shape
carat
color
clarity

Another WF ACA with fluorescence!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my UV flashlight today and TRIED to take a pic. My iphone camera goes HAYWIRE though and turns everything pink (NOT what my eyes see). I don't think my ACA has much fluor - there is definitely some sort of weird green thing happening if I shine the light behind the diamond and also from the front super close. Let me grab a pic.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This only happens if the flashlight is mm away

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@HappyNewLife it seems like "partial" and faint fluorescence. Still pretty cool! I love your ACA:love:

@mochiko42 I love the pic comparison! and the bands are gorgeous!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried the flashlight on all the diamond jewelry I own (not much), and now it's VERY clear to me what fluor looks like. My diamond pendant (GIA certed with med fluor) and one of my earrings glowed like a freaking Christmas tree, my ACA - nothing. Also, one of my T&C diamonds (etoile band), one of my wedding band diamonds and one of my BGD itty bitty DBTY diamonds glowed. I guess my ACA doesn't have fluor afterall!

glow1.jpg glow2.jpg

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your ACA diamond does not have any fluorescence! You are lucky!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love fluorescence so much, the stones with it look so much better to me in the sun, and in many conditions. It always surprises me that people don’t like it like I do lol. I am sad to own a stone without it.

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Don't jump to conclusions.
The blue in those facets near the upper edge may just be reflections of the blue sky, or something else blue in the environment.

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 1.04.07 AM.png

If it was fluorescence the whole diamond would glow equally blue (that is if the fluorescence is blue and not some other hue).

To find out how much fluorescence your diamond has go in a dark place and shine a UV light onto it.

What does your diamond's grading report say about fluor, and is it from GIA or AGS?

Wow, this is very cool! I didn't know UV light helps one spot fluorescence!
It's so wonderful how folks on here immediately jumped to help OP out with photos etc. I'm in awe of ppl on this forum!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ACA diamond does not have any fluorescence! You are lucky!

I think it might actually have slight to medium fluor, because in the pitch black it does glow a little. in daylight- nope. Interesting. That level of fluor doesn't bother me, but I didn't want strong

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you check for phosphorescence? It'll blow your mind.

@mochiko42 cool pink (red?) fluorescence on the pinks.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love a diamond with fluorescence! My cushion has faint and I think the blue tint looks awesome under the sun! Either way you have a kickass TDF stone!!!

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m sure this’ll sound trite, but GOSH diamonds are neat!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results