shape
carat
color
clarity

Another passing of family. . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everyone, thanks so much for your kind words and thoughts. I find it comforting having the support right now. My husband won''t be home tonight due to all this and I''m here with my kids. Last night my husband and I tried to explain to them that their aunt died and they asked how and we said she was sick. Not really a lie in that mental illness is within that definition. The weird thing is yesterday morning, before I heard the up the news, while still in bed, my kids came into the room to do the usual petting of the cat and trying to get me out of bed, my son asked me what suicide meant! Isn''t that just the bizarrest coincidence?

Anway, yes the anger part, I know, will occur. Right now I just feel like someone has shaken up my head and it''s a blur. I''m still confused. This is the first person I''ve known to have died in this way.

Also, as I''ve mentioned in previous posts, I''m not religious (do not have an organized belief system), but I do believe we have souls and I''m so worried about that aspect of suicide and what will happen to hers. . .you know? Yeah, sorry if that goes to deep. . . just one thing I can''t get out of my head.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear that MC. Sending my thoughts and prayers.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 2:09:02 PM
Author: Gailey
Take care of you and your children and don''t expect too much of your self for a while.
Thanks. I tried talking to my kids today because they do not understand AT ALL. They simply wanted to go play after we told them. They explained to me that they do not want to remember her dead because it makes them sad. I have some great photos of them with her and will go through what I have after a bit of time and frame one for each of them. It''s easier to disassociate right now than to look.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC
sorry to hear this news.
aww1.gif
thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry. I does help to talk it all out, so consider us listening...

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
MC, I''m so sorry to hear about your losses. What a difficult time for you and the family.

Suicide is a very difficult thing. Several years ago, just a few months after we were married, my BIL (DH''s brother) killed himself. It was a horrible time and really tested our young marriage. One thing that really helped was a suicide survivors group. It was something we couldn''t do until a couple of months afterward but was eventually really beneficial. Just a thought for you in case you are interested.

Hugs and prayers coming your way.

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
My heart hurts for you and your family. Prayers for comfort and healing to you all.

Lori

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how absolutely awful, MC
7.gif

::HUGS::

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family - and her child - are in my thoughts. What a painful start to the new year
7.gif
Please take the time to do what you need to for yourself, there's no right way to heal from tragedy.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
My sympathy, MC. You are dealing with a lot of pain...we''re here!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry MC. When things like this happen it leaves everyone wondering what they could have done
but in reality there probably wasnt anything. Again, accept my condolences.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
MC - having lost several family members this year, I somewhat understand your pain. I am so so sorry (((Hugs)))
7.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC, I am SO very sorry for your loss. The holidays are really tough on people and your SIL was obviously very sick. I wish things had turned out differently for her but hope with all my heart you all find peace and acceptance soon. My thoughts are with her child and your entire family during this painful time. My best advice is let yourself FEEL everything you are feeling. Don''t keep it bottled up.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
My condolences for your loss.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hugs!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry MC! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I''m very sorry for your loss MC. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs!

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
MC, I am so very sorry. How awful for your whole family.

It sounds like you''re doing the best you can with explaining it to your kids. Just answer any questions they have as they come up, honestly but in a way that they can understand.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 3:13:55 PM
Author: MC
Everyone, thanks so much for your kind words and thoughts. I find it comforting having the support right now. My husband won''t be home tonight due to all this and I''m here with my kids. Last night my husband and I tried to explain to them that their aunt died and they asked how and we said she was sick. Not really a lie in that mental illness is within that definition. The weird thing is yesterday morning, before I heard the up the news, while still in bed, my kids came into the room to do the usual petting of the cat and trying to get me out of bed, my son asked me what suicide meant! Isn''t that just the bizarrest coincidence?

Anway, yes the anger part, I know, will occur. Right now I just feel like someone has shaken up my head and it''s a blur. I''m still confused. This is the first person I''ve known to have died in this way.

Also, as I''ve mentioned in previous posts, I''m not religious (do not have an organized belief system), but I do believe we have souls and I''m so worried about that aspect of suicide and what will happen to hers. . .you know? Yeah, sorry if that goes to deep. . . just one thing I can''t get out of my head.
I think you did a perfect job explaining it to your kids. I am not religious at all either and I felt the same after about worrying about what would happen to him. I still sometimes feel like I can feel his prescence even though I never believed in that sort of stuff before he died.

What I told my kids (My youngest 2 were babies, but my older ones were 7 and 5 at the time) was that he had a sickness in his brain and thats what killed him. Since we were so closely related they were then scared I would die of the same thing and I reassured them that NO, I would not die of the same thing and I could promise them that.

I was thinking about you today because my kids and I went fish shopping and came home with a new beautiful fancy goldfish and I was thinking of your SIL and even though we never met when we were shopping for fish I thought "MC would enjoy looking at these fish". Weird thing when an internet friend pops into your real offline thoughts.

I''m glad your husband is with his family now, they need him. I''m hope 2010 brings only good things to you and your family.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC, I''m so sorry for your loss. I can''t even begin to imagine what a terrible shock that must me. And I''m sorry for the loss of your grandfather, too. What a terrible time for your family. You''ll be in my thoughts.

I know several people who have lost a loved one to suicide, and they were all helped immensely by support groups specifically for the loss of a loved one to suicide. Maybe in the future that''s something that could help you and your husband.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I am very sorry for your loss...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC, I am so sorry.
8.gif
i will keep your family and you in my thoughts; sending you a giant hug. Take care of you and your family.
emrose.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss
8.gif
I hope that you and your family are able to get through this, and I second the suggestion of joining a support group when you feel up to it.
emrose.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear, MC. Losing family members is always difficult, but to lose them so suddenly is always tragic. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
MC, I am so very sorry for your loss. How heartbreaking--especially for that poor child.

I lost a close friend to suicide a number of years ago, and I am still working on sorting out the flood of emotions connected with that. It is so hard to understand.

I am thinking of and praying for you and your family at this incredibly difficult time.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this, MC. What a terrible time for your family. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
MC, I''m so sorry for your lost. Prays outgoing to you and your whole family.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
MC I am sorry for your families loss you will all be in my thoughts and prayers - HUGS to you all

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry that you don''t have the support of your husband right now, with all you have been through it is tough to be the caregiver of three children too.

I honestly wish I could take you and the kids out for a fun day of pizza and a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results