shape
carat
color
clarity

Another project: lab ruby ring

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
I was inspired by @Niffler75 to get a lab ruby a while ago. This was custom cut for me by Ian Robinson of http://precisioncutgems.co.uk/. It's 7.2mm round in chrysanthemum cut. He seems to have a lot of synthetic stones rather than earth mined.

I bought a silver CZ setting off Etsy which took forever to arrive, and today I set the stone. It was for a 7mm stone but I managed to get it to fit. The ring comes with a matching fitted eternity band.

Attachments

• IMG_20200629_185530.jpg
    IMG_20200629_185530.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 55

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! From what i can see you did a great job! was your cutter hard to find? We would love to see this on the lab coloured stone thread too! Its a good reference for people who are looking for stones and cutters to look through!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks really pretty.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@paragon1234 Wow lovely ring! I would love some close ups of your lab ruby! The colour really sings out! :kiss2:
I am in the final stage of my project as covid slowed everything down! :mrgreen2:
And well done for finding one of the few cutters in the UK!

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
Very nice! From what i can see you did a great job! was your cutter hard to find? We would love to see this on the lab coloured stone thread too! Its a good reference for people who are looking for stones and cutters to look through!

I think I found him from looking at lab rubies on eBay. When he didn't have the shape I wanted I just contacted him via his website.

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
@paragon1234 Wow lovely ring! I would love some close ups of your lab ruby! The colour really sings out! :kiss2:
I am in the final stage of my project as covid slowed everything down! :mrgreen2:
And well done for finding one of the few cutters in the UK!

Here is a close up with my macro lens. Had to get the DSLR out for this. It's getting dark here but this is outdoor light.
DSC_1646.png

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I think I found him from looking at lab rubies on eBay. When he didn't have the shape I wanted I just contacted him via his website.

Very nice! Thanks! And omg I know you weren't posting that close up for me but omg! It's awesome! I love your ring!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful @paragon1234! You've made my evening! :kiss2: Well done with the setting too.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so pretty!!!! Wow, thanks for linking to his etsy store--I like his cutting style and he has lots of nice bright colors

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
Do you mind sharing where you got the setting? It’s so lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results