shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Tax Cheat Nominated to the Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
taxes are for peons don''t ya know.
The high and mighty are immune.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Can you imagine if that was Sarah Palin or Dick Cheney? They''d be wiping the spittle off Andrew Sullivan''s mouth already and Anriana Puffington would be burning up the internet. Chris Matthews would have tingles up both his legs!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 9:23:14 AM
Author: tradergirl
Can you imagine if that was Sarah Palin or Dick Cheney? They'd be wiping the spittle off Andrew Sullivan's mouth already and Anriana Puffington would be burning up the internet. Chris Matthews would have tingles up both his legs!
I dunno, considering Bush and Co. (Dick being at the top of the page) have openly admitted to war crimes, and the relative silence that has followed, along with the fact that we're not even sure anyone will be investigated at length, much less prosecuted, I'd say this is fair.
3.gif

That said, the amount of tax evaders IS disturbing.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
Well, there ya go! It''s a great new beginning! Hope and Change!!!!
20.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Where''s the barfing face when you need it?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 6:21:12 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS

I don''t know! Where are all the bitter faces when you need them?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 8:46:24 PM
Author: thing2of2
Date: 1/31/2009 6:21:12 PM

I don''t know! Where are all the bitter faces when you need them?

Wow all these posts here and Thing chooses mine to respond to, I''m so surprised.
2.gif
Missed ya love.
3.gif
27.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yours was just too easy...plus I love personally attacking you!
9.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 9:23:05 PM
Yours was just too easy...plus I love personally attacking you!
9.gif

Aw you admitted it!
6.gif
Take it back while you still can!
2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too late-you quoted me!
6.gif
3.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Lol!
9.gif
I''ll edit it if ya want, just let me know. Who says I can''t play nice?
12.gif
Okay, okay I''ll stop threadjacking.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 9:37:39 PM
Lol!
9.gif
12.gif

Hahaha...well our threadjacking is more interesting than the original topic!

P.S. I thought you Republicans would be down with peeps not paying their taxes since you all hate taxes so much!
33.gif
28.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 9:51:29 PM

Lol!
9.gif
12.gif

P.S. I thought you Republicans would be down with peeps not paying their taxes since you all hate taxes so much!
33.gif
28.gif

Of course not, there''s a difference between low taxes and not paying your taxes.
2.gif
So how''s wedding planning going? How far are you from the big day now?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 9:59:03 PM
Date: 1/31/2009 9:51:29 PM

Lol!
9.gif
I'll edit it if ya want, just let me know. Who says I can't play nice?
12.gif
Okay, okay I'll stop threadjacking.

33.gif
28.gif

Of course not, there's a difference between low taxes and not paying your taxes.
2.gif
So how's wedding planning going? How far are you from the big day now?

Meh, you Republicans just don't know how to live on the edge!
3.gif

As for the wedding planning, it's going...slowly and lazily! My date is 7/11 so I should really get on it...I have my venue, my florist, most likely my caterer (still waiting for a quote but it's my fave restaurant so unless it's INSANELY high I'm going to use them), the DRESS!!! (obviously the most important thing) and the shoes (obviously the second most important thing). Still need to figure out DJ, photog (although I have a few contenders), save the dates, invites (although I think I'm just going to do traditional engraved invites so that should be easy) and a whole lot of other crap I haven't thought of, I'm sure.

We shopped for bridesmaid dresses for 5 hours today and didn't find anything so that's going to be hard...I'm crazy picky and so is my MOH (twin sis)! How 'bout you? You're probably all planned, aren't you? When's your wedding?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 9:36:57 AM
Author: Ellen

Can you imagine if that was Sarah Palin or Dick Cheney? They''d be wiping the spittle off Andrew Sullivan''s mouth already and Anriana Puffington would be burning up the internet. Chris Matthews would have tingles up both his legs!
I dunno, considering Bush and Co. (Dick being at the top of the page) have openly admitted to war crimes, and the relative silence that has followed, along with the fact that we''re not even sure anyone will be investigated at length, much less prosecuted, I''d say this is fair.
3.gif

What is with the constant reference to ''war crimes''?? By who''s definition? Pelosi''s? Please.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 1:04:48 AM
Author: HollyS

I dunno, considering Bush and Co. (Dick being at the top of the page) have openly admitted to war crimes, and the relative silence that has followed, along with the fact that we''re not even sure anyone will be investigated at length, much less prosecuted, I''d say this is fair.
3.gif

