shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Mark T Cushion Masterpiece in the works!!! Advice welcome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Well, we are taking the plunge. I put the deposit down an hour ago and the next ERD Mark T cushion ring is in the works!

Stone:
GIA Certified
Cushion Brilliant
2.28ct H VVS2
7.90x7.87mm
68% depth
56% table
Culet: none
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Fluorescence: none

I don't have a photo, but hope to get one soon. The facet design is a more modern cushion brilliant cut with 8 mains. Looks brighter than a chunky facet, without any of that crushed glass nastiness.

In terms of setting, leaning towards the something like the "winnie" HW inspired halo ring and matching eternity band. We like how delicate it looks and the style of the pave setting. But my wife, Dianna, is a big fan of some of Leon Mege's designs, so may add a touch of LM inspiration to the details.

Any and all ideas or advice welcome! Especially from those who have worked with Mark T in the past. Thanks to everyone that spent the time to respond to my various "dumb question threads".
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t worked with Mark, but he''s made some lovely rings. I just wanted to say congrats, and I look forward to seeing your setting!

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:00:49 PM
Author: Ellen
I haven''t worked with Mark, but he''s made some lovely rings. I just wanted to say congrats, and I look forward to seeing your setting!
I appreciate it. This isn''t a popular time to be making purchases like this, but how many 10-year anniversaries will we ever have? And besides, I promised so long as I was still employed and "doing ok".
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have worked with Mark and I can say you are in good hands! But at the same time-his spam filter hasn''t been great in the past-so feel free to call him rather than emailing if you write him and don''t hear back!

Congrats and I think it''ll be a stunning ring!

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:39:25 PM
Author: neatfreak
I have worked with Mark and I can say you are in good hands! But at the same time-his spam filter hasn''t been great in the past-so feel free to call him rather than emailing if you write him and don''t hear back!

Congrats and I think it''ll be a stunning ring!
Thanks! that''s good advice.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:32:08 PM
Author: ddcha

I appreciate it. This isn''t a popular time to be making purchases like this, but how many 10-year anniversaries will we ever have? And besides, I promised so long as I was still employed and ''doing ok''.
1.gif
Just one!
2.gif
And as long as it''s not hurting anything, why not. I''m sure she''ll be thrilled.
5.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You know, I'm actually hearing the opposite re: the right time to purchase a diamond. I've had two different jewelers (neither of which was selling me anything) mention that this is probably one of the BEST times to make a major jewelry purchase due to the condition of the economy. It's something I hadn't even thought of until they mentioned it.

But that's neither here nor there. CONGRATS ON THE NEW RING! Can't wait to see photos.
9.gif

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 9:40:46 PM
Author: peaches
You know, I'm actually hearing the opposite re: the right time to purchase a diamond. I've had two different jewelers (neither of which was selling me anything) mention that this is probably one of the BEST times to make a major jewelry purchase due to the condition of the economy. It's something I hadn't even thought of until they mentioned it.

But that's neither here nor there. CONGRATS ON THE NEW RING! Can't wait to see photos.
9.gif
thanks for the encouragement. I know that diamond prices have definitely fallen from the 07 peak, but probably not that much. Anyone keeping track and can quantify?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:32:08 PM

I appreciate it. This isn''t a popular time to be making purchases like this, but how many 10-year anniversaries will we ever have? And besides, I promised so long as I was still employed and ''doing ok''.
1.gif

That''s adorable!! The stone and ring sound like they will be stunning - can''t wait to see the finished result
1.gif

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Here is an enlarged photo of our stone!!!

diannastone_j.JPG

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Mounting renderings.

So this is closest to what we''re looking for, but trying to add some kind of "edge" to it. Maybe a surprise stone or something. Any ideas? It''s basically a HW inspired flush fit with cathedral setting. The band would be 2mm, so very delicate.

mount1a.JPG

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
how do I post multiple pics at once?

mount1b.JPG

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
sideshot

mount1c.JPG

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
It''s going to be breathtaking! Congrats!

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 1:47:40 PM
Author: CdnBlingGal
It''s going to be breathtaking! Congrats!
thank you.

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Anyone have any thoughts on this mount? Here is a real-life sample. Any advice on how to possibly improve it?

mount1e.JPG

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
side view

mount1g.JPG

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
close-up

mount1f.JPG

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 5:39:25 PM
close-up
This setting is gorgeous, I wouldn''t change much on it!! I might set the stone a tiny bit lower so that the girdle is flush with the halo, but this is more about preference. I also may be careful about the stones in the crown that are coming down towards the shank to make sure that they don''t rub on a wedding band.

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous stone and setting!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
The setting looks similar to the one I'm having made except mine will have a surprise pink sapphire on each side :)

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 5:58:38 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 4/8/2009 5:39:25 PM
close-up
This setting is gorgeous, I wouldn''t change much on it!! I might set the stone a tiny bit lower so that the girdle is flush with the halo, but this is more about preference. I also may be careful about the stones in the crown that are coming down towards the shank to make sure that they don''t rub on a wedding band.
we''ll definitely take that into account. thanks for the advice!

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 7:00:48 PM
Author: vgirl17
Gorgeous stone and setting!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
The setting looks similar to the one I''m having made except mine will have a surprise pink sapphire on each side :)
sounds great! do you have any renderings? Who''s making it?

ctyc

Rough_Rock
so pretty!!!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is going to be beautiful. A sprise stone on each side would be nice? Do you have any kids, maybe add a birthstone to the ring on the sides?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s perfect!
30.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! Your stone is lovely and I dont think I would change a thing on the setting. It looks pretty perfect
to me! Congrats!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Promises to be very beautiful!

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 2:54:46 AM
Author: CravingDiamonds
Your ring is going to be beautiful. A sprise stone on each side would be nice? Do you have any kids, maybe add a birthstone to the ring on the sides?
Thanks. we do have 3 little ones. I looked at a sample of one with the surprise stones and they had to raise the overall mount to accomodate them. Sits too high for our taste. Is this what yours looks like?

mount2a.JPG

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
bump. still looking for advice or comments please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results