shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Tax Cheat Nominated to the Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 8:18:56 PM
Author: zhuzhu
Date: 2/4/2009 6:04:17 PM

You obviously have a lot of prejudices possibly because some policies of his hurt your profitability, however his job is to improve the condition of this country, not your asset profile alone; and I am sorry that you feel like a victim because of what.

May peace be with you.

Wow, I''m sure Tradergirl can fight her own battles, but that was some insulting assumption you made here.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 5:50:12 PM
Author: EBree

Date: 2/4/2009 6:30:34 AM
Author: tradergirl

A daily Rasmussen Reports poll of presidential approval on Tuesday showed 37 percent of the nation’s voters strongly approved of Obama’s leadership, the lowest rating since Election Day.

Eh, it's only down a few points from the start of polling. And for the rest of the numbers for today for anyone who's curious (and not just feeding on sensationalism), from Rasmussen:

Strongly Approve- 39 percent
(Approve Total- 62 percent)
Strongly Disapprove- 21 percent
(Disapprove Total- 36 percent)

Gallup has him at a 65 percent approval rating, only down three points from the first poll (taken after the first three days in office).
Thanks for posting the entire results of the poll, EBree. It's very difficult to take some of these threads seriously, when the posters contribute self-serving, selective information. I also want to add that I agree with zhuzhu's post. Tradergirl's schadenfreude is showing, as well as her hubris.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I have to disagree with you Tradergirl. The transition team and the vetting process is the system through which much of the information is gleaned about the nominee. There is only so much a team can do if the nominee themselves don't provide complete disclosure. The nominee's know the personal facts about their lives that are likely to be revealed and shame on them for knowingly failing to disclose same.

Did Obama make a mistake by standing by his initial decision to nominate people he thought could navigate the dark waters of politics? Perhaps. But comparing the minor mistake of character to a fatal sin...of say...personally lying about material facts to take a nation to war. Let me ponder this for a moment...

And what if President Obama was actually genius in the way he goes about revealing the true nature of Washington Insiders? I think you might then actually like him a bit. Uh oh...

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 12:02:58 AM
Author: miraclesrule
I have to disagree with you Tradergirl. The transition team and the vetting process is the system through which much of the information is gleaned about the nominee. There is only so much a team can do if the nominee themselves don''t provide complete disclosure. The nominee''s know the personal facts about their lives that are likely to be revealed and shame on them for knowingly failing to disclose same.

I agree.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 6:44:34 PM
Author: risingsun

EBree~it''s like banging your head against a wall
14.gif
There are many well-spoken posters who are on ''both sides of the aisle.'' Then we have a small, but vocal, group of folks who are here to stir the pot. When confronted on their behavior, they strike back with more verbiage...and around it goes
38.gif
agree, the Dems should behave themselfs.
innocentwhistle.gif

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
au contraire, Ms. Zhuzhu. I had the best year of my life last year and the biggest part of it came after it became clear he was going to win the election and then in the crash after he won. And since he''s been inaugurated . . . we won''t even speak of that.

No, I dislike his ideology and all liberal ideology. I couldn''t stand Bill Clinton either.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 1:25:19 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 2/3/2009 6:44:34 PM

EBree~it''s like banging your head against a wall
14.gif
There are many well-spoken posters who are on ''both sides of the aisle.'' Then we have a small, but vocal, group of folks who are here to stir the pot. When confronted on their behavior, they strike back with more verbiage...and around it goes
38.gif
agree, the Dems should behave themselfs.
innocentwhistle.gif
But what about us poor independents
33.gif
No one wants to play with us
39.gif
9.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 7:57:43 AM
au contraire, Ms. Zhuzhu. I had the best year of my life last year and the biggest part of it came after it became clear he was going to win the election and then in the crash after he won. And since he's been inaugurated . . . we won't even speak of that.

No, I dislike his ideology and all liberal ideology. I couldn't stand Bill Clinton either.
Instead of bashing Obama, why don't you write about the positive aspects of the Bush administration. Please provide factual information and tone down the rhetoric. I want to know why you are so high on Bush, other than your personal financial gain. I am an independent and would be willing to listen to you if you spoke to facts instead of the emotions. I have never been under a so called Obama "spell" and resent being treated as if I can't discuss his short-lived administration rationally. I am, however, more interested in why you think that Bush was a good leader and who else you have supported as POTUS. Would you mind sharing your age. That might help me better understand your frame of reference. I am 60 years old.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 11:04:09 AM

au contraire, Ms. Zhuzhu. I had the best year of my life last year and the biggest part of it came after it became clear he was going to win the election and then in the crash after he won. And since he''s been inaugurated . . . we won''t even speak of that.