What is with the constant reference to ''war crimes''?? By who''s definition? Pelosi''s? Please.
We could try international law. Specifically the Geneva Convention. Pelosi doesn''t make the rules, but it wouldn''t hurt ALL of us to make sure there''s the same sort of accountability for those who break them regardless of whether they happen to be U.S. citizens. We don''t get to write the laws, prosecute people using them, and then claim that we''re immune. Please.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 10:08:44 PM

Meh, you Republicans just don''t know how to live on the edge!
3.gif

As for the wedding planning, it''s going...slowly and lazily! My date is 7/11 so I should really get on it...I have my venue, my florist, most likely my caterer (still waiting for a quote but it''s my fave restaurant so unless it''s INSANELY high I''m going to use them), the DRESS!!! (obviously the most important thing) and the shoes (obviously the second most important thing). Still need to figure out DJ, photog (although I have a few contenders), save the dates, invites (although I think I''m just going to do traditional engraved invites so that should be easy) and a whole lot of other crap I haven''t thought of, I''m sure.

We shopped for bridesmaid dresses for 5 hours today and didn''t find anything so that''s going to be hard...I''m crazy picky and so is my MOH (twin sis)! How ''bout you? You''re probably all planned, aren''t you? When''s your wedding?

Why is that people assume since I''m a bit nerdy, study too dang hard, don''t drink a ton (although most people seem to assume I don''t drink at all), and I happen to lean to the right that I don''t know how to live on the edge?
9.gif
31.gif
I think people in general know less about me (and FI) than they think
3.gif
Hehe. Anyway, 7/11 is a cool date! I think you actually have a lot done, doesn''t sound too bad...but definitely need to get the BM dresses wrapped up ASAP. Agggh that was the most frustrating part for me, too! It was hard for us because my MOH is my Mom and we had to find something that worked on her as well as the younger gals in addition to on three different skin tones and a variety of hair colors.
32.gif
But we did it, so I know you can, too! For the most part we''re done..need to finalize the invite wording and inserts (I''ve been so lazy about getting back to her for the map I feel so bad
14.gif
) and we''re doing the menu probably next few weeks. There''s a tasting in abt two weeks so that''s exciting, woohooo! Anyway..I am already 3 hrs late to my bed time (thanks WoW), so good night and best of luck with the rest of the planning!
5.gif
35.gif

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock

3.gif

...And more specifically, what do they have to do with the topic of tax cheats in the new administration?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 1:07:42 AM
Author: WishfulThinking

3.gif

We could try international law. Specifically the Geneva Convention. Pelosi doesn''t make the rules, but it wouldn''t hurt ALL of us to make sure there''s the same sort of accountability for those who break them regardless of whether they happen to be U.S. citizens. We don''t get to write the laws, prosecute people using them, and then claim that we''re immune. Please.
Yes. And add the War Crimes Act of 1996, and the U.S. Army Field Manual.

It''s not that hard to figure out. One, for instance (though there are several) is waterboarding. Waterboarding is torture, and torture is illegal. Dick Cheney admitted (almost proudly I might add) to waterboarding. Bingo.

I brought the war crimes up because I find it facinating there is vocal outrage at the tax cheats in the new administration, but not. one. word. on the criminals that inhabited the last administration and all that that implies. They make tax cheats pale in comparison.

This is not to excuse tax cheats, that''s wrong, period. But where was/is the public outrage for all the questionable/illegal acts the Bush administration committed? Seriously, take a look at them, and then tell me how awful the tax cheaters are. I''m not just making false, random accusations. The proof is in the pudding. It infuriates me, and a lot of other people, that so little has been said, relatively speaking. And the thought that they may all get away with it almost leaves me (and others) speechless. And people are crying about tax cheaters? Please.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 9:20:42 AM

It''s not that hard to figure out. One, for instance (though there are several) is waterboarding. Waterboarding is torture, and torture is illegal. Dick Cheney admitted (almost proudly I might add) to waterboarding. Bingo.

I brought the war crimes up because I find it facinating there is vocal outrage at the tax cheats in the new administration, but not. one. word. on the criminals that inhabited the last administration and all that that implies. They make tax cheats pale in comparison.

This is not to excuse tax cheats, that''s wrong, period. But where was/is the public outrage for all the questionable/illegal acts the Bush administration committed? Seriously, take a look at them, and then tell me how awful the tax cheaters are. I''m not just making false, random accusations. The proof is in the pudding. It infuriates me, and a lot of other people, that so little has been said, relatively speaking. And the thought that they may all get away with it almost leaves me (and others) speechless. And people are crying about tax cheaters? Please.

