shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Tax Cheat Nominated to the Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 3:05:56 PM
Author: starsapphire
Date: 2/1/2009 11:14:45 AM

Author: risingsun

Date: 2/1/2009 10:52:35 AM

HI,
35.gif
we are way off topic here with war crimes. Can we please only talk about the 2 Tax cheats that are going to be in the Obama administration?????? It''s time for conservatives to have fun poking at the new administration since we had to endure 8 frigging years of crap from the other side. I think we are due.
Well, at least we are clear that this thread is about ''poking fun'' at the new administration. It was never intended to foster a true discussion. I think it has gone beyond poking fun to becoming vitriolic, but that is just my opinion. One more thing, please get your facts straight before posting, star. You started a nine page thread about federally funded abortions. As it turned out, this information was incorrect. I''m mentioning it here, because I don''t think you went back to the thread after you started it...or least you didn''t comment about posting inaccurate information. Since this thread is not a discussion, I think it is reasonable to bring it up here.
So, miss fact finder, what was incorrect about the post? These are (information about and) abortions that are federally funded for women in other countries that cannot afford them. He signed the order lifting the ban that Regan started, Clinton repealed, and Bush re-instated. What was incorrect about that? And, I DID repost on page 8 about staying on topic, please go back and read. Although I may start a topic, I do not own it. I simply don''t see what WAR CRIMES in the past admin have to do with tax cheats being in the new admin???????

The Mexico City Policy, also known by critics as the Mexico City Gag Rule and the Global Gag Rule,[1] was an intermittent United States government policy that required all non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that receive federal funding to refrain from performing or promoting abortion services in other countries. The policy is a political flashpoint in the abortion debate, with Republican administrations adopting it and Democratic administrations rescinding it. The policy was in place from 1984 through January 1993 (Democratic President Bill Clinton ended it), was re-instituted in January 2001 when Republican President George W. Bush took office, and was rescinded in January 2009 when Democratic President Barack Obama took office.[2
Read through my posts on that thread. The information you are discussing is irrelevant, and your original post in that thread was misleading. THE US GOVERNMENT IS NOT FUNDING ABORTION. Ever. Not abroad. Not domestically. Hyde Amendment. I posted several times and you''ve obviously not read them, but it''s inappropriate to tell us to stay on topic and then stray away yourself. Debating with you is completely useless.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 3:32:04 PM
Author: WishfulThinking
Date: 2/1/2009 3:22:49 PM

Date: 2/1/2009 3:09:18 PM

Author: thing2of2

Well if you don''t own topics, why are we not allowed to talk about war crimes in this one?

Maybe because you are to stupid to see that this thread is about TAX CHEATS. I am so sick of you and Moom and Wishfull. I will say it and no one else on here will YOU 3 ARE A BUNCH OF BULLIES. You like to come on threads and jack everyone up, and you don''t care. I don''t care if this thread gets pulled. I am sick of all 3 of you and all of your crap on here!!!! I don''t care if I get kicked off of this site. You are a bunch of bullies, and you need to stop.

You know what, I wasn''t going to respond to this, but I will.

When I come to this forum I come to debate, and that is EXACTLY what I do here. I am prepared to back up every single thing I say with fact, and I stay away from personal attacks unless what has been said is absolutely offensive and inflammatory. It''s ridiculous to call someone a bully just because they call you out on having incorrect information. I am all about debate and I am happy to debate with people who have different beliefs and ideologies than I do but I will NOT debate on anything other than fact. If you have a problem with that it reflects on you, not on me.

This thread is about tax cheats. We get it.... cheating on your taxes is bad. Gee, something we all agree on! However, threads evolve and when someone says something, another person responds, and sometimes they stray slightly off-topic. It''s the nature of debate. But yes, you all win, not paying your taxes is bad and if that is the only topic of this thread, I agree. The guy should have paid his taxes. I take issue with singling out this one thing and disregarding other things which I personally believe are worse, but if that opinion is not welcome here I''ll make sure not to post anything further.

Wishful,

Although I suspect you and I would differ in opinion on a number of subjects, I respect your insight and the way you approach others on this board. You really stay above the fray and I''ve not seen one case of the "snarks" from you. Ever.

