Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Another project: lab ruby ring

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
I was inspired by @Niffler75 to get a lab ruby a while ago. This was custom cut for me by Ian Robinson of http://precisioncutgems.co.uk/. It's 7.2mm round in chrysanthemum cut. He seems to have a lot of synthetic stones rather than earth mined.

I bought a silver CZ setting off Etsy which took forever to arrive, and today I set the stone. It was for a 7mm stone but I managed to get it to fit. The ring comes with a matching fitted eternity band.

Attachments

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! From what i can see you did a great job! was your cutter hard to find? We would love to see this on the lab coloured stone thread too! Its a good reference for people who are looking for stones and cutters to look through!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks really pretty.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@paragon1234 Wow lovely ring! I would love some close ups of your lab ruby! The colour really sings out! :kiss2:
I am in the final stage of my project as covid slowed everything down! :mrgreen2:
And well done for finding one of the few cutters in the UK!

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
Very nice! From what i can see you did a great job! was your cutter hard to find? We would love to see this on the lab coloured stone thread too! Its a good reference for people who are looking for stones and cutters to look through!
I think I found him from looking at lab rubies on eBay. When he didn't have the shape I wanted I just contacted him via his website.

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
@paragon1234 Wow lovely ring! I would love some close ups of your lab ruby! The colour really sings out! :kiss2:
I am in the final stage of my project as covid slowed everything down! :mrgreen2:
And well done for finding one of the few cutters in the UK!
Here is a close up with my macro lens. Had to get the DSLR out for this. It's getting dark here but this is outdoor light.
DSC_1646.png

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I think I found him from looking at lab rubies on eBay. When he didn't have the shape I wanted I just contacted him via his website.
Very nice! Thanks! And omg I know you weren't posting that close up for me but omg! It's awesome! I love your ring!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so pretty!!!! Wow, thanks for linking to his etsy store--I like his cutting style and he has lots of nice bright colors

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.