1993 World Trade Center bombing - killed six and injured 1,000.
1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia - killed five soldiers.
1996 al-Khobar towers bombing in Saudi Arabia - killed 19 and injured 200 soldiers.
1998 bombing of US embassies in Africa - killed 257 and injured 5,000.
2000 bombing of the USS Cole - killed 17 and injured 3 sailors.
2001 World Trade Center bombing – killed 3,000 + innocent people.

If "enhanced" interrogation is what it takes to keep this country and our interests safe, then I will not loose sleep over Bush''s supposed "war crimes". I''m much more concerned about the crimes and torture committed by the lunatics that want to fly planes through buildings, build dirty bombs, raise teenage suicide bombers and kill "infidels". You ask where the public outrage is? It''s everywhere. Everywhere. So much so, that when the subject is raised of Obama''s appointment of a tax cheat to the tax department the reaction is "Bush is a war criminal".

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 10:15:47 AM
Author: beebrisk

We could try international law. Specifically the Geneva Convention. Pelosi doesn't make the rules, but it wouldn't hurt ALL of us to make sure there's the same sort of accountability for those who break them regardless of whether they happen to be U.S. citizens. We don't get to write the laws, prosecute people using them, and then claim that we're immune. Please.

It's not that hard to figure out. One, for instance (though there are several) is waterboarding. Waterboarding is torture, and torture is illegal. Dick Cheney admitted (almost proudly I might add) to waterboarding. Bingo.

This is not to excuse tax cheats, that's wrong, period. But where was/is the public outrage for all the questionable/illegal acts the Bush administration committed? Seriously, take a look at them, and then tell me how awful the tax cheaters are. I'm not just making false, random accusations. The proof is in the pudding. It infuriates me, and a lot of other people, that so little has been said, relatively speaking. And the thought that they may all get away with it almost leaves me (and others) speechless. And people are crying about tax cheaters? Please.

1996 al-Khobar towers bombing in Saudi Arabia - killed 19 and injured 200 soldiers.

If 'enhanced' interrogation is what it takes to keep this country and our interests safe, then I will not loose sleep over Bush's supposed 'war crimes'. I'm much more concerned about the crimes and torture committed by the lunatics that want to fly planes through buildings, build dirty bombs, raise teenage suicide bombers and kill 'infidels'. You ask where the public outrage is? It's everywhere. Everywhere. So much so, that when the subject is raised of Obama's appointment of a tax cheat to the tax department the reaction is 'Bush is a war criminal'.
Except it doesn't work. And I'm not just referring to torture when referring to what all the Bush administration did. I'd provide links, but I don't have all day.
28.gif

Former interrogator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLvzwfMF8K4

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
HI,
35.gif
we are way off topic here with war crimes. Can we please only talk about the 2 Tax cheats that are going to be in the Obama administration?????? It''s time for conservatives to have fun poking at the new administration since we had to endure 8 frigging years of crap from the other side. I think we are due.

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
Actually, by Joe Biden''s standards, they are being "unpatriotic" by not paying their full taxes!!!!
27.gif

And to answer Thing''s question about taxes, I am not rich at all, but I am a social conservative. I believe in paying taxes for necessary things. If I have to pay taxes and get slammed by the IRS if I don''t pay, then NOBODY else should get a pass. I wonder what Wesley Snipes thinks of all this. Of course he refused to pay any taxes, and got rightfully slammed by the IRS. But, if Wesley were in the Obama admin, he would prolly get a pass too. Oh and BTW, wasn''t Daschle a Lobbyist too??????

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 10:30:33 AM
Date: 2/1/2009 10:15:47 AM

Author: beebrisk

If ''enhanced'' interrogation is what it takes to keep this country and our interests safe, then I will not loose sleep over Bush''s supposed ''war crimes''. I''m much more concerned about the crimes and torture committed by the lunatics that want to fly planes through buildings, build dirty bombs, raise teenage suicide bombers and kill ''infidels''. You ask where the public outrage is? It''s everywhere. Everywhere. So much so, that when the subject is raised of Obama''s appointment of a tax cheat to the tax department the reaction is ''Bush is a war criminal''.
Except it doesn''t work. And I''m not just referring to torture when referring to what all the Bush administration did. I''d provide links, but I don''t have all day.
28.gif

Former interrogator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLvzwfMF8K4

I did watch the video, but I can''t say I agree with the mere opinion and conclusion put forth by a single investigator being interviewed on an uber-liberal outlet. I would like to hear the opinion of others in the same position.

