want to get my own ruby re-set. Thought I was over clusters. I guess not.....On my third trip to England I kept casing them in jewelers' windows all over the country. It was 1972 and colored engagement rings were in fashion. They still make me think of romance in the countryside.

Ahhh thank you that is high praise!!! I’d love to know more about your ruby and it’s current setting, do you have a thread on it? They really are so romantic ::)

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm late to the party but I just wanted to say how absolutely stunningly gorgeous your ruby ring is!!!! That is on my bucket list too! Yours is perfection! Enjoy every moment of wearing it!

Appreciate the kind words!!! I’m sure you’ll find one when the time is right!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Such an absolutely beautiful ring, @ac117 The colour of the ruby is perfect, a wonderful, luscious real red.

Eclectic

Rough_Rock
Wow, that is so stunning. It looks like it was meant to be yours

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such an absolutely beautiful ring, @ac117 The colour of the ruby is perfect, a wonderful, luscious real red.

Thanks!! I must say the color is really what made me fall in love with it! Red is my favorite color and this shade just makes me so happy every time I look at it!

Wow, that is so stunning. It looks like it was meant to be yours

Thanks so much!! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results