That said and with all due respect, I don''t think Star''s (over)reaction was due to being "called out for incorrect information". I think she and others here are often "called out" simply because they might be voicing an unpopular, conservative opinion. While you are quite obviously here to debate, and you do so intelligently and very thoughtfully, there are others that appear to be interested merely in the smart *ss remark, and one-upmanship. For that reason, there are about 3 people who regularly post here that I have chosen to faithfully ignore. Personally, I think that''s what Star should have done, but clearly she decided otherwise.

Again, your thoughts and words are appreciated and personally, I find your manner very refreshing! (this coming from a recovering Snarkoholic). Also, I wholeheartedly agree that when "arguing" an issue, facts are key--And it would be nice to see more of them from everyone.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 3:24:08 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
Um, I''m going to have to go ahead and second this!!!!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
“Make no mistake, tax cheaters cheat us all, and the IRS should enforce our laws to the letter.” — Sen. Tom Daschle, Congressional Record, May 7, 1998, p. S4507.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 4:33:15 PM
Author: LAJennifer
“Make no mistake, tax cheaters cheat us all, and the IRS should enforce our laws to the letter.” — Sen. Tom Daschle, Congressional Record, May 7, 1998, p. S4507.

"Hello Dollies"

Combine 1 stick melted butter and 2 cups graham cracker crumbs. Press in greased 9x13 pan. On top, layer 1 package chocolate chips, 1 package peanut butter chips, 1 12oz can lightly salted peanuts. Top with 1 small can sweetened condensed milk (I use fat free big deal!). Bake at 350 for 25 minutes (the edges should be bubbly). I recommend not cutting them until the next day because it seems to take that long for the graham cracker bottom to really harden.

What I find even more shameful than Daschle and Geithner is your use of FAT FREE condensed milk!
41.gif
41.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
“While I believe Mr. Geithner when he expressed regret for his failure to pay these taxes, he doesn’t explain why the failure happened. This embarrassing ‘mistake’ occurred despite Mr. Geithner’s receiving annual and quarterly documents from the IMF and signing annual tax allowance requests that were supposed to serve as reminders about his tax obligations. He also failed to pay these taxes despite having accountants review his tax filings, and despite using software to prepare his tax returns. Had he not been nominated for Treasury Secretary, it’s doubtful that he would have ever paid these taxes.”

“This matter seriously undermines Mr. Geithner’s credibility to be the nation’s top tax enforcement officer. It suggests serious negligence on his part, and creates the impression of someone trying to game the system. Mr. Geithner showed poor judgment in waiting so long to pay these taxes, and then did so only after paying them became a political necessity. Certainly most American taxpayers do not have that luxury.”

“Whatever his qualifications and talents for addressing the banking problems that are currently plaguing our economy, I cannot in good conscience vote to confirm Mr. Geithner’s nomination.” - Democratic Sen. Robert C. Byrd on voting against Timothy Geithner for US Treasury Secretary

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 4:42:10 PM
“While I believe Mr. Geithner when he expressed regret for his failure to pay these taxes, he doesn’t explain why the failure happened. This embarrassing ‘mistake’ occurred despite Mr. Geithner’s receiving annual and quarterly documents from the IMF and signing annual tax allowance requests that were supposed to serve as reminders about his tax obligations. He also failed to pay these taxes despite having accountants review his tax filings, and despite using software to prepare his tax returns. Had he not been nominated for Treasury Secretary, it’s doubtful that he would have ever paid these taxes.”

“This matter seriously undermines Mr. Geithner’s credibility to be the nation’s top tax enforcement officer. It suggests serious negligence on his part, and creates the impression of someone trying to game the system. Mr. Geithner showed poor judgment in waiting so long to pay these taxes, and then did so only after paying them became a political necessity. Certainly most American taxpayers do not have that luxury.”

“Whatever his qualifications and talents for addressing the banking problems that are currently plaguing our economy, I cannot in good conscience vote to confirm Mr. Geithner’s nomination.” - Democratic Sen. Robert C. Byrd on voting against Timothy Geithner for US Treasury Secretary

Who knew the old guy (and ex-Klan member) had it in him?? Yay for him!