When an American is taken into custody in the Middle East, their head gets cut off. Building the self esteem of the guys in Gitmo, for instance, isn''t going to turn them suddenly into a kinder, gentler militants. Case in point, our new president has "extended his hand" by sending off a letter to Amadinajhad. Here''s the response:

US President Barack Obama''s offer to talk to Iran shows that America''s policy of "domination" has failed, the government spokesman said on Saturday.

"This request means Western ideology has become passive, that capitalist thought and the system of domination have failed," Gholam Hossein Elham was quoted as saying by the Mehr news agency.

"Negotiation is secondary, the main issue is that there is no way but for (the United States) to change," he added.

After nearly three decades of severed ties, Obama said shortly after taking office this month that he is willing to extend a diplomatic hand to Tehran if the Islamic republic is ready to "unclench its fist".

In response, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad launched a fresh tirade against the United States, demanding an apology for its "crimes" against Iran and saying he expected "deep and fundamental" change from Obama.

Unfortunately "reason" doesn''t work with extremists...Nor does it keep us safe. It merely makes us come across as passive and weak as illustrated above.

As for enhanced interrogation "not working", each day that goes by without another attack is evidence that perhaps it does.

This will be my last comment on the subject..At least on this thread. It''s way off topic.

If someone can justify the appointment of this tax guy WITHOUT screaming "Bush is guilty of war crimes", I think they''d have a stronger argument.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 10:52:35 AM
Author: starsapphire
HI,
35.gif
we are way off topic here with war crimes. Can we please only talk about the 2 Tax cheats that are going to be in the Obama administration?????? It's time for conservatives to have fun poking at the new administration since we had to endure 8 frigging years of crap from the other side. I think we are due.
Well, at least we are clear that this thread is about "poking fun" at the new administration. It was never intended to foster a true discussion. I think it has gone beyond poking fun to becoming vitriolic, but that is just my opinion. One more thing, please get your facts straight before posting, star. You started a nine page thread about federally funded abortions. As it turned out, this information was incorrect. I'm mentioning it here, because I don't think you went back to the thread after you started it...or least you didn't comment about posting inaccurate information. Since this thread is not a discussion, I think it is reasonable to bring it up here.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI,
35.gif
we are way off topic here with war crimes. Can we please only talk about the 2 Tax cheats that are going to be in the Obama administration?????? It''s time for conservatives to have fun poking at the new administration since we had to endure 8 frigging years of crap from the other side. I think we are due.
You''re right.
2.gif

And I apologize for threadjacking star, I really do feel badly. Regardless of what the content is, I took it off in another direction, and I shouldn''t have. Please forgive.
1.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 1:46:44 PM

HI,
35.gif
You''re right.
2.gif

And I apologize for threadjacking star, I really do feel badly. Regardless of what the content is, I took it off in another direction, and I shouldn''t have. Please forgive.
1.gif

Ditto, sending my apologies as well.

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 11:14:45 AM
Author: risingsun

HI,
35.gif
Well, at least we are clear that this thread is about ''poking fun'' at the new administration. It was never intended to foster a true discussion. I think it has gone beyond poking fun to becoming vitriolic, but that is just my opinion. One more thing, please get your facts straight before posting, star. You started a nine page thread about federally funded abortions. As it turned out, this information was incorrect. I''m mentioning it here, because I don''t think you went back to the thread after you started it...or least you didn''t comment about posting inaccurate information. Since this thread is not a discussion, I think it is reasonable to bring it up here.
So, miss fact finder, what was incorrect about the post? These are (information about and) abortions that are federally funded for women in other countries that cannot afford them. He signed the order lifting the ban that Regan started, Clinton repealed, and Bush re-instated. What was incorrect about that? And, I DID repost on page 8 about staying on topic, please go back and read. Although I may start a topic, I do not own it. I simply don''t see what WAR CRIMES in the past admin have to do with tax cheats being in the new admin???????

The Mexico City Policy, also known by critics as the Mexico City Gag Rule and the Global Gag Rule,[1] was an intermittent United States government policy that required all non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that receive federal funding to refrain from performing or promoting abortion services in other countries. The policy is a political flashpoint in the abortion debate, with Republican administrations adopting it and Democratic administrations rescinding it. The policy was in place from 1984 through January 1993 (Democratic President Bill Clinton ended it), was re-instituted in January 2001 when Republican President George W. Bush took office, and was rescinded in January 2009 when Democratic President Barack Obama took office.[2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results