• Ovals (8.5x6.5)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Cushions (6.2x5.3)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • None of the above!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/29/2008 3:35:44 AM
Author: oldmancoyote
The color of tsavorite is believed to be due to vanadium, at times with a trace of chromium.[/i] [my emphasis]

[...]

Other net sources also quote V and/or Cr; the Palagems one seemed the most authoritative

Richard Hughes knows his gemology but probably the most recent in-depth study of gem garnets, by Carol M. Stockton and the late D. Vincent Manson, both GIA researchers, concludes that "...both vanadium and chromium are usually responsible for the green in grossular garnets" [tsavorite/tsavolite]. In their paper "Gem-Quality Grossular Garnets" [Gems & Gemology, Winter, 1982] they write that similar vanadium-chromium relationship results have been reported by several other prominent researchers.

"An exception to this relationship between vanadium, chromium and green coloration apparently exists in grossulars that are colored principally or solely by Cr2O3," saying they had none to test and could not say how their color compares with the V-Cr stones.

It''s interesting that V seems to be the sole cause of color-change in pyrope-spessartite garnets.

Richard M.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 1:03:28 PM
Author: Harriet
omc,
The design is vieux Mauboussin, right?
2.gif
Yes - about 1960. I have no idea if they made earrings - but since we have a ring... I felt free to copy.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, no. I wasn''t referring to ''copying.'' I was referring to our earlier exchange about the new Mauboussin.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Ah - got you. Well, I think the ring is a very well made piece - but I''ve only seen the modern "cheap" Mauboussin stuff in photos (SignedPieces seems to have quite a few bits, which is not surprising given your feedback on quality)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
[Double post.]

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Signed Pieces has Mauboussin items already?! That''s quick, given that Mauboussin recently re-launched here. May we see your good old Mauboussin?

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry Harriet - my bad. Nine Treasures has plenty of it on eBay, and for some reason I though it was SP.

Anyhow - here she (he? it?) is - in all her glory and dust...

Mauboussin 2.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks. What other treasures are in your trove?

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
And on DW''s hand. Which really makes me think I should be looking for a pair of sapphires, rather than tsavorites, but she says she likes green...

What the heck - a pair of sapphires AND a pair of tsavorites. A man can dream, surely.

Mauboussin Hand.jpg

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 4:45:14 PM
Thanks. What other treasures are in your trove?
Whoops - cross post. You are very welcome :bow:

Ah, well, now, that would be telling, wouldn''t it?
(hint: google "the coyote''s den" + the fallen-from-glory jeweller - this will tell you where it all is... apologies in advance for the cloak-and-dagger, plus the first photos aren''t that good, but I do feel somewhat exposed posting too many photos on PS)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s nothing. I know a former crown jeweller (Asprey). Won''t it be funny if you''re one and the same?

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 8:13:56 PM
There''s nothing. I know a former crown jeweller (Asprey). Won''t it be funny if you''re one and the same?
I wish... Not even a poor relative.

Apologies for the mess on the link; photos are on that site, on the thread called "The Coyote''s Den". Google only finds the print version which has no images embedded. Bummer.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
i think you have seen this before-the stones were all bought on line and were represented by pics of the stones before the sale-i was able to id the stones at time of sale and all stones were sold w/moneyback guarantee-all stones have been appr-all homework done-so what i end up with is a pendent-tsavorite-with good represented stones at a suprising good value-just my 2 cents...

forms sleeper 196.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMC - will you please adopt me so I can play with my new Mummy''s jewellery? That sapphire is heart stoppingly gorgeous! I''ve got to say that of all your DW''s jewellery I now have a new favourite (the old favourite being a little pink wedding number that collects dust)!

Harriet, I have been priviledged to see some of OMC''s stunning collection online on another forum and I can tell you THE MAN HAS EXPENSIVE TASTE!

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
LovingDiamonds - consider yourself adopted in whichever role you like: sister, aunt, cousin, daughter... (DW may put a few conditions on "second wife"). Coyotes like large families. And my email is... on the other forum.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2009 4:34:15 PM
LovingDiamonds - consider yourself adopted in whichever role you like: sister, aunt, cousin, daughter... (DW may put a few conditions on ''second wife''). Coyotes like large families. And my email is... on the other forum.
Awwwwwwwwww you''re so sweet (I think!)
23.gif
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No fair! [Stamps foot.] LD gets to see OMC''s collection and be adopted by him?
29.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2009 6:17:56 PM
No fair! [Stamps foot.] LD gets to see OMC''s collection and be adopted by him?
29.gif
Oh yeah!
36.gif
I am now officially LovingDiamondsCoyote and Dad is going to let me play with all Mom''s jewellery!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
How do I hunt down this Coyote?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I wanna see too! how? HOW?

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Hum... let''s see... if you Google "The coyote''s den" + Cartier, that should get you there.

Harriet and Coati - if you don''t mind a large family, you are welcome to join!
2.gif
In fact, I''d be honoured to be your adoptive brother/cousin/uncle/father.

Dang, we need a bow smilie!
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 10:25:51 PM
Hum... let''s see... if you Google ''The coyote''s den'' + Cartier, that should get you there.

Harriet and Coati - if you don''t mind a large family, you are welcome to join!
2.gif
In fact, I''d be honoured to be your adoptive brother/cousin/uncle/father.

Dang, we need a bow smilie!
1.gif

YAY! I hoped you might welcome a coati cub! Thanks uncle-dad-cos-bro! You''re not Korean, Dutch, or Scottish are you?
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Count me in! You do know that Coati aka Stoner is trouble, right?

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Coati: Nope. Italian by birth, lived half my life in the UK (and France, and Spain, and the US). For some strange reason I have a somewhat Scottish accent when speaking English, though. And I am a great admirer of Dutch/Flemish painting...

Harriet: Yep. And you mean to say you aren't?
2.gif
17.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m the good one.
12.gif

I just saw the den.
3.gif

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Not enough Mauboussin there. I missed out on this one... but the bank manager would not give me a mortgage on it. Silly man.

M Bracelet.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bella!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 11:00:02 PM
I''m the good one.
12.gif

I just saw the den.
3.gif

27.gif

This cub wants to borrow the onyx diamond deco bracelet!

gimmegimme!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results