36.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 4:39:05 PM
Author: beebrisk

What I find even more shameful than Daschle and Geithner is your use of FAT FREE condensed milk!
41.gif
41.gif

I know - I really am ashamed of myself.
38.gif

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Please be respectful of the original poster and the forums and stay on topic.

dotb

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 6:00:33 AM
Author:tradergirl
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/01/more-daschle-ta.html

Can ya just FEEL the hope and change!

Glenn Greenwald

Sunday Feb. 1, 2009 08:23 EST

The Daschles: feeding at the Beltway trough

(updated below - Update II - Update III)

When Barack Obama announced in early December that he had selected Tom Daschle to be his Secretary of Health and Human Services as well as his "health care policy czar," Rolling Stone''s Matt Taibbi -- who had spent several months studying the inner workings of the 2006 Congress in order to profile its limitless corruption -- wrote the following reaction on his blog:

I know several reporters who are either officially or unofficially on "Whore Factor" duty, watching the rapidly kaleidoscoping transition picture and keeping track of the number of known whores and ghouls who for some reason have been invited to befoul the atmosphere of the next administration.

Obviously there has been some dire news on that front already. When Obama picked Tom Daschle to be the HHS Secretary, I nearly [pooped] my pants. In Washington there are whores and there are whores, and then there is Tom Daschle. Tom Daschle would suck off a corpse for a cheeseburger. True, he is probably only the second-biggest whore for the health care industry in American politics — the biggest being doctor/cat-torturer Bill Frist, whose visit to South Dakota on behalf of John Thune in 2004 was one of the factors in ending Daschle''s tenure in the Senate.

But in picking Daschle — who as an adviser to the K Street law firm Alston and Bird has spent the last four years burning up the sheets with the nation''s fattest insurance and pharmaceutical interests — Obama is essentially announcing that he has no intention of seriously reforming the health care industry. . . .

Regarding Daschle, remember, we''re talking about a guy who not only was a consultant for one of the top health-care law firms in the country, but a board member of the Mayo Clinic (a major recipient of NIH grants) and the husband of one of America''s biggest defense lobbyists — wife Linda Hall lobbies for Lockheed-Martin and Boeing. Does anyone really think that this person is going to come up with a health care proposal that in any way cuts into the profits of the major health care companies?

How serious Obama is about health care reform remains to be seen. Obama supporters argue that Obama needs someone like Daschle, with credibility within the health care industry, in order to achieve real reform. That''s the standard explanation for most of what Obama does (he''s only courting the establishment in order to change it), and though highly skeptical, I''m personally willing to withhold judgment until the actual evidence is available regarding what Obama actually does.

But there''s no need to withhold judgment on Daschle himself. He embodies everything that is sleazy, sickly, and soul-less about Washington. It''s probably impossible for Obama to fill his cabinet with individuals entirely free of Beltway filth -- it''s extremely rare to get anywhere near that system without being infected by it -- but Daschle oozes Beltway slime from every pore.

Before he was elected to Congress 30 years ago from South Dakota, he had very, very few skills outside of the political arena. He was an Air Force intelligence officer for three years in the early 1970s, then worked for six years as an aide to South Dakota Sen. James Abourezk, then was elected to the House and then the Senate, where he became Majority Leader. So he''s spent virtually his entire adult life working on Capitol Hill.

Despite that (or rather: precisely because of it), after being defeated for re-election to the Senate in 2004, he was able almost immediately to begin earning millions of dollars every year from firms and companies that depend on exerting influence in Congress:

The release of the financial statement [Daschle] submitted to the Office of Government Ethics [] details for the first time exactly how, without becoming a registered lobbyist, he made millions of dollars giving public speeches and private counsel to insurers, hospitals, realtors, farmers, energy firms and telecommunications companies with complex regulatory and legislative interests in Washington.

Daschle''s expertise and insights, gleaned over 26 years in Congress, earned him more than $5 million over the past two years, including $220,000 from the health-care industry, and perks such as a chauffeured Cadillac, according to the documents.

Other than his ability to know how to swing doors wide open in Congress, what "expertise and insights" worth that level of compensation does Tom Daschle have? It''s pure legalized influenced peddling, and -- upon being booted out of the Congress -- he ran right to it as quickly as he could and engorged himself at the trough as hungrily as possible.