No, I dislike his ideology and all liberal ideology. I couldn''t stand Bill Clinton either.
Instead of bashing Obama, why don''t you write about the positive aspects of the Bush administration. Please provide factual information and tone down the rhetoric. I want to know why you are so high on Bush, other than your personal financial gain. I am an independent and would be willing to listen to you if you spoke to facts instead of the emotions. I have never been under a so called Obama ''spell'' and resent being treated as if I can''t discuss his short-lived administration rationally. I am, however, more interested in why you think that Bush was a good leader and who else you have supported as POTUS. Would you mind sharing your age. That might help me better understand your frame of reference. I am 60 years old.
Obama campaigning on ending the war is one thing,but will he actually do it after he reads all those intelligence reports day after day.anyway, i think Americans never gave Bush credit for keeping us safe for the pass 7 yrs.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 11:57:45 AM
anyway, i think Americans never gave Bush credit for keeping us safe for the pass 7 yrs.

Interesting. That's what my BF always says, too. He thinks the keeping safe part could end up being a big part of Bush's legacy/how we remember him.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

au contraire, Ms. Zhuzhu. I had the best year of my life last year and the biggest part of it came after it became clear he was going to win the election and then in the crash after he won. And since he's been inaugurated . . . we won't even speak of that.

No, I dislike his ideology and all liberal ideology. I couldn't stand Bill Clinton either.
Instead of bashing Obama, why don't you write about the positive aspects of the Bush administration. Please provide factual information and tone down the rhetoric. I want to know why you are so high on Bush, other than your personal financial gain. I am an independent and would be willing to listen to you if you spoke to facts instead of the emotions. I have never been under a so called Obama 'spell' and resent being treated as if I can't discuss his short-lived administration rationally. I am, however, more interested in why you think that Bush was a good leader and who else you have supported as POTUS. Would you mind sharing your age. That might help me better understand your frame of reference. I am 60 years old.
Obama campaigning on ending the war is one thing,but will he actually do it after he reads all those intelligence reports day after day.anyway, i think Americans never gave Bush credit for keeping us safe for the pass 7 yrs.
Bush went into Iraq based upon faulty intellgence reports. As a result, we destroyed another country. We have gained the hatred of most of the Muslim countries and much of Europe. Bin Laden is alive and well. This country has spent millions of dollars on a war that never shoud have happened. Our economy has been shredded. I do not feel safer. I feel as if we have become a bigger target for extremists. We have not had another 9/11 in the past seven years, so I do agree with you on that point.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
It''s the gift that keeps on giving! No wonder the Democrats don''t mind raising taxes! They don''t pay them!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-02-05-solis-husband-taxes_N.htm

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 2:19:30 PM
It''s the gift that keeps on giving! No wonder the Democrats don''t mind raising taxes! They don''t pay them!

You have no real interest in actually discussing anything, do you? From now on, just post this image with your latest ''informative'' link. It''ll save you from typing.

Oh_Snap.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 3:03:40 PM
Author: EBree

Date: 2/5/2009 2:19:30 PM
It's the gift that keeps on giving! No wonder the Democrats don't mind raising taxes! They don't pay them!

You have no real interest in actually discussing anything, do you? From now on, just post this image with your latest 'informative' link. It'll save you from typing.
I think I'm done with banging my head against this particular wall. How about you, EBree? A big old ditto to your "Oh Snap!"
36.gif

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, such bile when the Messiah turns out to be human after all.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 3:14:02 PM

I think I'm done with banging my head against this particular wall. How about you, EBree? A big old ditto to your 'Oh Snap!'
36.gif

Absolutely. It's clear she's only looking for reactions.

It's been fun, tradergirl!
35.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 3:14:16 PM
Wow, such bile when the Messiah turns out to be human after all.

You just don''t get it do you?

Glad to be of service as your anger management outlet. Though I need to start charging so I can pay my tax as a dutiful citizen.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 12:24:58 PM
Author: mscushion

anyway, i think Americans never gave Bush credit for keeping us safe for the pass 7 yrs.