In doing so, he followed perfectly in the footsteps of his second wife, Linda, who served as the Clinton administration''s Acting Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration, and then, once she left her position running the agency that regulates the airlines industry, returned to her extremely lucrative lobbying practice with her largest clients being American Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Boeing, Lockheed and various airports and airport executive associations -- the very companies that she had been regulating. She began lobbying the Senate on behalf of those clients as soon as Tom left the Senate, where -- needless to say -- he has many "friends" and others who remain loyal to him, and she is continuously successful in defeating measures to impose greater regulations on the airline industry and to obtain other massively beneficial legislation for them.

In 2002, Washington Monthly editor Stephanie Mencimer wrote a thorough exposé detailing how the couple has spent many years in Washington intertwining their political power and private-sector interests, including their joint role -- he as a Senator and she as FAA administrator -- "to reduce safety inspections of an air-charter company owned by a family friend," one which, in 1993, "crashed in a snowstorm in Minot, North Dakota, killing the pilot and three doctors on their way to a reservation clinic" (after numerous accusations of serious wrongdoing, an Inspector General report cleared her of wrongdoing). Time and again, companies with a very substantial stake in legislation before the Daschle-run Senate paid huge fees to his wife. As Mencimer wrote:

So here''s a case where a senator''s wife gets a high-ranking government job, which in turn boosts her earning power as a lobbyist. She then represents clients who have business with and give money to her husband. Those clients pay her big bucks to help fight safety regulations and to win government money -- money which helps pay the senator''s mortgage. Yet so far, the press and congressional ethics hawks have largely given the Daschles a pass. So why isn''t this a bigger story?

Mostly because no one in Congress has the slightest interest in raising it. Democrats certainly don''t want to attack one of their own, and as they point out in defending the Daschles, Republicans are married to lobbyists, too. In addition, both Republicans and Democrats are beneficiaries of Linda Daschle''s clients. "This town is so bizarre that Linda Daschle may even deliver campaign contributions to Trent Lott," says the Heritage Foundation''s Ron Utt. Indeed, she freely admits to giving campaign contributions to Republicans.

So who''s left to scrutinize the relationship? The answer is the press. But Daschle has them covered too. Unlike Hillary a decade ago, Linda Daschle is a Beltway insider who understands the rules of the game. The main rule is that the effects of your actions, no matter how dubious---say, weakening airline safety---are never grounds for a scandal so long as you first, disclose your actions, and then, don''t violate the ethics rules in the process. If Tom or Linda Daschle had secretly taken a free pair of Superbowl tickets from Northwest Airlines and then pushed the airline bailout plan, that would be a big story. But the fact that Tom Daschle takes thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from Northwest and his wife''s firm collects $200,000 a year to lobby for them is no problem at all.

As Mencimer points out, they know how to stay on the right side of what is strictly legal. There''s no evidence they did anything illegal, but it is still blatantly sleazy and corrupt -- exactly the sort of legalized sleaze and corruption that Barack Obama, as a centerpiece of his campaign, vowed to combat. And it''s unlikely to matter for exactly the reason Mencimer said: there are very few people in Washington who could criticize this sort of behavior without being guilty of the most extreme hypocrisy imaginable. The oh-so-sophisticated media stars are far too worldly to care about any such access-buying. And when one adds on to that the fact that Daschle is a member in good standing of the incestuous Senate club that must confirm him, it is difficult to see anything happening here other than easy confirmation, no matter how many more incriminating details are revealed (and this is to say nothing of the fact that Daschle was Senate Majority Leader from 2001-2004 when the Democrats perfected the art of submission to the Bush agenda, including the 2002 vote for the Iraq War, which Daschle supported).

Other than his being more extreme than most, and the fact that he and his wife work in tandem as a public-private team, there isn''t anything particularly unusual about how Tom Daschle functions. He''s quite emblematic of the Beltway syndrome. But that''s the point: while it''s unreasonable to expect that Obama will be able to avoid all ethically questionable individuals, it seems rather unnecessary to take one of the most ethically compromised Beltway mavens and place him in charge of a massive industry, one that has been lavishing him with undeserved wealth for the past several years.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 4:42:10 PM

This is the way you post material to engage in a rational discussion of an issue. Thank you, LA Jennifer, for being a role model on this thread
36.gif

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
There will always be tax cheaters out there. It happens a lot but when a politician gets caught, its in the media and everyone is talking.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Yeah! I''m glad someone posted this little tidbit. I think we should enforce our laws to the letter and send the good Senator to the big hooskow. As soon as possible. After getting his back taxes with penalties and interest. And then do a thorough examination of the tax files of everyone in government (Dem or Rep), and expect immediate payment from all cheaters, or jail time. Or both.

That should free up quite a bit of money for the government to use on its laundry list of pet projects.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 9:20:42 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 2/1/2009 1:07:42 AM
Author: WishfulThinking

Date: 2/1/2009 1:04:48 AM
Author: HollyS

Date: 1/31/2009 9:36:57 AM

Author: Ellen

Date: 1/31/2009 9:23:14 AM

Author: tradergirl

Can you imagine if that was Sarah Palin or Dick Cheney? They''d be wiping the spittle off Andrew Sullivan''s mouth already and Anriana Puffington would be burning up the internet. Chris Matthews would have tingles up both his legs!
I dunno, considering Bush and Co. (Dick being at the top of the page) have openly admitted to war crimes, and the relative silence that has followed, along with the fact that we''re not even sure anyone will be investigated at length, much less prosecuted, I''d say this is fair.
3.gif

That said, the amount of tax evaders IS disturbing.

What is with the constant reference to ''war crimes''?? By who''s definition? Pelosi''s? Please.
We could try international law. Specifically the Geneva Convention. Pelosi doesn''t make the rules, but it wouldn''t hurt ALL of us to make sure there''s the same sort of accountability for those who break them regardless of whether they happen to be U.S. citizens. We don''t get to write the laws, prosecute people using them, and then claim that we''re immune. Please.
Yes. And add the War Crimes Act of 1996, and the U.S. Army Field Manual.

It''s not that hard to figure out. One, for instance (though there are several) is waterboarding. Waterboarding is torture, and torture is illegal. Dick Cheney admitted (almost proudly I might add) to waterboarding. Bingo.

I brought the war crimes up because I find it facinating there is vocal outrage at the tax cheats in the new administration, but not. one. word. on the criminals that inhabited the last administration and all that that implies. They make tax cheats pale in comparison.

This is not to excuse tax cheats, that''s wrong, period. But where was/is the public outrage for all the questionable/illegal acts the Bush administration committed? Seriously, take a look at them, and then tell me how awful the tax cheaters are. I''m not just making false, random accusations. The proof is in the pudding. It infuriates me, and a lot of other people, that so little has been said, relatively speaking. And the thought that they may all get away with it almost leaves me (and others) speechless. And people are crying about tax cheaters? Please.

Tax cheats are cheating YOU. But if you''re not concerned . . . . . . .

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
HollyS,

I''m sorry if my comment seemed insensitive to the issue. I think its horrible and he should be penalized just like the rest of us working class would if a stunt like this was pulled. I try not to let things I can''t change bother me. Nothing makes it right by any means but, I am focusing on saving for the future and if a senator decides to cheat on his taxes, then all I can do is hope for recourse.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 4:48:39 PM

Yeah! I'm glad someone posted this little tidbit. I think we should enforce our laws to the letter and send the good Senator to the big hooskow. As soon as possible. After getting his back taxes with penalties and interest. And then do a thorough examination of the tax files of everyone in government (Dem or Rep), and expect immediate payment from all cheaters, or jail time. Or both.

That should free up quite a bit of money for the government to use on its laundry list of pet projects.

Remember all the carrying on about how "negligent" the McCain campaign was when it came to vetting Sarah Palin?

How do you nominate a guy to run the Department of the Treasury when he personally owes it $34,000 ??

And then, how is it that network news forgets about it in 2 days?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
It blows me away that Daschle can simply file an amended return and write a check for over 143K. It must be nice to have that kind of cash. Not to mention that he gets free car service.

I am all for the little guy scratching and clawing to find something he/she can write off in order to reduce their tax obligations, but it amazes me how much more money the U.S. government would have if we had an easier and more fair tax system.

This is the kind of crap that kills the middle class. It has nothing to do with the party affiliation and everything to do with greed.

Between corporate welfare and the wealthiest people avoiding taxes, the middle class should just throw in the towel.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
yes, and isn''t it amazing how the media and Democrats want to give this sleazeball a pass on this while there was a witch hunt for Sarah Palin over some goofy crap with a state trooper?