Interesting. That''s what my BF always says, too. He thinks the keeping safe part could end up being a big part of Bush''s legacy/how we remember him.
but too bad we wouldn''t know until all those top secret intelligence reports are declassified 30 yrs from now.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock

Interesting. That''s what my BF always says, too. He thinks the keeping safe part could end up being a big part of Bush''s legacy/how we remember him.

I hope your bf will consider his legacy not in terms of what he has or hasn''t done for US. I hope he looks beyond American shores and considers his international legacy.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 3:32:19 AM
Author: klewis

I hope your bf will consider his legacy not in terms of what he has or hasn''t done for US. I hope he looks beyond American shores and considers his international legacy.

Let me that try that again, just in case you thought I was talking about your bf''s legacy -

I hope your bf will consider Bush''s legacy not just in terms of what he has or hasn''t done for US. I hope he looks beyond American shores and considers Bush''s international legacy.

that''s better.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

You keep bringing that up.
Frankly a a very large chunk of the US population don''t care what the international community thinks says or does.
I am tired of them thinking they have any right to say anything about what we do.
They are irrelevant.
We need to withdraw from NATO, UN, NAFTA and all the other BS groups and agreements and bring our jobs home and put America first!!!!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 6:00:03 AM
Author: strmrdr

You keep bringing that up.
Frankly a a very large chunk of the US population don''t care what the international community thinks says or does.
I am tired of them thinking they have any right to say anything about what we do.
They are irrelevant.
We need to withdraw from NATO, UN, NAFTA and all the other BS groups and agreements and bring our jobs home and put America first!!!!
Too late for that Strm. There ain''t no going back. The world is small, and interconnected, and no amount of desperate wishing to turn back the clock is going to change that now. Isolationism went out with high-button greaves.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
>Frankly a a very large chunk of the US population don''t care what the international community thinks says or does.>

I think this is part of the reasons why we are so deep into the trouble we are in today.

>I am tired of them thinking they have any right to say anything about what we do.>

They may not have any "right" in your mind, but they definitely will continue to voice their opinions over what America does because we are supposed to be the "model nation", no?

>They are irrelevant.>
That is actually a very dangerous mindset to have in today''s global economy, and a wishful thinking that has never been true and will never be true.

>We need to withdraw from NATO, UN, NAFTA and all the other BS groups and agreements and bring our jobs home and put America first!!!!>

What makes you think that withdrawing from all the groups is the way to bring jobs home? Do you think American''s mass consumption of MIC goods is BECAUSE of these groups? Is the supply and demand of the freemarket a fault of a NATO membership?

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 12:33:17 PM

Instead of bashing Obama, why don''t you write about the positive aspects of the Bush administration. Please provide factual information and tone down the rhetoric. I want to know why you are so high on Bush, other than your personal financial gain. I am an independent and would be willing to listen to you if you spoke to facts instead of the emotions. I have never been under a so called Obama ''spell'' and resent being treated as if I can''t discuss his short-lived administration rationally. I am, however, more interested in why you think that Bush was a good leader and who else you have supported as POTUS. Would you mind sharing your age. That might help me better understand your frame of reference. I am 60 years old.
Bush went into Iraq based upon faulty intellgence reports. As a result, we destroyed another country. We have gained the hatred of most of the Muslim countries and much of Europe. Bin Laden is alive and well. This country has spent millions of dollars on a war that never shoud have happened. Our economy has been shredded. I do not feel safer. I feel as if we have become a bigger target for extremists. We have not had another 9/11 in the past seven years, so I do agree with you on that point.

We "destroyed" a country? Actually we liberated 53 million people from a miserable, murdering despot. Do you realize free elections were held there last week? Do you know what would have happened if any Iraqi citizen had even talked about having a free election when Sadaam was around? Do you know what happened when the Iraqi Soccer team lost a game? I could go on.... As far as "gaining hatred", if you recall 9/11 happened BEFORE we went into Iraq. That was a whole lotta "hate" right there.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 7:09:04 AM

>Frankly a a very large chunk of the US population don't care what the international community thinks says or does.>

I think this is part of the reasons why we are so deep into the trouble we are in today.

globalization is why we are the mess we are today

>I am tired of them thinking they have any right to say anything about what we do.>

They may not have any 'right' in your mind, but they definitely will continue to voice their opinions over what America does because we are supposed to be the 'model nation', no?

no we are not, that thinking is another cause of today's problems

>They are irrelevant.>

That is actually a very dangerous mindset to have in today's global economy, and a wishful thinking that has never been true and will never be true.

there never has been and never will be a global economy that works

>We need to withdraw from NATO, UN, NAFTA and all the other BS groups and agreements and bring our jobs home and put America first!!!!>

What makes you think that withdrawing from all the groups is the way to bring jobs home? its a good start Do you think American's mass consumption of MIC goods is BECAUSE of these groups? yes in some ways Is the supply and demand of the freemarket a fault of a NATO membership? yes as it was the start of it, we spent trillions on defending countries that are becoming what we were against. We should send them a bill then pay off the national debt.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 7:04:02 AM
Author: ksinger
Too late for that Strm. There ain''t no going back. The world is small, and interconnected, and no amount of desperate wishing to turn back the clock is going to change that now. Isolationism went out with high-button greaves.
Actually it is coming back into fashion, have you read the news lately?
Europe is yelling about it constantly lately.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 7:09:16 AM
Author: beebrisk

We ''destroyed'' a country? Actually we liberated 53 million people from a miserable, murdering despot. Do you realize free elections were held there last week? Do you know what would have happened if any Iraqi citizen had even talked about having a free election when Sadaam was around? Do you know what happened when the Iraqi Soccer team lost a game? I could go on.... As far as ''gaining hatred'', if you recall 9/11 happened BEFORE we went into Iraq. That was a whole lotta ''hate'' right there.
Well said.
I for one am tired of the sacrifice our service men and women put out being put down.
Every way you measure it Iraq is a better place today than it was.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 7:19:27 AM
Author: strmrdr
Date: 2/6/2009 7:09:04 AM

>Frankly a a very large chunk of the US population don''t care what the international community thinks says or does.>

globalization is why we are the mess we are today

They may not have any ''right'' in your mind, but they definitely will continue to voice their opinions over what America does because we are supposed to be the ''model nation'', no?

no we are not, that thinking is another cause of today''s problems

>They are irrelevant.>

That is actually a very dangerous mindset to have in today''s global economy, and a wishful thinking that has never been true and will never be true.

there never has been and never will be a global economy that works

What makes you think that withdrawing from all the groups is the way to bring jobs home? its a good start Do you think American''s mass consumption of MIC goods is BECAUSE of these groups? yes in some ways Is the supply and demand of the freemarket a fault of a NATO membership? yes as it was the start of it, we spent trillions on defending countries that are becoming what we were against. We should send them a bill then pay off the national debt.

I had no idea you have such a strong anti-foreign sentiment.
No wonder why you dislike Hillary.
11.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. That's what my BF always says, too. He thinks the keeping safe part could end up being a big part of Bush's legacy/how we remember him.
I hope your bf will consider his legacy not in terms of what he has or hasn't done for US. I hope he looks beyond American shores and considers his international legacy.
Oh, absolutely. He is fully aware of all aspects of the Bush administration & legacy. I'm (he's, storm's) just saying, there hasn't been a terrorist attack on U.S. soil since 9/11 and that may at some point count for more than it does now. All it might mean is that the administration did a good job pushing the CIA/NSA/homeland security organizations into high gear.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 7:09:16 AM
Author: beebrisk

We 'destroyed' a country? Actually we liberated 53 million people from a miserable, murdering despot. Do you realize free elections were held there last week? Do you know what would have happened if any Iraqi citizen had even talked about having a free election when Sadaam was around? Do you know what happened when the Iraqi Soccer team lost a game? I could go on.... As far as 'gaining hatred', if you recall 9/11 happened BEFORE we went into Iraq. That was a whole lotta 'hate' right there.
But do we have the right to go into a country and destroy infrastructure, dwellings, people's livelihoods because they have a despot for a leader? We might as well go into North Korea, if we have that mindset. Iraq did not pose an imminent threat to the United States. There are many regimes throughout the world that rule with an iron fist. Should we use our resources to declare war on these nations? This is a complex situation, balancing humanitarian efforts with protecting our country. I think our leaders need to think long and hard before we have another Iraq or Viet Nam on our hands and conscience.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results