The Republican senators better stand up and block this one or they will lose all credibility. I''m not writing any more checks until I see how they handle this (and I donate a lot)

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 7:55:24 AM
Author: tradergirl
yes, and isn''t it amazing how the media and Democrats want to give this sleazeball a pass on this while there was a witch hunt for Sarah Palin over some goofy crap with a state trooper?

The Republican senators better stand up and block this one or they will lose all credibility. I''m not writing any more checks until I see how they handle this (and I donate a lot)

I don''t want to start anything...but it wasn''t just some "goofy crap with a state trooper" She was accused, and found guilty of, abuse of power. Not to mention her use of extreme nepotism. (I don''t mean any offense, I''m just saying--she wasn''t an innocent little girl there!)

That being said, I agree that Obama needs to be more careful with who he picks--as much as I love him, he needs to make sure he thoroughly vets his candidates. He has enough on his plate with the economy, the war, etc...he can''t surround himself with scandal.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
She was "found guilty" of absolutely nothing.

NY Times (am I dreaming) calls for Daschle to withdraw.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/opinion/03tue1.html?_r=2&partner=rss&emc=rss

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
I apologize for my misuse of semantics...but the bi-partisian ethics committee of the State of Alaska concluded that she abused power. So, you''re right, she was never tried and "found guilty", but it was decided that she had indeed abused power. The link below is to an article written by the Associated Press, published by The Independent.

AP article

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 12:08:41 PM
Author: AllieGator
I apologize for my misuse of semantics...but the bi-partisian ethics committee of the State of Alaska concluded that she abused power. So, you''re right, she was never tried and ''found guilty'', but it was decided that she had indeed abused power. The link below is to an article written by the Associated Press, published by The Independent.

AP article
And then the State Personnel Board came out with their own report saying she didn''t.

I''m not saying she did or didn''t, but just wanted make sure all the facts were out there.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 10:28:30 PM
Author: miraclesrule
This is the kind of crap that kills the middle class. It has nothing to do with the party affiliation and everything to do with greed. Between corporate welfare and the wealthiest people avoiding taxes, the middle class should just throw in the towel.
Exactly. These issues happen on both sides. Honestly, Geithner doesn''t bother me ... mistakes happen & it seems like a tricky, unusual situation that was rectified asap. AND he has a skill set that makes him uniquely desirable for that position.

Daschle bothers me more. I hope he does withdraw. Many people could step into that position besides him. And his evasion looks fishier.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Anyone posted this yet? Is this the third person? I am losing count..More tax issues

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Daschle withdraws!
Can''t find a link....just saw it on the news!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 12:58:52 PM
Author: luckystar112
Daschle withdraws!

Can''t find a link....just saw it on the news!

Good.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 12:56:36 PM
Anyone posted this yet? Is this the third person? I am losing count..More tax issues
It''s that "Transparency in Government" at work. The press has decided to vet these folks, since the administration doesn''t seem able to do it!
3.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 7:11:07 PM
Author: I Love My Sailor
HollyS,

I''m sorry if my comment seemed insensitive to the issue. I think its horrible and he should be penalized just like the rest of us working class would if a stunt like this was pulled. I try not to let things I can''t change bother me. Nothing makes it right by any means but, I am focusing on saving for the future and if a senator decides to cheat on his taxes, then all I can do is hope for recourse.
There was nothing wrong with your comment. You are right; tax cheaters are on both sides of the aisle. I say let''s go get those overdue tax dollars, with as much penalties and interest as we can legally charge them for!

As for Mr. Daschle, I think he''s feeling the ire of a public that is fed up. He he he he.
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 1:10:34 PM
It's that 'Transparency in Government' at work. The press has decided to vet these folks, since the administration doesn't seem able to do it!
3.gif
The press? By chance do you mean "the LIBERAL media"?
3.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 1:15:41 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 2/3/2009 1:10:34 PM

It''s that ''Transparency in Government'' at work. The press has decided to vet these folks, since the administration doesn''t seem able to do it!
3.gif

The press? By chance do you mean ''the LIBERAL media''?
3.gif

Yes, and I am totally surprised this news is reaching the airwaves at all! Guess they''re bored with Bushy gone.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results